Nvidia or XTreme-G?

I never had much luck with third party drivers but sometimes I try them out just out of curiousity. The main question is does your old driver work with the software you have? If yes, why try to fix something when it not broke?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, newer games kept yelling at me to update the driver, and it seems to be working ok at the moment. In fact, some games and applications look better then they did with the old one -although I'm still not sure if I'll keep using it or revert back to the old one-.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I never update drivers unless I abslutely have to because newer versions of drivers often have more problems than they fix.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, after playing around with it for a bit I cannot see any major differences other then the fact that HL2 looks slightly better. If anything pops up I'll revert, but I need more time to experiment with different applications and games before making a final judgment.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, if Bok says they are good then they are good. Bok is the resident expert of NVidia cards. o:)

Nvidia's latest Vista beta drivers are great. They have sped up a lot of things

I don't know about Vista, but the XP drivers are absolutely terrible. Not just the latest Beta, but the past several WHQLs too.

Of late, my system had been showing instability, games were performing poorly, and some games would randomly freeze the system temporarily before resuming again. I had attributed this to common stuff like undetectable rootkits/spyware in Windows, blown-out GPU pipelines due to overclocking, general system bloat and of course more advanced game engines. But when I saw HL2 Episode 2 running at 25fps with random severe slowdowns to single-digits, I figured something was just not right.

So I tried "downgrading" to 91.31, and surprise, surprise... my system's completely stable, performance has jumped in games, and no random glitches, slowdowns or freezes. Some games complain that the drivers are too old, but they all run fine.