http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ - Kotor MMO probably confirmed :(

Dagon

Also, isn't BIO's MMORPG team same as SoU team by large?

hahaha :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Let's send them to the ninth level of hell... :lol:

Or even deeper!

It's quite strange for Electronic Arts to work together with another of the giant publishers don't you think?

And allow them to publish the game made by their division.

It's not a confirmation of the MMO. If anything, it's a disconfirmation of the MMO. Bioware's MMO is already in production, while this agreement implies that they're about to start working together on a project.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Where did you get that nonsense? Do you mean Floodgate? Entirely different company, makes now mobile games I think....hehe. The Austin team is actually composed of some high-talent (so they say) staff that worked on Ultima Online and other Online games.... Austin seems to be a lively place for MMO talent, so it actually made sense to setup a studio there.

It's not a confirmation of the MMO. If anything, it's a disconfirmation of the MMO. Bioware's MMO is already in production, while this agreement implies that they're about to start working together on a project.

No, not necessarily. Bioware probably worked on various prototypes until LucasArts was happy with the result. Once both companies agreed with the concept and final terms, the deal could be pronounced officially.

LA will probably also provide some nifty technical improvements that Bio can use... like that Force Unleashed game that makes use of some exclusive physics middleware.

Edited by Morgoth

Yep it makes sense,

But don't you think that it's quite absurd that EA would make a deal to publish game via LUCAS ARTS,i don't think so.

Unless the game was pretty far in development using LA license.

Edited by Dagon

Where did you get that nonsense? Do you mean Floodgate? Entirely different company, makes now mobile games I think....hehe. The Austin team is actually composed of some high-talent (so they say) staff that worked on Ultima Online and other Online games.... Austin seems to be a lively place for MMO talent, so it actually made sense to setup a studio there.

Someone said it here long time ago.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Floodgate did not make the finished product SoU. Bioware slammed it together in a matter of months as the RC's FG kept sending bio were horrible. They then axed FG from the project and started mostly anew. Again, pumped out SoU in only a couple months. From my sources they pulled MASSIVE OT to get it out the door for the announced date.

FYI

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Floodgate did not make the finished product SoU. Bioware slammed it together in a matter of months as the RC's FG kept sending bio were horrible. They then axed FG from the project and started mostly anew. Again, pumped out SoU in only a couple months. From my sources they pulled MASSIVE OT to get it out the door for the announced date.

FYI

Yeah I know. I wonder why they collaborated with Flootgate in the first place.

As for the topic at hand... well heres the start of poor quality games with the Bioware label... took less time then even I projected! heh.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

FYI

Yeah I know. I wonder why they collaborated with Flootgate in the first place.

They surely didn't know when they inked the deal FG was going to choke with the task. Can't really blame Bio, as you can't predict such. Just like hiring a contractor to fix your house, some are good and deliver, others end up on a MSNBC undercover special as they trashed some poor guys house...

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Poor quality != Bioware.

Personal taste aside (who everyone is entitled to), you can't go out and pronounce a game "poor quality" when nothing has been showed yet.

One compound word: LucasArts

One other: KotoR Two

Bioware is not the Bioware from the BG era anymore. they have been sold, and now sold again. Their quality from the past can not be associated with this new entity. However, LA certainly does not a great track record when it comes to Q/A... thus IMO does not bode well.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

It's interesting that the language of the press release focuses on 'compelling stories' and 'character-driven games' - not really what you'd expect from an MMORPG. Maybe it is Kotor3 after all?

Exactly what I was thinking. Those are hardly the staples of your regular MMORPG.

EDIT: Also, BioWare list a "New Next Gen Game" on their site (in the games tab) alongside the MMO. KOTOR?

Edited by Tel Aviv

How do you guys think Bioware feels about failing in their mission again and again?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ouch :*

JE was good

But by their own standards, "good" isn't good enough.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: