S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Gorth

I really like this game up until the Red Forest section. Then it just gets way to combat-heavy and Rambo-ish, with the Marked One mowing through hoardes of Monolith. And even moreso depending on what you ending you're pursuing.

STALKER, to me at least, would do best in focusing on smaller and challenging battles. If we're gonna have those huge fights, then it would probably feel a bit more balanced if you had a team with your or something. It doesn't work well for me within the context of the game to have Marked One pull off amazing feats like that. STALKER still aims for a certain realism, and after the Red Forest I think the game really goes way off base.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I really like this game up until the Red Forest section. Then it just gets way to combat-heavy and Rambo-ish, with the Marked One mowing through hoardes of Monolith. And even moreso depending on what you ending you're pursuing.

STALKER, to me at least, would do best in focusing on smaller and challenging battles. If we're gonna have those huge fights, then it would probably feel a bit more balanced if you had a team with your or something. It doesn't work well for me within the context of the game to have Marked One pull off amazing feats like that. STALKER still aims for a certain realism, and after the Red Forest I think the game really goes way off base.

I agree. Red Forest was the part I liked least and the only strech of the whole game that felt like a grind. But it picks up again in Pripyat which is a blast as the difficulty really ramps up.

However, a lot of people on the GSC forums love Red Forest, so like most things its really just where you stand.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That was so ridiculously over-powered. :ermm:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, there are two "good" endings and about four of five "bad" ones..

I'm not sure I would call the 'merge with AI' a good ending considering that the zone appearantly dissapears in the longer ending and I'm not in the habit of trusting AI's when what they claim to be doing is both needlesly complex and obtuse. STALKER is deliberatley vague with both endings but something doesn't feel right.

Also you seemingly have to 'kill' it for the zone to dissapear.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I want a good ending how can i get one?! My character is kickass what should I do differently. When i go to the wishgranter and destroy the missions before the rganter comes out, it gives me a Mission failed and after the ending it sets me outside to fend for myself against all the baddies.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm not sure I would call the 'merge with AI' a good ending considering that the zone appearantly dissapears in the longer ending and I'm not in the habit of trusting AI's when what they claim to be doing is both needlesly complex and obtuse.

I agree, I think the only true good ending is the one where you kill the AI - but that and the aforementioned one are still both better than the wishgiver options, hence the "good." ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

it gives me a Mission failed and after the ending it sets me outside to fend for myself against all the baddies.

If saying no to merging with an AI rings a bell then you're on the right tack here. It is a relatively long fight but leads to the definite good ending

If not then you haven't spent enough time

discovering your past.

Edit: Totally didn't realize that I'm still in spoiler-land, hence the spoilerizing. ;)

Edited by Moatilliatta

it gives me a Mission failed and after the ending it sets me outside to fend for myself against all the baddies.

If saying no to merging with an AI rings a bell then you're on the right tack here. It is a relatively long fight but leads to the definite good ending

If not then you haven't spent enough time

discovering your past.

Edit: Totally didn't realize that I'm still in spoiler-land, hence the spoilerizing. ;)

:*

I havent even gotten to the ending then! :blush10:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'll detail how to get the stuff needed for the "proper" ending then, read at your peril:

At some point in the game the main questline splits into two. One of the new quests is the one about finding Mole which in turn will lead to finding Strelok's stash. You will then go through several quests which will end in pripyat (or whatever the northernmost city is called) at another of Strelok's group's stashes and here you will find a 'key' that will help you through a specific door.

About finding the door:

At some part when you fight your way through the inside of Chernopy NPP you will fight the Monolith in a hallway that is slightly before the wishgranter, this halways has to exits; one leads to the aformented wishgranter. The important part here is to go out the other exit and find the aforemented speciel door. If you're in doubt check you quests as one will lead you to the wishgranter and one will ask you to find the door.

That should be plenty of spoilers.

Edit: Does this make sense?

Edited by Moatilliatta

I really liked the tone of the endings in STALKER. I actually really enjoyed the "bad endings", and thought they were fitting to the rather depressing gameworld of STALKER. What I think could be done better is provide more actual choices, instead of basing a lot of the endings on "stats". I seriously had no idea what was going on when I got the "I want to be rich" ending.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The problem with the "I want to be rich" ending is that the people who get it are the ones that ignore money and get enough because STALKER like any other game with an economy where you can sell stuff ends up with more money than you know what to use it for.

I too enjoyed the wishgranter endings once I realized the idea behind them.

@Whiteteeth's Dreamfall comment

Didn't fancy an ending where practically nothing gets resolved eh? ;)

I still wonder about that one.

I loved the ending where you "make the zone disappear"

ergo, become blind and probably deaf as well

. It was so...Tarkovskian. I'd sort of like if that was the canon ending, instead of the

noo-sphere getting restored and zone disappearing

, which would mean no sequels. Partly that's because it seems to be the only "bad" ending where the main character survives and is relatively happy. No merging with crystals or becoming mad.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It was so...Tarkovskian.

More than you might think :lol:

I think the reason that many of us find them to be better is that they play on human nature instead of simply showing "You win!" movie that shows nothing and leaves you with nothing but an empty feeling. I saw Strelok returning to the old man and the dog in the 'merge ending' and thought I might at least get something related to returning home or something, instead I got nothing. :(

It was so...Tarkovskian.

More than you might think :(

Oh, make no mistake, I know. :lol:

I think the reason that many of us find them to be better is that they play on human nature instead of simply showing "You win!" movie that shows nothing and leaves you with nothing but an empty feeling. I saw Strelok returning to the old man and the dog in the 'merge ending' and thought I might at least get something related to returning home or something, instead I got nothing. :(

I know I liked the endings because they weren't about you saving the world(or even Ukraine), instead you just looking for some kind of redemption.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: