4Chan vs. Gamestop

Calax

Guest The Architect
As someone who has recieved prank calls in the past I can honestly say that I never found them funny.

someone thought he was being asked on a date :)

:blink:

I'm sorry Sand, you're just not my type.

Suddenly, on the 12'th, 13'th and 14'th November(and still carrying on), Anonymous decided to do the same prank to Wal-Mart and Gamestop. Obviously a /b/lackup was formed in the name of the lulz and lots of prank calls were made. Moar then 40 stores were targeted, some stores recived calls all day. It was great epic win. At first, some stores were friendly and explained that they don't have it. After a few hours they got really pissed. Some employees called Anon very bad things, things you can't say on Fox News. Other employees thought this was funny, and joked about BattleToads.

According to GameStop employees:

* Battletoads is the new Horde race in World Of Warcraft.

* If you beat Halo 3, 900 times you unlock BattleToads, Anon corrected the employee. The correct answer is Over nine thousand.

* The Sims 2 expansion pack "Cast Away" contains both BattleToads and Mudkipz

* The Battletoads game cost as much as your mom

[edit] Quotes

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hah! What're you talking about. Prank calls are often hilarious, as I imagine half of these were.

I have never come across or experienced a hilarious prank call. Pranks are hardly funny to the target of the prank unless they are masochistic.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think this thread has lived out its usefulness with the spamming of old adverts.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Prank responses are better.

Obvious salesperson caller (bored): "Hello, may I speak to Mr Soandso"

Me (Deep Scots accent): Was that Colonel Sonandso?"

Caller: "Mr Soandso, the head of the household."

Me "Aye, ye might call him that. I'll put you through."

*long pause on hold*

Me (very posh English): "Yes? Colonel Soandso speaking"

Caller: "Hello Mr Soandso..."

Me: "That's colonel..."

Caller: "I'd like to talk to you about double glazing."

Me (cross): "Look, who is this? Where are you calling from?"

Caller: I'm calling from Thisandthat glaziers, to discuss our winter deals.

Me: And how did you get this number?

Caller: Erm... we have a list we call through.

Me: And you got MY number through this list?

Caller: Yes

Me: And you have no idea WHERE you've rung, do you?

Caller: Not really

Me: Look, I'm too busy to clean this up right now. I want you to go and speak your supervisor when this is over and have this number erased from your list PERMANENTLY. This facility should certainly not be on a bloody double glazing sales list. Apart from anything else we're underground. Is that clear?

Caller (scared): Yes. Absolutely. I'm very sorry.

Me: You came through directly or were you transferred?

Caller: I was transferred.

Me (with deep disgust): Huh.

*I hang up.*

*We receive no more calls from this company*

The above works especially well if you can field it through several people. The best wheeze is to have each person transfer the caller curtly without really finding out what they want, and punting them through a sequence of seceretaries/ guard rooms first.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Prank responses are less objectionable because telemarketers can be very annoying.

I think that *is* enough toads for one forum. Some individual(s) didn't seem to get Walsinghams first hint. If anybody feel like discussing phone pranks and their merits or lack of in general (and toad free), feel free to do so.

Edited by Gorth
Meh!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein