Eschalon: Book 1 to be released on November the 19th

Jora

That's right, the first game of the "next gen" shareware RPGs is almost finished, says RPG Watch:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#7037

http://www.basiliskgames.com/

Basilisk Games sets a Release Date for Eschalon: Book I.

We are pleased to announce that November 19, 2007 is the official release date for the Windows version of Eschalon: Book I. More information on the Macintosh version will be available after the Windows version ships, and a Linux version is scheduled for 1Q 2008.

About Eschalon: Book I:

Eschalon: Book I is the start of an epic trilogy of old-school computer RPGs created in the spirit of the great role-playing games of the past. The game will take players across massive outdoor environments and deep into dozens of sprawling dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of who they are.

Here's a teaser trailer showing glimpses of gameplay.

Personally I didn't find the trailer interesting at all but the spokesperson of the company seems to be a good and enthusiastic guy so I'm definitely going to give the demo a try. Also, Basilisk has been reluctant to release much info on the story so it's going to be either really 1) good or 2) bad. They also seem to have played enough Spiderweb RPGs to make their product at least somewhat different from the usual Geneforge/Avernum experience.

Other interesting RPGs to look forward to:

Darghul by Wolf Mittag, the developer of Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome

Age of Decadence by Irontower. AoD will focus on seven different paths through the game, numerous choices with concrete consequences, non-linearity, and a strong post-apocalyptic feel

The Broken Hourglass from Planewalker Games, a group of former Infinity Engine modders.

Edited by Jora

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit I had more fun with the demo of Crysis than with the first areas of MotB or The Witcher. :yucky:

edit: then again, I haven't played many FPS games in the last 10 years

Edited by Jora

Bought it this morning and been playing it for a couple of hours now. People those who always complain about how twitchy games are nowadays and those who play the same old games over and over again definitely should check this out. But I know, just because Eschalon is an indie project, most of them even refuse to download the demo.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Bought it this morning and been playing it for a couple of hours now. People those who always complain about how twitchy games are nowadays and those who play the same old games over and over again definitely should check this out. But I know, just because Eschalon is an indie project, most of them even refuse to download the demo.

IMPRESSIONS, MAN! IMPRESSIONS!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."