A farewell Thread

Rosbjerg

Passport, memorised card and passport numbers, pliers, mosquito net, change of socks and underwear.

Also one addition to the list - a scrim scarf. Basically a net you can use as a scarf, bag, mosquito net, fishing net, etc. If you can get one made out of silk when you are out there I'd be interested in buying.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, that silk scarf idea is pretty good. :)

Also, dental floss.

I also recommend a small quantity of washing powder, to do your smalls every night, for use in the basin of your hotel room, though you might need to keep a set of three, so that there is time for the damp set to dry whilst one is being worn (ambient humidity and wind velocity within same being critical correlates).

These days it is equally unpopular when people leave three suitcases and an articulated rucksack unsupervised in the Hauptbahnhof. Odds are the bomb squad will run away with it before a thief gets to it.

Um, I wouldn't recommend leaving ANY belongings unattended ANYWHERE (that's why travelling in pluralities gives one options) ... if they're not valuable they aren't worth taking in the first place, and if they're valuable then they will be absent when you return.

Just travel light, carry the rucksack only.

Not everyone seems to think that far ahead when planning their packing. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On the subject of theft it is never a bad plan to have decoys such as a decoy wallet. You put a small quantity of cash in here along with expired bus passes, and library cards. Use this cash as your daily working cash, and transfer other cash to this wallet as necessary IN PRIVATE. But similar principles apply to valuables in bags. I've often wondered how practical it would be to fill a camera case with bees.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*having visions of customs agents opening camera case full of bees...*

From personal experience... HANG ON TO YOUR PASSPORT!

With a bit of luck, I should get a new one in two weeks time from the local consulate. You might not be so lucky elsewhere in the world :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

nyone who tells you to 'jut have fun' is attempting to make sure you don't.

-Elwood Blues

Try the Japanese "Manhole Bag" to safeguard your belongings from thievery. When you fear someone is about to steal your items, throw down your bag and hope they don't notice it.

Remember to never accept food from anyone's left hand. Also get some tiger mace.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"errr..., Gabs says hi." ____ Schlock!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"yielding"

Wielding. *grammar nazi*

"Schlock" is pretty accurate though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That was a brain fart right there.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Remember to never accept food from anyone's left hand. Also get some tiger mace.

Good point. Nothing beats morning breath like tiger mace.

-Elwood Blues

Good luck! :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Right, I say we open a sweepstake on what limbs/organs he fails to return with.

-Elwood Blues