Halo 3's ending

I don't about you, but until I saw the after-credits thing, I had no idea what the hell had happened, and could have NEVER guessed the ship had been split in two...

And why isn't MC dead from the Halo firing?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What's there to not understand? MC is fine, he's tough as nails, Earth and colonies are saved and Arbiter goes home.

Now, if you are talking about the Legendary ending, then please say so.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I wasn't talking about it in particular.

Besides, what's there to speculate? It's just a little glimpse of "something" (which the devs probably haven't even thought about what it REALLY is) that leaves the series open for sequels.

Ship floats, big flash from sphere/round thing and big white screen. Nothing much to talk about.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was confirmed though that Marathon and Halo are two separate universe.

That's the official stance, yes. However:

1) Former founder and lead designer for Bungie, said they're different incarnations of the same character.

2) One is owned by Microsoft, one is owned by Bungie. And they're not even available on related platforms.

At the very least, one could view the ending as an homage or allusion to Marathon.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was thoroughly confused throughout the entire game of halo 3, still have no idea what happened. I never played halo 2 campaign so I had no idea what in the lords name was going on and the way the story was told was really lame. I mean the mastermind or w/e and cortona sequences were just pointless and retarded. They totally threw off the pacing of the game and stuff. Horrible just horrible.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Did the first Marathon ever come out for the PC?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's the thing with Halo, unless you want to play multiplayer only, either read the first two's story on wikipedia, or play them both before starting the third.

And yes, cortana/gravemind sequences are annoying the second time around.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am a bot. I think it is clever and profitable to con people into visiting websites I endorse, despite conclusive evidence in the last five years that ...

DUMBADUM DUMDUMDUM DAAAAA!

People who are conned into visiting websites experience feelings of loathing, anger and betrayal, and don't buy anything. In short you have to wonder why any business with two brain cells to rub together would USE a bot program. Which ought to prevent anyone buying from such people even if you didn't mind being hoodwinked.

*This post not edited in any way by Walsingham*

• 1 month later...
I was thoroughly confused throughout the entire game of halo 3, still have no idea what happened. I never played halo 2 campaign so I had no idea what in the lords name was going on and the way the story was told was really lame. I mean the mastermind or w/e and cortona sequences were just pointless and retarded. They totally threw off the pacing of the game and stuff. Horrible just horrible.

It was a bit confusing not to even have a small recap. And I Agree about the retarded voicovers with Cortana and the evil person who I dont know what hes supposd to be. Its one thing to have people talk, it

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to get around just what happened during the ending, but once you figure it out it makes a lot of sense.

Just a recap:

Basically, Halo misfires because it's incomplete, so it blows itself up and the Ark with it. While the ship is flying through the portal, the Ark "dies" and the portal closes, so only half the ship passes through while MC is stuck in space.

Since Earth was glassed and had no flood on it, the Ark was the only place infected with the parasite (High Charity having crashed into it) so now every flood is dead except those on the other rings (which can't escape anyway).

The war against the covenant ends and everyone is happy.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY