Brutal Legend - Tim Schafer's new project

funcroc

^ Very cool, a feature where you could choose which one, a la GTA's radio stations would be even cooler.

Driving your Deuce around in the game you have this thing in it called the "Mouth of Metal", which is basically a radio, and we let you pick which songs are playing and which songs you skip, and you can shuffle and sort the songs by genre, and you unlock new songs as you play constantly. So I think people will enjoy the soundtrack most as they play the game.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/live-bru...ew-live-q-and-a

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

:lol: Congrats on the console debut, Tim Schafer. :thumbsup:

A sad part is that I don't have a device exclusively for gaming. :( Comparing the price tags and the energy consumption of office PCs with those of gaming PCs, it may be good for me to buy a console but I play only a few games once a year... :lol:

:lol: Congrats on the console debut, Tim Schafer. :thumbsup:

A sad part is that I don't have a device exclusively for gaming. :( Comparing the price tags and the energy consumption of office PCs with those of gaming PCs, it may be good for me to buy a console but I play only a few games once a year... :lol:

Power consumption? It's miniscule compared to anything that generates heat: radiators, ovens, heating fans, water heaters, boilers, etc.

Also, Psychonauts was on the consoles.

Power consumption? It's miniscule compared to anything that generates heat: radiators, ovens, heating fans, water heaters, boilers, etc.

Yes but it is definitely increasing. Considering my daily tasks, I don't seem to need a powerful computer.

Also, Psychonauts was on the consoles.

I didn't know that since I don't check the news for console. Wiki tells me you are right...Psychonauts was on the consoles if not exclusively so.

Yes but it is definitely increasing. Considering my daily tasks, I don't seem to need a powerful computer.

There's quite a difference between the power consumption while playing Crysis/encoding video and surfing the web/word processing/idling. You can look here for some power consumption stats(it's comparing different video cards, but you should get the general idea).

I'm not saying that you should get a powerful computer, I just think that the cost would be more of an issue. :)

Off Topic

There's quite a difference between the power consumption while playing Crysis/encoding video and surfing the web/word processing/idling. You can look here for some power consumption stats(it's comparing different video cards, but you should get the general idea).

I'm not saying that you should get a powerful computer, I just think that the cost would be more of an issue. :)

Hmmm...I don't think you are wrong, either. Processors also seem to have such energy consumption/performance control such as Intel's SpeedStep technology. I definitely like my computer to be optimized for the current tasks they are performing. Having a mid range computer is in my mind at the moment but the range's CPU roadmap seems to be still in confusion and, even if Windows 7 is Windows 6.1, while Vista being Windows 6.0, it is a "new" OS.

Off Topic

Hmmm...I don't think you are wrong, either. Processors also seem to have such energy consumption/performance control such as Intel's SpeedStep technology. I definitely like my computer to be optimized for the current tasks they are performing. Having a mid range computer is in my mind at the moment but the range's CPU roadmap seems to be still in confusion and, even if Windows 7 is Windows 6.1, while Vista being Windows 6.0, it is a "new" OS.

Most games are really GPU-bound more than they are CPU-bound and since the current gen consoles are getting old in the specs department, it is also holding the games back, meaning that a mid-range GPU will run most games just fine. Windows 7 is awesome by the way, check out the beta/release candidate if you haven't already.

Most games are really GPU-bound more than they are CPU-bound and since the current gen consoles are getting old in the specs department, it is also holding the games back, meaning that a mid-range GPU will run most games just fine.

I see. Even in that case, I guess I'd better wait. I'm currently on Pen 4 and I'd like to skip Core 2 series so that I don't have to change motherboards in a hectic fashion.

Windows 7 is awesome by the way, check out the beta/release candidate if you haven't already.

Yes, I hear good things about it. XP is said to be stable because it is 5.1 while Windows 2000 5.0, so, I guess Windows 7 is tested through Vista, at least, to some extent.

Somehow it still surprises me that 15 minutes of pure genius is released and all y'all can talk about for 4 pages is marketing and the merits of a PC port.

Sorry for being off topic but I guess we talked about possible problems since we are basically happy with the news. :)

Never played those games. The only LucasArts games I have are KotOR 1 and KotOR 2.

I think I just worked out 'why Sand'

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks alright. I don't really see anything close to "genius" though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 weeks later...
New 20 minute Tim Schafer walkthrough on http://www.gametrailers.com/video/develope...al-legend/52958 or ign. Most shocking thing about this game is that Ozzy Ozbourne is... coherent?!? How did they manage to knock him out of his constant drug induced stupor?

thankyougod_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

The upgradeable hotrod looks so sweet in BL. ;) This will probably be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm kind of jealous of those who grew up on Lucasarts adventure games. I was into the Sierra games like Space Quest & Kings Quest, which were also awesome, but I missed out a bit. Also didn't play Psychonauts until quite a bit after its release, and even then it was only because you can get it free on GameTap. Really loved the humor and art style and its the best adventure platformer I've ever played.