Well not quite KotOR MMORPG verified but...

freind sent this to me, doesnt say WHAT they working on togather but they ARE doing something

Exciting News For BioWare Fans

[Oct 30] LucasArts and BioWare have entered into an agreement to create an interactive entertainment product. The product, details of which will be unveiled at a later date, will be developed and published by BioWare and LucasArts.

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/

Edited by Kalfear

Thing is, LA doesnt have the Rights to Firefly, it does however own the Star Wars right which is why a official announcement that LA and Bio working togather adds merit to the rumor its a KotOR game,

Plus just looked at Bioware site and as of the 30th (same day as this announcement) a MMORP forum gone up.

LOL, if its looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might be a duck :blink:

Thing is, LA doesnt have the Rights to Firefly, it does however own the Star Wars right which is why a official announcement that LA and Bio working togather adds merit to the rumor its a KotOR game,

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The question in regards to Lucasarts is if it is even an MMO AT ALL. Not what brand of MMO it is.

LOL, if its looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might be a duck :blink:

This would only apply if you've seen or heard anything. You've seen nothing and the only thing you've heard is a rumor from a non-reputable source. If it looks like nothing and you heard it's a duck from a drunken hobo, it might be a duck, but it also might be a tubesock.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The contention in regards to Lucasarts is if it is even an MMO AT ALL. Not what brand of MMO it is.

This would only apply if you've seen or heard anything. You've seen nothing and the only thing you've heard is a rumor from a non-reputable source. If it looks like nothing and you heard it's a duck from a drunken hobo, it might be a duck, but it also might be a tubesock.

umm the link I provided is legit, Its a joint announcement from both Bioware and Lucas Arts.

Again if they make this announcement (looks like a duck)

then put up mmorpg area on their site (sounds like a duck)

not a huge leap to put two togather (is a duck)

Your the one tossing around non reputable sources, I only beleive what the companies say and do.

Again, they NOW admit they working togather again OFFICALLY

They add new area to web site same day (not a accident)

pretty easy to tell they doing a MMORPG togather based on Star Wars.

Since Biowares SW success has been KotOR its a pretty easy guess what the MMORPG will be about.

umm the link I provided is legit, Its a joint announcement from both Bioware and Lucas Arts.

This announcement does not mention MMO. It's reasonable that it's KOTOR, but jumping to it being an MMO is senseless.

then put up mmorpg area on their site (sounds like a duck)
They've had that up for longer than a few days, since 2006 if I recall correctly. http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_...6_03_15_Austin/ What is new though, is the "new next gen game" item on their games list. Which is distinctly seperate on that list from the MMO. Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Jy Kon Star

Extrapolation: I Would think if the Meat Bags programming this title have decided to go ahead & produce knights Of The Old Republic 111. That it would not be a MMO game. Because their is already a MMO of The Star Wars Universe (Star Wars: Galaxies) & it is not all it was cracked up to be.

Theory: If Knights Of The Old Republic 111 was to come to the Xbox360 & what ever other conceals. I would think the Meat Bags would have kicked the game play up a notch or two by making it Multi player online through Xbox Live & or it's equivalences.

Example: Instead of the other Meat Bags controlling all tree characters, which would still be a single player option. Would in stead be able to log online to Xbox Live and play with their Meat Bag friends & squabble over who would get to control Revan, under the assumption that Revan would be In the game as a PC...

Its pretty well known around Austin that Bioware is working on an MMORPG in the Kotor setting.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guest Jy Kon Star
Its pretty well known around Austin that Bioware is working on an MMORPG in the Kotor setting.

Perhaps it is true that Bioware mite be producing a MMORPG. But not likely based on the Knights Of The Old Republic where Revan & the Exile are concerned. They are probably reserving toughs titles for single player game play at the very lest. But it dose not mean that they are not developing & actually MMORPG of The Knights Of The Old Republic Era. That could, but not necessarily use the D20 system & art form from Knights Of The Old Republic single player games...

Perhaps it is true that Bioware mite be producing a MMORPG. But not likely based on the Knights Of The Old Republic where Revan & the Exile are concerned. They are probably reserving toughs titles for single player game play at the very lest. But it dose not mean that they are not developing & actually MMORPG of The Knights Of The Old Republic Era. That could, but not necessarily use the D20 system & art form from Knights Of The Old Republic single player games...

No sh1t, Captain Obvious

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guest Jy Kon Star

No sh1t, Captain Obvious

But yet you did not have the fore sight to elaborate on the differences between The KOTOR & KOTOR 2: Sith Lords, before I stated my personal explanations. Stating the differences between the games story line & the Era in which it happened. Further the OLD REPUBLIC Era could easily be set at anytime before, Order 66. No, the only thing OBVIOUS here is that you think by stating a criticism against my personal

observations are going to make you seem more superior to I. Which is evident by the fact that you would arrogantly try to use a CLICHE against me. That is always uttered by fools that think the OBVIOUS has no importance at all. When in fact it is the most & powerful importance in creation. It is the foundation that holds the Universe,The Galaxies, the Suns of Creation & You & Your world You & your mind set Have corrupted with that arrogant I claim you to possess. o:)

I donno what to say except that this is the THIRD thread about this subject between the two parts of the forum that I keep tabs on.

Can't we pick one and leave it there?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But yet you did not have the fore sight to elaborate on the differences between The KOTOR & KOTOR 2: Sith Lords, before I stated my personal explanations. Stating the differences between the games story line & the Era in which it happened. Further the OLD REPUBLIC Era could easily be set at anytime before, Order 66. No, the only thing OBVIOUS here is that you think by stating a criticism against my personal

observations are going to make you seem more superior to I. Which is evident by the fact that you would arrogantly try to use a CLICHE against me. That is always uttered by fools that think the OBVIOUS has no importance at all. When in fact it is the most & powerful importance in creation. It is the foundation that holds the Universe,The Galaxies, the Suns of Creation & You & Your world You & your mind set Have corrupted with that arrogant I claim you to possess.[/color] :down:

I was wrong to criticize you :)

not

Edited by Laozi

naaa MMORPG makes sence.

Its obvious now that its KotOR3 OR KotOR MMORPG.

But at some point common sence has to play into the topic, the mmorpg rumors have been flying around since bioware announced they making one. KotOR3 however have NOT been flying around at all. In fact its pretty common knowledge, as Bioware flat out said it regarding kotor2" They have no interest at all in doing someone elses IP single player game.

Thats why they didnt make KotOR2, LA offered it to them and they declined and offered up Obsidian because they wanted to focus on their own IPs. So with Mass Effects coming out on Nov 20, and Jade Empire 2 in the rumor section to start the next year, KotOR3 just doesnt fit no matter how hard you wish for it. Bioware just NOT interested in other companies single player IP games. Really cant be any more clear then that.

So lets use some common sence here folks.

Fact: Bioware and LA have joined forces again

Fact: Bioware not interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore

Fact: Bioware is making a MMORPG by their own admission

Fact: SWG loses Star Wars Licence in 2009

Rumor: KotOR MMORPG is being made in Austin

Rumor: KotOR3 is NOT being made at all

final result: Bioware making a MMORPG based on KotOR for Lucas Arts to release sometime after 2009 (2010 would be a better bet).

If you come to any other conclusion you really just trolling and trying to start arguements for arguements sake.

PS: Made this new thread cause after reading old thread, Tale and groupies had pretty much taken that topic of topic and spammed it, so new topic was needed.

naaa MMORPG makes sence.

Its obvious now that its KotOR3 OR KotOR MMORPG.

But at some point common sence has to play into the topic, the mmorpg rumors have been flying around since bioware announced they making one. KotOR3 however have NOT been flying around at all. In fact its pretty common knowledge, as Bioware flat out said it regarding kotor2" They have no interest at all in doing someone elses IP single player game.

Thats why they didnt make KotOR2, LA offered it to them and they declined and offered up Obsidian because they wanted to focus on their own IPs. So with Mass Effects coming out on Nov 20, and Jade Empire 2 in the rumor section to start the next year, KotOR3 just doesnt fit no matter how hard you wish for it. Bioware just NOT interested in other companies single player IP games. Really cant be any more clear then that.

So lets use some common sence here folks.

Fact: Bioware not interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore

final result: Bioware making a MMORPG based on KotOR for Lucas Arts to release sometime after 2009 (2010 would be a better bet).

If you come to any other conclusion you really just trolling and trying to start arguements for arguements sake.

PS: Made this new thread cause after reading old thread, Tale and groupies had pretty much taken that topic of topic and spammed it, so new topic was needed.

That is one HECK of a leap of logic you've got there. you seem to be stating that rather than evidence, lack of evidence proves your point.

I think the Bioware devs are smart enough to know that an MMO based on an entirely single player series of games with excessive importance on story and character development is a terrible idea.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think the Bioware devs are smart enough to know that an MMO based on an entirely single player series of games with excessive importance on story and character development is a terrible idea.

Money>philosophical game design

It may be unfortunate, but remember when Bio said that they were no longer going to do licensed titles, and only focus on their own IP's?

Well, the fact that they have teamed up with LA pretty much throws all that out the window. So, unless this is in fact, an IP that they are just developing jointly with LA, and not a Star Wars game at all, I think it's safe to assume this is a Star Wars MMO.

And I'm pretty sure it's KOTOR though you never know.

That is one HECK of a leap of logic you've got there. you seem to be stating that rather than evidence, lack of evidence proves your point.

How so Calax? Im just using what we all know (minus the unreliable websites like Tale was quoting). As I said before, at some point you just have to look at the facts and rumors and say 1+1 does infact equal 2.

look at the facts and rumors and tell me how you can attain any other conclusion? I just dont see how myself.

BTW: For the record im happy with MMORPG or KotOR3 (for xbox 360). Either or makes me a happy gamer :thumbsup:

SWG sucks and is basically UO with a Star Wars shell so Ive always wanted a better mmorpg for SW (set in KotOR time as its a better more playable time frame).

KotOR3 needed to finish off the trilogy as 2 left us hanging story wise.

Either makes me happy so I really have no preference, just logically speaking KotOR3 just doesnt make any sence when you look at all the facts involved.

How so Calax? Im just using what we all know (minus the unreliable websites like Tale was quoting). As I said before, at some point you just have to look at the facts and rumors and say 1+1 does infact equal 2.

look at the facts and rumors and tell me how you can attain any other conclusion? I just dont see how myself.

Fact: Bioware and LA have joined forces again1

Fact: Bioware not interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore2

Fact: Bioware is making a MMORPG by their own admission3

Fact: SWG loses Star Wars Licence in 20094

Rumor: KotOR MMORPG is being made in Austin5

Rumor: KotOR3 is NOT being made at all6

BTW: For the record im happy with MMORPG or KotOR3 (for xbox 360). Either or makes me a happy gamer :thumbsup:

SWG sucks and is basically UO with a Star Wars shell so Ive always wanted a better mmorpg for SW (set in KotOR time as its a better more playable time frame).

KotOR3 needed to finish off the trilogy as 2 left us hanging story wise.

Either makes me happy so I really have no preference, just logically speaking KotOR3 just doesnt make any sence when you look at all the facts involved.

1 Yes, but they don't specifically say on what, only that they are working on a game

2 I haven't seen any information on this topic. but that seems like a stupid idea from a money standpoint

3 Yeah, but it could also be the firefly mmo or even a Forgotten Realms MMO for all we know

4 with the amount of money that mmo's rake in they might resign the license

6 and 5 are just rumors. I put little stock in rumors.

You base this all on conjecture about their business sense. while yes from a certain standpoint setting an MMO in a world with more jedi would make sense It also wouldn't as it would alienate the playerbase of SWG by being more technically updated and so on and so fourth. to say that the Kotor MMO is being made because to possibly unrelated facts is hardly "near verifiable"

I never heard someone from Bioware say that they weren't interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore. They said they wouldn't do any games from outside-IPs. Sure, at that point they only produced single player games, but that still can't lead you to the conclusion that it was meant only for single player games.

The only fact in that point is that they once said that they wouldn't use IP from someone else, everything else is just speculation.

I never heard someone from Bioware say that they weren't interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore. They said they wouldn't do any games from outside-IPs. Sure, at that point they only produced single player games, but that still can't lead you to the conclusion that it was meant only for single player games.

The only fact in that point is that they once said that they wouldn't use IP from someone else, everything else is just speculation.

Yet another leap in logic. Bio has had MMO under work (prolly just in preproduction tho' ) for years.

Only IP's deal/promise was exactly that. Now we see how much we can trust Bio's word. Still, can't said their IP's have been dramatically original to this date either... what a let down. Maybe DA changes that.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yet another leap in logic. Bio has had MMO under work (prolly just in preproduction tho' ) for years.

Only IP's deal/promise was exactly that. Now we see how much we can trust Bio's word. Still, can't said their IP's have been dramatically original to this date either... what a let down. Maybe DA changes that.

ROFLMAO!

So your logic on topic is disbeleive Biowares word and form your own opinion ignoring the facts???

LOL, WOW, thats all I can really say about that.

I now understand why you and Tale and others think so steadily its K3.

Hell why stop at K3? Maybe Bioware and LA making a animated SW7 movie and not a game at all. I mean if were going to toss all the info away and just make **** up

Just what the **** are you babbling about?

I've NEVER said I believe its K3. In fact I believe it's Kotor MMO, as sad it is.

Go get your pills, **** >_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The reason why Obsidian developed KOTOR 2 and not BioWare was becasue the latter company said specifically that they were no longer interested in developing licensed properties. They were going to focus on their own IP's. Hence, we got Jade Empire and Mass Effect.

MMO's, however, are a completely different bottle of wax.

Another thing: The MMO business hasn't even started recovering from WoW, so either this MMO is going to comeout in years, or they've decided to throw money out the door, thinking they could beat WoW.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"