GalCiv2 players

Rhomal

Was wondering if anyone else here plays Gal Civ2?

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Ja.

New expansion coming out in the next couple of months.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ja.

New expansion coming out in the next couple of months.

Cool beans! Someone else to talk too! :lol:

Have you installed the latest non-beta patch? WTH did they do? I used to be able to click on a ship/fleet then tell it to go anywhere on the map (within range) and every turn it would travel until it got to its destination. Now with this newest patch its like most of my ships wont do that anymore. I need to go much smaller 'hops' in long distances. Did I miss something?

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

http://forums.galciv2.com/?forumid=274&aid=167298

I've noticed that when I group ships into a fleet and order them to move a distance beyond what they can move in one turn that it refuses to acknowledge the order. It doesn't crash the game, but it does make it annoying to move large groups of ships long distances as I must either send them as single ships, or I must babysit them every single turn. Anyone else getting this bug?

Like that? A number of people seem to have it. I haven't updated yet, myself. Sounds like there should be a fix to it, though. *shrug*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

thanks for the link! Odd usually stardock is better then that to release such a obvious bug into a 'patch'

Hopefully a new patch to... ermm... patch the patch is released soon. I also seems this new patch makes the AI dumber on normal intelligence for the NPCs. As the game I started the other day I gave a few ships to a minor race and they never did anything with them, they just sat there near their homeworld. 6 or 7 turns later were invaded without resistance or use of these ships.

:)/

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I got it a couple weeks ago, actually, but I just can't get into it. I'm not sure why. Probably part of it is the fact that I've played it on every difficulty level, starting at Normal and going up to the one just under Masochistic, and haven't lost so far. I'm not saying it's a ridiculously easy game or I'm just uber-leet, just that I can keep myself out of wars very easily until I'm at the top of the food chain tech-wise, and zipping around the galaxy in uber-ships with Black Hole Eruptors or whatever very quickly becomes boring.

what galaxy settings do you have? how many major and minor races?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I have played dozens of games. Not in one have I been left alone on average or better AI setting to built up until I could run amuck.

If you fall too far behind in fleet strength or tech the opposite aligned civs will certainly attack you. Even if you don't those generally stronger then you will attack at some point same alignment or not.

There is some setting you must be doing to dumb the AI or perhaps finding a loophole in the AI. Do you have max habitable planets and stars? That can incline the AI to be very much less aggressive until later in the game as there are plenty of resources for it to deal with and no need to start a war until late into the game.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I have played dozens of games. Not in one have I been left alone on average or better AI setting to built up until I could run amuck.

If you fall too far behind in fleet strength or tech the opposite aligned civs will certainly attack you. Even if you don't those generally stronger then you will attack at some point same alignment or not.

There is some setting you must be doing to dumb the AI or perhaps finding a loophole in the AI. Do you have max habitable planets and stars? That can incline the AI to be very much less aggressive until later in the game as there are plenty of resources for it to deal with and no need to start a war until late into the game.

It's much more noticeably easier in Gigantic galaxies precisely because of what you mention, but even on Medium galaxies I've found it pretty easy to pull off. I think the key is that I focus primarily on research, but also drive my economy as hard as possible - which means when the inevitable "Give us 1000 BC or we'll kill you" demand comes up, I can afford it without any trouble.

I also always make it a point to try and keep things balanced as long as possible - when the AI starts going to town on itself, in the form of, say, the Drengans attacking the Yor when I'm playing Terrans, I funnel cash and guns, basically, to the guy who looks like he's losing. I rarely have any military ships of my own until the late game, but I make the occasional export design, ram ten or twenty or so through production, and hand them over to whoever's getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop. Nine times out of ten, the war ends in stalemate; when it truly doesn't make a difference and whoever happens to get conquered, it takes an immense amount of time.

But now you're making me wonder.