Sarkozy fan club

Walsingham

I was just reading Sarkozy's speech to Congress. The man truly deserved his standing ovation. I shall be raising a glass to a new better era, and to our gallant alies finally having a decent leader.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Linky?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My apologies. I figured it was front page.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7BF...91D487DC403.htm

samm, I think our definitions of right wing may differ. :huh:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Am I in too much of a rush to detect the irony here? Where is teh fun? :huh:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Walsingham, definitions of left and right (in a political sense of course ;)) are bound to differ, and that seems to be the case in the whole Sarkozy-matter. The cited parts of his speech seem brown-nose, no reason for me to become a fan just because he's reasonable enough not to engrave differences between France and the USA... But each to his own :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I'll wait and see. I never wanted to see Sarkozy as the head of state, I don't think he deserved the position in any case.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Close enough for me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Wow! Bush is so unpopular now he has to hang out with the French president. ;)

More seriously, the best you can hope on such occasions is that amidst the flattery, the speaker gently remind the audience of the areas where they could improve. Sarkozy did this, so he gets a cautious thumbs-up from me.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I rather think they only added that so that it wouldn't appear to be mere brown-nosing.

Well, let's wait and see.

kirottu said:

You know Walshingham you've helped me see, if only a glance, how stupid we are as Americans to hate the French. Well, I wouldn't exactly say we hate them, we just like to openly mock them. They really aren't bad people and in some respects are more American than America right now. At least they riot and protest for rights, and are actually a system run by the people for the people. America on the other hand is comprised of a minority of stuffy old business suits who rule over the ignorant and apathetic majority while the whole damned place goes to hell in a flaming sars ridden Indian genocided weaved basket of hate and aids. It's truly a shame.

Oh yeah illegal immigrants, bad credit, Don Imus, and roid rage fit somewhere in there as well.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've always thought that a France v. America rivalry is about the dumbest invention of this generation. We're two nations that have saved each other's asses in the past, we're two nations that have positively influenced one another's cultures since the day we started out, and we've never had a single war between us. If there's any two nations that should be the best ****ing friends in the whole damn world, it's the US and France.

yeah, but not many people living today were around the last time france "saved our asses" over here in the US. nobody, in fact. there are plenty still living (a number dwindling daily) that clearly remember hitler marching into france while the french looked proclaiming to the world that hitler was such a grande ol guy. that's when they earned the title "cheese eatin surrender monkeys" to quote groundskeeper willy. :lol:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've always thought that a France v. America rivalry is about the dumbest invention of this generation. We're two nations that have saved each other's asses in the past, we're two nations that have positively influenced one another's cultures since the day we started out, and we've never had a single war between us. If there's any two nations that should be the best ****ing friends in the whole damn world, it's the US and France.

Precisely, my Texan friend. Well, actually, you Texans have reason to object to them, of sorts with their backing of Mexico, but that's it.

Sammo, what you call brown-nosing I call being friendly. Isn't it nice to see someone reach across teh wall of often quite serious hostility that has grown up between the US/France since De Gaulle, and shatter that wall with some simple words of enthusiasm and gratitude?

-Elwood Blues

Well G.W. looked into Putins eyes and saw his yaddayaddayadda if you recall... and that brotherly rubbing of elbows ended great... "CFE" what lol? You have to learn not to get carried away by flashy and fancy PR tours, RL politics are a whole new ball game... :ermm: Espacially when you get home to your voting base... Tony learned that the hard way and Gordy payed attention, it would seem... I guess Nicolas is banking on the fact he`ll outlast Bush and ppl will forget by the time next FRA ellections come around... Bit of a gambler that one hehe...

http://www.xhtml.net/documents/breves/2007/bush-sarkozy.jpeg

Need one comment more lol?

Seriously, we must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to international relations succes/reconciliation/"reaching across the wall" when we`re popping bubbly cos of toned down "fierce hatred" between the yanks and frenchies... All other problems pale in the light of the fact french fries are no longer reffered to as freedom fries (for now) lol... It`s all like a bad bad comedy :blink:

Edited by Brdavs

Didnt this whole "surrender monkey" thing spring from Frances strong opposition against invading Iraq? I dont recall hearing anything of the sort before "Bush vs. Chirac".

Personally, I think Chirac had some serious balls to tell Bush to sod off (even though it sort of was to appeasee the cool lefty guys)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You know Walshingham you've helped me see, if only a glance, how stupid we are as Americans to hate the French. Well, I wouldn't exactly say we hate them, we just like to openly mock them. They really aren't bad people and in some respects are more American than America right now. At least they riot and protest for rights, and are actually a system run by the people for the people. America on the other hand is comprised of a minority of stuffy old business suits who rule over the ignorant and apathetic majority while the whole damned place goes to hell in a flaming sars ridden Indian genocided weaved basket of hate and aids. It's truly a shame.

Oh yeah illegal immigrants, bad credit, Don Imus, and roid rage fit somewhere in there as well.

The problem in France is that those people protesting for their rights are too powerful. Any time there's legislation proposed that would allow employers to actually fire lazy or incompetent workers, they have one of those riots that shut down commerce across the entire country.

They could use a decade or two of "right-wing" rule (and I say this as a flaming liberal, as we in the States calculate things).

yeah, but not many people living today were around the last time france "saved our asses" over here in the US. nobody, in fact. there are plenty still living (a number dwindling daily) that clearly remember hitler marching into france while the french looked proclaiming to the world that hitler was such a grande ol guy. that's when they earned the title "cheese eatin surrender monkeys" to quote groundskeeper willy. :ermm:

taks

french.jpg

Well, some of them. The picture above says it all about what were on the parisians minds that day. Truly heartbreaking.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Didnt this whole "surrender monkey" thing spring from Frances strong opposition against invading Iraq? I dont recall hearing anything of the sort before "Bush vs. Chirac".

Personally, I think Chirac had some serious balls to tell Bush to sod off (even though it sort of was to appeasee the cool lefty guys)

France also was less than enthusiastic about the Desert Storm. Possibly because so much of Iraq's air force was French, and it wouldn't do to have 'made in France' raining down all over the place.

-Elwood Blues

I forget where I read this. I think it was in Kissingers book Diplomacy. French antagonisim of the US actually began in the height of the Cold War before and leading up to the Berlin Air lift. The French were taking a more concillitory tone with the Soviets. They argued more for accomedation rather than confrontation. But the rest of NATO decided to side with the US and take a more confrontational track with the Soviets. It seems the county that suffered greatest in WW2 did not learn the lessons of it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I forget where I read this. I think it was in Kissingers book Diplomacy. French antagonisim of the US actually began in the height of the Cold War before and leading up to the Berlin Air lift. The French were taking a more concillitory tone with the Soviets. They argued more for accomedation rather than confrontation. But the rest of NATO decided to side with the US and take a more confrontational track with the Soviets. It seems the county that suffered greatest in WW2 did not learn the lessons of it.

An interesting notion. While I mistrust Kissinger on general principle (curly hair*), I know France had a great many communist sympathisers after the war, and would have had a great many more if the landings in Southern France hadn't been *ahem* delayed. However, the notion of appeasement immediately after seeing the results of appeasement is so perfectly asinine it has to be true. For God's sake we're doing it now in many quarters.

*Could be hobbits.

-Elwood Blues