Xbox 360

Alright, so should I get the "Arcade" version with 512 MB of memory and like, some arcade games and some other stuff that it comes with for $270, or should I get the regular version that's like $370 with two real games?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Get a PS2 instead.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I already have a PS2

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest The Architect

It depends on what the other stuff that comes with the arcade version of it is and whether you'll like the arcade games that come with it or not. I'm not sure about the MB situation. To be honest I don't understand its significance to the console, and I mean that as in I'm not saying it's completely irrelevant, I'm saying it as in I don't know.

So if you know its significance, and how much MB the regular version is, then yeah, if it matters to you, choose the one with more MB. Personally I'd go for the regular version, mainly because if you got the arcade version and bought two games to go with it first up or something, you'd find that it'd cost roughly the same or more than the regular version. Then again, I'm not sure how much 360 games are over in the States.

From what I've read, the regular version comes with a 20GB hard drive. I assume this 512 mb of memory is for storing data. I don't know how much space I'll need though. 20Gb seems like a lot, but I don't know how much saving a game takes up.

The "arcade" version mostly relies on memory cards, so ithe hard-drive isn't all that necessary.

However, the bigger version comes with full hard-drive, and wireless controllers, plus one of the best launch games for the 360... GRAW turned out to be enough fun to last me until Lost Planet.... and then Halo 3... and next comes Mass Effect.

Which reminds me I seriously need Mass Effect. I've been playing shooters only for the past few months, completly ignoring my Kotor games. So I need a new RPG and quick.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Mass Effect... Mass Effect...

hmmm

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hades loves BIO. He buys all their games, plays them multiple times (even NWN OC a half dozen times minimum), enjoys them, then bashes them to be one of the 'cool kids' who hate someone that is popular to make themselves feel special, and elite.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Im seriously contemplating getting a 360, but its no fun when games cost a gazillion kronor(swede money). I saw Bioshock on sale for 699kr ($108) the other day, and that was not the C.E box. The PC version is only half that

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I feel so weird. I usually don't care, and hate people that do, but when it's your own thread, and you really want answers, it's different. Is this growing up? Make it stop. Make it stop right now.

Im seriously contemplating getting a 360, but its no fun when games cost a gazillion kronor(swede money). I saw Bioshock on sale for 699kr ($108) the other day, and that was not the C.E box. The PC version is only half that

Ouch. How are import shipping and taxes? Might be a better way to go.

I'm contemplating a 360 for ME (in fact, that's the sole reason I would ever have for buying one). But, I think I'll wait.

Krookie

yes i know my English suck so ****ing what i am still right.

Every Bioware game so far have Gotten more and more Dumped down and more and more Shallow.

NWN was a boring hack and slash.

KOTOR was SHALLOW in about every way because of choice you made where never really important over all.

Jade Empire with it's bad combat system, Almost no choices and extremely boring presentation, no choices and almost cardboard cut out NPC's never manged to be interesting.

Mass Effect have so far only really shown combat and nothing else, no choices, no options other then the most shallow of shallow "like oblivion" type things.

I hope it is good because we need more CRPG's and my dead rising needs a friend.

Jack bauer in space extreme edition is not really what i would call interesting.

Most things that comes on the Xbox consoles gets Dumped down.

Dues-Ex 2 and Bioshock.

Bioshock is like Systemshock 2 little brother that was dropped on the head a lot as a child.

Edited by CrimsonAngel

"Almost no choices"

Lies.

"Mass Effect have so far only realy shown combat and nothing else, no choices,"

Hard to take one seriously when they make stuff up. One of the things BIO has mainly pimped about ME is their dialogue system, and how chocies made will not just effect ME but ME2, and 3.

Your post is an embarassment to truth tellers.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ignore the liar and it will go away.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Uh...the point of this thread is that a 360 is going to be bought regardless of all the console bashers. It was just a question of what package.

Oddly enough, when I see a thread about something I'm not into, I don't go into it. I know I know, odd concept.

Ignore the liar and it will go away.

Leave me out of this!