Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

Hmmmmm... Spirits... Stays crunchy in milk...

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There aren't many intelligence related options. I'm not sure what [insight] calculates, but there are a few of those.

Mostly it's about wisdom.

In

Ashenwood

Act 2 with second evil-ish play through, it seems to be really hard to get influence with One of Many because there aren't that many opportunities... it sucks

because I need a tank and I need good influence apparently to change him into Brute.

Hrm. Maybe I need higher intelligence then.

Playing a

devour-happy character is a real strain on your meter, it really sucks because if I miss an item in Ashenwood before coming back to Mulsantir, it kills me to go back and get it.

In the Wells of Lurue, when Ujuk demands that you bring him some sentients to eat and he'll teach you something - well, who are you supposed to bring? The Farmer certainly won't talk to you after Gann's done with him....

How does "imbue item" work for a warlock? Do you just place the item and the essence in the satchel and the ability duplicates the spell you're supposed to use to enchant the item?

And on that note, how do you (further) enchant non-weapons-and-armor items? I tried to enchant rings and cloaks and it did not work.

How does "imbue item" work for a warlock? Do you just place the item and the essence in the satchel and the ability duplicates the spell you're supposed to use to enchant the item?

And on that note, how do you (further) enchant non-weapons-and-armor items? I tried to enchant rings and cloaks and it did not work.

The description for imbue item is absolutely terrible. Not because it's not descriptive, but because it seems hardly english.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The description for imbue item is absolutely terrible. Not because it's not descriptive, but because it seems hardly english.

This is a funny line. I will be honest, I don't remember much of it, but I'll take your word for it. :Cant's tongue in cheek grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's something like the Warlock "gets a 25% discount since he never meets the spell component increased CL by 3"

what?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

imbue item don't work... not at the moment. you need the appropriate item creation feats to make magic widgets with warlock imbue ability... but somehow the obsidian developers made item creation feats not selectable for warlocks...

am blaming eldar. what were he doing during all that playtesting?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This is a funny line. I will be honest, I don't remember much of it, but I'll take your word for it. :Cant's tongue in cheek grin icon:

Terrible can be GOOD if it's Engrish, though.

For great justice!

manthing2.jpg

Does Kaji get better during campaign?

He is only character in my party with rogue skills and I've encountered doors etc. he can't open. And they seem to be undestroyable too. Not even meteor storms destroy them! Gah! For example

in lower levels of Death God's vault there's this corridor (opening it will bring painful encounter with bunch of Ancient Vampires - definetly hardest fight so far. I hate epic monks and their quivering palms. No matter how I positioned my characters and how

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Uhh, I've cleared whole "dungeon" and no key. Besides, normally you get either "this door needs key" or DC is 99. Or Kaji says something like "nope can't do that"

Now it's only 40 and Kaji rolls at best 37. In other words if he had few more skill points in open lock he would be able to open the damn door.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Hmm... greater heroism affects skills as well? :brows:

I didn't know that and I'm not sure if she has the spell. If not I'll get it with next level up (with fireball for crafting purposes. Epic wizard and no fireball spell. Tsk tsk. What was she thinking before I started to control her level ups. ).

Curious, though, I don't remember any doors I couldn't open in my first playthrough in that place, and I was in the situation. If I'm right about the doors you talk about, they definitely only open later in the game (

it's the one where opening them spawns some vampires behind you right?

).

I didn't know about the Greater Heroism trick though, it's nice since

Kaji can't use thieves' tools.

At least the traps are all crap and negligible. Traps on the whole in every NWN game were never worth bothering about, for me.

BG Traps were where it's at, Tree of Life Irenicus would be down to Badly Wounded and you could kill Abazigal's son (dragon form) in three rounds with the Epic traps.

Time Stop Trap + Assassination!

Ah, traps and Gangaxx...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's Kangaxx.

And I'm awesome because I remember this, not pathetic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

am blaming eldar. what were he doing during all that playtesting?

HA! Good Fun!

Hehe I was asleep at the switch.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That's Kangaxx.

And I'm awesome because I remember this, not pathetic.

I bow before your superior...talents of recollection. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds