4Chan vs. Gamestop

Calax

Today for some odd reason 4chan picked about 1000 stores nation wide to "attack" with prank calls. Most people who prank called were asking about "Battletoads 7".

I kid you not. Some idiots even did the relay calls for people who are deaf. It was very very annoying although we did have some fun with the prank callers. One girl who works there was asking all the pranksters out on dates (They usually hung up) while the Assistant store manager would do various fake accents, or tell em we had the game and psychedelic toads for those who preordered. they finally stopped calling at about 6 pm.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

actually on looking into it, it appears to have been ebaumsworld who started the prankcalls.

We behind the counter were just annoyed that they couldn't think of anything original.

I hate prank calls. They are never funny.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wouldn't things like Call Display help in situations like this?

I don't think employees in a retail store are allowed to intentionally leave calls unanswered. Besides, there's no way to tell if the person calling will be ordering 50 Xboxes or asking if the store's refrigerator is running.

They could have an automated system that could screen out such sillyness. I know Qwest has a voice based system that you can talk to the computer itself and get all your basic needs taken care of and never actually talk to a person.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Fair enough Pop - but I also meant in a manner of tracking when it is an abusive intent. The tech exists to simply track if a ton of phone calls are placed simply to derail/tie up resources. I am not talking a full CSI like LUDs thing, simply outlets saying - this caller @@@-@@@@ called 'watch for it' - does that make sense?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Fair enough Pop - but I also meant in a manner of tracking when it is an abusive intent. The tech exists to simply track if a ton of phone calls are placed simply to derail/tie up resources. I am not talking a full CSI like LUDs thing, simply outlets saying - this caller @@@-@@@@ called 'watch for it' - does that make sense?

I think I understand now. That's certainly a possibility.

Just wait until a major news network catches this, runs a small online news story, and its put down in history as another display of the "Power of the Internet".

More like Power of the Internutjobs.

My money would be on 4chan for this fight.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I hate prank calls. They are never funny.

It seems that Sand does not merely hold the social opinions of a Dickensian miser, but the sense of humour also. Of course prank calls can be funny. This does not sound very amusing, however. What a waste of so much time and effort.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As someone who has recieved prank calls in the past I can honestly say that I never found them funny.

Edited by Sand

I think we're missing the real point of this thread.

Do you, or do you not, have Battletoads 7? This is crucial.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Old news. I am looking forward to Battletoads 8, the one that uses UT3's engine.

Provided the calls were polite and didn't become abusive, I would see this sort of thing as performance art, and an important part of modern internet/electronic culture and art. I find flashmobs and that kind of thing very entertaining and positive as well - has anyone ever taken part in one?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Provided the calls were polite and didn't become abusive, I would see this sort of thing as performance art, and an important part of modern internet/electronic culture and art. I find flashmobs and that kind of thing very entertaining and positive as well - has anyone ever taken part in one?

well, given I had one of them shout DESU! into my ear. it wasn't even entertaining. they also started to use relay calls on us to get us to pick up the phone.

well, given I had one of them shout DESU! into my ear. it wasn't even entertaining. they also started to use relay calls on us to get us to pick up the phone.

Sounds like a bunch of jerks, then, which is a shame, because the idea has potential if intelligently applied.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

As someone who has recieved prank calls in the past I can honestly say that I never found them funny.

someone thought he was being asked on a date :(

No. :(

i take inbound calls all day in my job, and over the past 2 years or so that i've been working here i've taken thousands of prank calls

in all honesty, i've never experienced a funny one

ever

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!