Upcoming Hardware

Azure79

When is the optimal time to buy a computer this year? :(

So my budget is nearing its completion but I keep hearing and reading about these new things coming up.

ARGH!

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get one come end of March.

Go for it when the new 9800GT's come out at the end of next month That way you can get one of these or a dirt cheap 8800GT. As of now theres Mobos with 1600FSB support for future cpus coming out. Theres PCI-E 2.0 support for the newest mobos too that give double the bandwidth and double the power to the graphic cards. Make sure to get a strong PSU with the 8pin PCI-e Power connectors. Also a adequate case, I don't know how many times I've seen or heard of giant cards not fitting in a medium size case due to the harddrive cage.

If you get a motherboard with DDR2 Support (they have mobos that support DDR2 and 3) you can save a lot of money by getting DDR2!

Goodluck!

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm considering the Intel SkullTrail to be my next mobo, but It's got some lousy limitations such as lack of 3-way SLI support and support for slow FB-DIMM RAM ONLY. I also hear that it supports top of the line quads only. I'd most likely get a couple of lesser quads for an Octa-Core system.

http://www.firingsquad.com/media/article_image.asp/2261/04

Yeah, and with the extra current used you could power a small office with 4 people with computers and a single cpu server... Anyway, you have to suffer if you want to be top of the line :)

(I never thought anyone would even consider to buy Intels showcase-thingie)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The 9600GT, nVidias new mid-range card, is listed at price comparison sites in germany.

The prices however are more of a joke right now (about a week before they come out), being higher than the price of a 3870...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

When is the optimal time to buy a computer this year? >_<

So my budget is nearing its completion but I keep hearing and reading about these new things coming up.

ARGH!

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get one come end of March.

Yeah, ultimately you have to draw the line somewhere and buy, since new things will keep on appearing throughout the year.