Jedi Consular to Jedi Master

What do you guys think? Although I completed the game it was only with a Guardian/Weaponsmaster, and a Sentinel/Assasin although I think the Sentinals are terrible compared to the orginial KOTOR imo they were the best in the original but the worst in KOTOR 2. I have just come back to the game and have some good mods like USM and High lvl Force Powers 2.0 and 2.1 also the Restoration plug ins.

The main reason I did not try Consular to Jedi Master was because I did not think the High lvl Light side force powers were that good in vanilla but now that I have High lvl force power mods it looks very attractive has anyone completed the game as a lightside consular? I know they are rather weak at first so what should I concentrate on with my stats and feats. Obviously High Char and Wis is a must but I also need a good amount of Con since I am soft right??

Yes, Constitution and Charisma are what you should concentrate on! If you invest in Charisma (rather than wisdom) you can use force powers of other alignment with less of a penalty, always handy. In any case though, when you reach lvl 20+ as a Master/Lord you end up having loads of FP to not really worry about running out that often.

I suggest wisdom over charisma because at high level you'll have more force points then you can use, especially if your using force channel. Also more force powers dc is based on wisdom not charisma.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I suggest wisdom over charisma because at high level you'll have more force points then you can use, especially if your using force channel. Also more force powers dc is based on wisdom not charisma.

I believe that DC is based on Wisdom AND Charisma.

Basically both WIS and CHA will increase your DC.

WIS will increase your FP pool.

CHA will decrease cross-alignment penalties (and doesn't it do something to boost the AB of your allies too?).

Then there's the skill bonuses from each - CHA is for Persuade, WIS helps with awareness and a couple others (forget which)...

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Charisma doesn't add any dialoge options but wisdom does. And force persuade will make up for a lower persuade skill.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I'm a strict consular sorta person, ha; my game glitched before I could finish it, but I was far enough along in the game to have a strong consular/master character. I admit it was hard in the beginning, like on Peragus and Telos, before you got buffering force powers and such, but after you get high enough up in level, it is a FUN class. Buffer force powers like battle meditation are AWESOME, and you have so many force points you can use really strong attacks, like force push, for almost entire battles (the civil war on Onderon was awesome :) . You get so many force powers that eventually you run out of the cool ones, ha. I personally never concentrated much on wisdom (in either k1 or k2 as a consular) and instead was really high in treat injury and charisma. Charisma is also much more useful in out-of-battle situations. So I suggest consentrating more on charisma and less on wisdom. I did fine without much wisdom. Of course, constitution is also a must. As for feats, consentrate on getting master attacks(like critical strike or flurry, I find to be most useful with consular) and things such as dominate mind (or along those lines).

I think Consular/Master is really the only way to go, and then you have to go all dark side or all light side, no in between. It's a more sophisiticated game, for connoisseurs only---it's a lot less of the hack and grab type game that you play with a guardian/weaponmaster.

Sometimes you eat the bahr, and, well, sometimes he eats you. ~The Stranger

I think Consular/Master is really the only way to go, and then you have to go all dark side or all light side, no in between. It's a more sophisiticated game, for connoisseurs only---it's a lot less of the hack and grab type game that you play with a guardian/weaponmaster.

I played a Consular/Weapon Master a couple of times and it really played well. Especially when you get

Force Enlightenment to shoot all your buffs up at once

towards the end. You get a good mix of "might & magic" with a solid base of consular abilities having set you up.

Edited by pantherus

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...