Speeder / Nar Shadaa

So, is the speeder in the refugee sectos usable? I've played the game through a few times as both LS and DS and always seem to have one or two parts when I first encounter it, install them, but when I return later with the remaining parts I'm told it's locked down and unusable. Is there a way of getting the parts needed before this happens? For that matter, where would I get all the items? You get the powercell from the Ithorian in the Docks, manouvering flaps from one of the room with ambush by the droid when running the errand for the Bith scientist and the navigation part from the blind mechanic's room, right?

PS: Does it matter if I kill the gangs?

Edited by refuse

So, is the speeder in the refugee sectos usable? I've played the game through a few times as both LS and DS and always seem to have one or two parts when I first encounter it, install them, but when I return later with the remaining parts I'm told it's locked down and unusable. Is there a way of getting the parts needed before this happens? For that matter, where would I get all the items? You get the powercell from the Ithorian in the Docks, manouvering flaps from one of the room with ambush by the droid when running the errand for the Bith scientist and the navigation part from the blind mechanic's room, right?

The speeder is fixable and usable, but not really useful. It doesn't really save you a whole lot of time moving from place to place, and it takes a while to get all the bits to repair it together. I can't remember where all the necessary parts are, but a website like gamefaqs.com will certainly have that information. I do remember (I think) that fixing the thing with Bao-Dur in your party is a way of gaining influence with him.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

PS: Does it matter if I kill the gangs?

Don't repair the speeder until you have all the parts.

Just as you can take parts from anything you come across, "others" can do the same.

If you leave the speeder alone for a certain period of time, the game will have someone steal the parts out of it.

I've had this happen after I repaired it and used it.

The speeder becomes unusable once you've

gone to G0-T0's yacht

You can gain influence with 2/3 of your party members in the process of building the speeder:

Get Atton to fix the security stuff with the line: "I'll let the expert handle this". Get Bao-Dur OR T3-M4 to check over the system to ensure it's OK - I'm pretty sure you can only do this with one or the other of them.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Yup... the breaking down is quest-related. The only real-purpose of the speeder seems to allow some people to miss the Red Eclipse and get Totally Stuck! :brows:

As to why it is so difficult to fix... there is only 1 powercell in the game. If you kill the Twi'lek(?, long ago) in the docks it is not on his body... no speeder. You can use it up powering the docks... no speeder. You wait too long and activated more of the plot... no speeder (altough that is not powercell related)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee