Atari announces Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Kelverin

Man, if you succeed at that attempt, I'll laud you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just as long we start at first level I am in.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Thanks a bunch for the scan Pop, looks like a cool place. :)

What kind of architecture and environment is Westgate? And based on that, can we expect to see a city that uses NWN2 OC tilesets a lot, or perhaps expect new graphics (probably not)?

Just wanted to link this interview about Mysteries of Westgate I found while over on the bio forums.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Inter...tail&id=311

Mysteries is looking better all the time, and those water hydra things look amazing. :lol:

Those water snakes, or whatever, do indeed look amazing. The story sounds uninspired, but the setting sounds neat. I'll have to see how much they're charging for it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The camera is rather straight forward and the load time are pretty short. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The camera takes awhile to get used to. It's not great and has occassional hickups, but I'd hardly consider it a deal breaker. After a couple hours, it's pretty easy to keep the camera out of trouble. There are also quite a few options now for camera adjustment.

Load times are way better than they were at launch.

Indeed, I can understand some people not liking the camera, but it's preposterous that, say, five hours into the game it should still cause such trouble as to ruin the game experience. Load times have also improved even on my low-end machine and at least saves are done pretty fast.

But then, I'm the type that will plug away at a game if its good, even if everything conspires against me. I used to play BG2 and have an alarm clock remind me to save every 14 minutes, because my computer would crash every 15. Like clockwork. That was when I was 13 and couldn't work out what was happening.

Nearly as bad was playing 1.00 Gothic that would run at 6fps all game, stop for 10 seconds every minute, and take literally six minutes to save or load.

Edited by Tigranes

Well I finised the game, and I usually used the enchanced mininmap to move around to avoid seizures. In NWN I think they had anticipated those problems and compensated by simply making areas a tad larger and limiting the zoom level as well, so you wouldn't end up staring through your characters skin at their teeth and eyebrows dangling in the air. The Cameras have been tamed some, but not enough, it's such a basic function that it has to be right. The loadtimes depend according to computer of course, but, with textures on high a quicksave takes three times as long as an average game's normal save, this is on a mid range system.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

There's no reason for a save to be dependent upon texture resolution. It's not saving your textures.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The camera is indeed horrendous, and I agree - NWN 1 did it better by default. With the NWN 2 camera you have to tweak it in order to get something acceptable, and even then it hiccups at least once or twice per hour due to loading a new area.

Just to give a specific example - why is it that when loading small indoors areas the camera zooms right by your character? If I'm in strategy mode I expect the whole thing to work like it did in isometric games, where the camera stayed at a certain distance and a certain angle consistently throughout the game, unless I change it. Yet, in NWN 2 and MoTB the camera jumps all over the place depending on which area I enter, and in some cases this forces me to switch to character mode just to be able to move since my vision in strategy mode is blocked by a huge clipping wall.

The rest of the game is great, though.

There are doors

"Vaasa"

:p

I can't believe I forgot that place.

What, my home-town has slipped through the planes and ended up in Faerun? What are the odds of that happening :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also, don't forget gods Mielikki and Loviatar

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yup

# Louhi, the matriarch of Pohjola, hostess of the Underworld.

# Loviatar, the blind daughter of Tuoni and the mother of Nine diseases.

# Luonnotar, spirit of nature, feminine creator.

# Mennink

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)