Free Official Oblivion Plug-in!

Defeat the attacking marauders and become lord of Battlehorn Castle. Located in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol, this expansive castle will allow you to live the life of a noble warrior, with private quarters, grand dining hall, wine cellar, barracks, training room and more. And what castle would be complete without a few hidden passages and dark secrets?

Features:

* A fully detailed castle for you to explore

* Knights of the True Horn patrol the castle and do your bidding

* Secret treasure vault

* Upgrade the furnishings in every area of the castle

* Hire a vintner to create special wines to enhance your fighting abilities

* Hire a combat trainer to spar with

* Hire a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for your great hall

* Purchase an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill

Get it here!

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

awww... i originally read this as a "Free Official Obsidian Plug-in!", not Oblivion. not that my interpretation made sense, but i was hoping. :lol:

i never could get in to oblivion. the scaled combat killed it for me, damned level 20 rats.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Well, I downloaded just in case... I hate having regrets...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

i never could get in to oblivion. the scaled combat killed it for me, damned level 20 rats.

taks

Rats aren't level scaled. They are always level 1 with 4 hit points. I let my horse kill them for me.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I already played, beat and uninstalled oblvion. They said they were not coming out with any new addons. Ohwell! I loved the game, even though sometimes it felt repetitive. I wonder if they created another patch yet. anyone know? Last i remember i had a ton of bugs in my game!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

This addition had potential it really did. They could have done so much with it but they dropped the ball. There should have been quests added on to this download something to expand upon the concept but there is nothing! It is a glorified house that you don't have to buy. They should have made me go on quests for tons of things using this place, things like getting permission to field soldiers, getting lands to rule over, nearby communities have trouble with bandits and me having to use my 'soldiers' to protect things. Allowing me to have more then 4-5 troops when upwards of 7 bandits took down the castle.

So much wasted potential, it is depressing.

Rats aren't level scaled. They are always level 1 with 4 hit points. I let my horse kill them for me.

goblins then...

taks

Even with Goblins you would get the stronger version but after a while they would stop getting stronger.

What happened in Oblivion was that weaker monsters were replaced by stronger ones after a certain point. So instead of finding a wolf in front of a cave suddenly there would be a Minotaur.

i never played long enough for them to stop getting stronger.

taks

Fair enough, i liked the game enough to see it through, it was fun but it had many many flaws.

Kind of like this add on pack, good idea, nice look to it, but they could have done so much more with it.

i'm probably too biased by the D&D combat method whether TB or RT+pause - simply from extended use and abuse since the days of the gold box games. i did not like gothic's combat either, and i found it far superior to that which is implemented in oblivion/elder scrolls (though mechanically more difficult).

taks

Not that I disagree with your fundamental take on Oblivion's implementation of level-scaling, taks. If you had said instead: "Darned level 20 watermelon farmers armed with daederic longswords" I would have chuckled in agreement. A more salient example that strikes closer at some of the grotesque design flaws in Oblivion.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

scale issues didn't bother us too much. stopped playing oblivion when Gromnir realized that beyond leveling our character and gathering more 1007, there did not seem likes any real motivation to continue playing. compelling story? no. fun combat? nope. intriguing puzzles? nope. no doubt some other folks liked the oblivion story, combat and lock picking mini-game, but am embarrassed to admit that it took us 'bout 15 hours to finally figure out that it weren't Gromnir's cop o' kool-aid.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I personally enjoyed playing Oblivion when i got it. I would play for several hours, and then make a new character, play for several hours, make a new character. I loved to see the different reactions people would give me based on my race (i know it didn't happen that often but there are parts where people notice) I bought the houses, i did the quests i became the leader of the guilds. Then i beat the game.....i tried to make a new guy after that, it just didn't appeal to me any more. There are games that i can beat over and over and still enjoy, Fallout, Final Fantasy 4, Command and Conquer 3, Super Metroid, but this game i just couldn't do it. Sure the downloadable content added some life to the game but it just got boring.

Now i won't bash the game like many RPG fanatics do, i think this game does deliver a solid gaming experience, it just lacks real replay value in my opinion. I have done the beginning quests so many times that i am sick of them. I have no interest in doing the same quests as a mage as i did as a fighter, or with a different weapon.

Like i mentioned in previous posts, Oblivion is just like this newest plug in. It has great potential to be something wonderful, it has all the elements of something good. It just needed the developers to go that extra mile and they didn't.

Not that I disagree with your fundamental take on Oblivion's implementation of level-scaling, taks. If you had said instead: "Darned level 20 watermelon farmers armed with daederic longswords" I would have chuckled in agreement. A more salient example that strikes closer at some of the grotesque design flaws in Oblivion.

i gotcha... it's been so long that all i remember is that level scaling was an issue. i couldn't tell you when, or against what, that i noticed it, but i did. that was hardly my ONLY reason for disliking the game, just the one that sticks in my mind probably because plenty of people gripe about it (and i read that more than anything).

i agree with gromnir, and i probably played for 15 hours. after i did carbon copy after carbon copy of the strange gates i finally just stopped playing. :)

taks

I hated those gates with a passion. I hated fighting Clanfears with a passion. I could not fight a Clanfear without having to rest afterwards. It didn't matter if the Clanfear never saw me, he still took most of my health away. And they only got stronger?! JIMMINY CRACKHOUSE!

But, my first time playing it I did play it all the way through. I beat the main quest, I beat the thieves, I beat the brotherhood. After that, I wanted a set of glass armor. When it came to the point that every light armor wearing humanoid non-civilian in the entire game had glass armor, I just didn't know what to do anymore. And all I wanted was a helmet that nobody wore.

And even trying to replay it, I just can't shake that experience of the "end game." I can't play a game where I fight through annoying gates and clanfears just to be met with no real personal goals or achievements to strive for.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The leveled gameplay part that just bugged the heck out of me was bandits wearing daedric armor. Why were they hitting me up for 100 coins when their armor alone could have bought all of Bravil?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The leveled gameplay part that just bugged the heck out of me was bandits wearing daedric armor. Why were they hitting me up for 100 coins when their armor alone could have bought all of Bravil?

Haha, the economy in Cyrodiil is unstable to say the least.