Brutal Legend - Tim Schafer's new project

funcroc

Also the main IGN(US), IGN UK and IGN Australia all give games independent scores/reviews which leads to hilarious situations where only one of them was (probably) "compensated" and gave a game a glowing review when the others trash it pretty bad.

Edited by Purkake

I'm on my way to the Brutal Legend release party in SF, so I expect I'll be playing that tonight when I get home

hooray for being friends with the drummer of slough feg!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

hahahahaha! that was awesome. open bar, i got to meet tim schafer and he signed my old copy of grim fandango that i brought with me, my friends drum solo is featured during the first boss fight, and when you pause the game it says "drum solo by harry cantwell".

awesome. not to mention tons of free food, open bar, a huge cake with the logo on it, and free tshirt celebrating the launch! plus open bar! i need to make more friends in the industry, lawyer parties are really boring. oh yeah and there was karaoke to a live band, plus an open bar! to bring home how classy the party was, when i asked for a water on my way out to help me sober up, the (open!) bartender handed me a bottle of voss -not to mention all my martinis were sapphire.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm on my way to the Brutal Legend release party in SF, so I expect I'll be playing that tonight when I get home

hooray for being friends with the drummer of slough feg!

Total win lad \m/

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

hahahahaha! that was awesome. open bar, i got to meet tim schafer and he signed my old copy of grim fandango that i brought with me, my friends drum solo is featured during the first boss fight, and when you pause the game it says "drum solo by harry cantwell".

awesome. not to mention tons of free food, open bar, a huge cake with the logo on it, and free tshirt celebrating the launch! plus open bar! i need to make more friends in the industry, lawyer parties are really boring. oh yeah and there was karaoke to a live band, plus an open bar! to bring home how classy the party was, when i asked for a water on my way out to help me sober up, the (open!) bartender handed me a bottle of voss -not to mention all my martinis were sapphire.

I hate you with the intensity of a 1000 suns. :o

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My question is, was the bar open?

The game is great, characters are well written and dialogs are awesome. The story has couple of nice twists, but some of them are pretty predictable. The only thing is that about 75% of main missions are RTS. Be ready for that, it ruined the experience for some people who came expecting a brawler.

I'm on the last battle and loving it.

P.S. went to my local best buy today and they still had the vinyl sleeves, so I got one. It's really awesome, just like the one from the menu

post-25422-1255470300_thumb.jpg

post-25422-1255470306_thumb.jpg

post-25422-1255470312_thumb.jpg

Edited by vault_overseer

I love, LOVE the scenery in this game. Its like, as you may have heard it described in previews before, a crazy heavy metal fantasy painting come to life. Ozzy Ozbourne is ****ing hilarious in the game and is shockingly coherent. I still think they must have shot him of with adrenalin before each recording to bring him back to life because I could actually make out each word he said.

Combat is fairly straight forward at the start, but becomes more and more complex as you unlock new combos and moves. So far, I've spent most of my time just exploring the landscape and doing side quests. There are a few meh jokes in there, but many also had me laughing long after. I especially like the history orbs you can find to learn about the crazy land's past.

Cons so far:

-The pop in sucks. For scenery and such it looks like it comes in at about 100 feet ahead. I usually don't notice/care about this, but in 2009 its disappointing. I think GTA IV spoiled me.

-The side quests are repetitive. So far I've found hunting, ambushes and races against a demon which repeat themselves with little to no change in dialogue.

-The lack of jumping. Not a huge deal but it just feels weird approaching an incline that isn't very far up and not being able to hop up it.

The game is kind of like a mix of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (exploration, playing music at locations for bonuses/unlockables), Sacrifice (RTS elements) and Heavy Metal (the music of course, but also the 81 movie).

I've got it and played for about an hour. The voice work and music is amazing. So far I'm not a big fan of the game play, but I'm not a big RTS fan either (it is similar to Overlord.) I'll stick with it for awhile, I really enjoy driving the hotrod around.

I'm not in love with it like I was Batman, but I'm glad I bought it regardless, it is a unique product and I would like to see it succeed. I imagine if you are a fan of Heavy Metal then it will blow your mind.