Problem with starting the game.

Well, how much drives do you got? If you got more than one, use the one you installed game from. You can check vista faq part of the lucasarts forum, as Steve suggested. As far as I know, I think it's either a problem with vista compatibility or a problem with a securom, so if you're using any kind of programs for loading disc images, which is illegal, I suggest you quit them and try again. If you're not running such programs, then I guess you try to swap the game where you bought it for a new one (if you think the cd/dvd is damaged - look it up on a light) or send an securom analysis file to the securom support (click here to get to page to learn how to do it).

Edited by Chill

Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope...Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Well, how much drives do you got? If you got more than one, use the one you installed game from. You can check vista faq part of the lucasarts forum, as Steve suggested. As far as I know, I think it's either a problem with vista compatibility or a problem with a securom, so if you're using any kind of programs for loading disc images, which is illegal, I suggest you quit them and try again. If you're not running such programs, then I guess you try to swap the game where you bought it for a new one (if you think the cd/dvd is damaged - look it up on a light) or send an securom analysis file to the securom support (click here to get to page to learn how to do it).

I only have the one drive and I have no image programs or anything like that.

hi. i read this page and countless others during the last few weeks and i have had a load of problems with getting kotor2 to run on the crutch that is vista.

and after a long time and much surfing i have found the answer i thought i'd share it with you. download the update patch from the game- if you can when you put the disk in or you can do it from the update application icon in the kotor2 folder in program files.

next and this fix is for the replace cd/dvd with origional problem. Get a nocd crack for KOTOR2.exe.

Go to this site Mss32.dll - FileFront.com and replace the Mss32.dll in the Kotor2 main directory. actually replace those files.

this worked for me and credit where credit's due this information is from KeyanThren who posted on another forum but i won't advertise cause i dont want to p**s off obsidian

Edited by andred

• 3 weeks later...
hi. i read this page and countless others during the last few weeks and i have had a load of problems with getting kotor2 to run on the crutch that is vista.

and after a long time and much surfing i have found the answer i thought i'd share it with you. download the update patch from the game- if you can when you put the disk in or you can do it from the update application icon in the kotor2 folder in program files.

next and this fix is for the replace cd/dvd with origional problem. Get a nocd crack for KOTOR2.exe.

Go to this site Mss32.dll - FileFront.com and replace the Mss32.dll in the Kotor2 main directory. actually replace those files.

this worked for me and credit where credit's due this information is from KeyanThren who posted on another forum but i won't advertise cause i dont want to p**s off obsidian

hi, i tried this but still get the 'please remove disc from current drive and put in original disc in another drive'

.. i only have one drive as well.