Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

Controlling just one DnD character is fine if you are playing with friends as in PnP or in multiplayer, but when you're playing alone with a retarded DM, you need the extra characters to keep things interesting. There's only so much a person can do with a DnD character that essentially plays the game by itself.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN1's gameplay is still horrid - there's no words for how horrible radial menus felt when I first played NWN1.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I refuse to play a caster in NWN 1. You can't get me to do it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

At least you have more to do as a caster than as a fighter.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

At least you have more to do as a caster than as a fighter.

Yeah, like reorganize my hotbars:

1) Everytime I level.

2) Everytime I want to fight something different than I just fought.

Because I'm not using that radial menu, gawdangit.

Not to forget NWN1 has pitiful amount of them.

ONE

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Thats not much better in MoTB, there are so many spells at those levels that the bottom bar is useless, it's annoying to hav e to flip through 4 or 5 bars as well, so you are pretty much stuck with the quickcast, which is fine once you get used to having yet another bar cluttering up the HUD.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It has more than one. Only one on the screen at a time, I'll give you. But, Star Wars Galaxies taught me how to switch between different hotbars like that quickly and effectively.

which is fine once you get used to having yet another bar cluttering up the HUD.

It's more than "fine," it's simply better.

Edited by Tale

It has more than one. Only one on the screen at a time, I'll give you. But, Star Wars Galaxies taught me how to switch between different hotbars like that quickly and effectively.

which is fine once you get used to having yet another bar cluttering up the HUD.

It's more than "fine," it's simply better.

Yeah, in NWN2 you can have multiple hotbars on screen which is quite a improvement, although I don't use that ability (mainly because of resolution) it's very useful for many. Also, how many hotbars NWN1 had? There was more than one, but was there 10?

Not to mention Quick Spell menu etc. are very useful.

Reading the official forums, I find myself reinvigorated to make my module. I see a few posts from people who are just so desperately saddened by Bishop's plight and their inability to save and redeem the worthless idiot. This was a theme I wanted to touch on in my module.

Here's the plan. You'd eventually come across an evil sadistic ****. He'd be forced on the group for either a token small time or he'd never be forced on the group. You could "redeem" him, make him turn away from his evil deeds. After a short period if you choose this path, he starts to be punished by his old vengeful and very angry evil god. A plan is presented to the player! What if you get him to accept a new good god to protect him from the old evil one? So, you enact the help of the local Paladin who reluctantly plays along. The Paladin puts in a good word with his church who takes the former evil guy in. A short time passes and the former evil guy is kicked out of the church on his butt for trying to defile some nuns, the Paladin is kicked out of his order for his association with the evil guy, and the evil guy is still tortured by his old god until either he goes on a killing spree and returns to his old god or dies from the torture.. The Paladin ends up becoming Chaotic Good and bitter for the rest of the game.

The moral of that sidequest? He's evil, you moron. What did you think would happen? That he'd change his ways and gain newfound respect for life and people with a good pep talk?

Yeah. reading official forums is great way to gather blood pressure.

BAAAWWW WHY ELVES ARE SO UGLY THIS IS WORST GAME EVER BAAWWW WHY CAN'T I GET ELANEE NEESHKA AND SAND AND ALL THE OTHERS BAAAWWW THSI GAME IS SUCKAGE ITS TOO HARD

Do you think designing a module around pissing those players off is a good idea?

Y / N

I wasn't asked, but I feel it my duty to transmit this input which you are sure to find, I expect, invigorating and useful:

Y

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, if I'd written Mask, the 100 influence ending for Safiya would have featured you coming home one day to find her in bed with Khelgar. That's just how I role.

Edited by Tale

NWN2 is based on NWN1.

Then I shudder to think how and why they managed to make Aurora look so much like the KotOR core, and why all the emotions, animations etc. are all gone or made worse. After all, noone would deliberately worsen the animations and make a game much more hardware-demanding if they reused an old engine for a new game.

N.

Edited by Nightblade

I find the animations to be drastically better than NWN1. Spell effects are lacking in some regards. NWN1 Weird was fantastic. Magic Missle looks much nicer now, though.

is obsidian gonna patch this freaking game 'fore Christmas? for chrissakes, how long we gotta wait for some basic fixes?

oh, and while we know that it gots 0 chance o' ever becoming reality ('least not til josh gets a chance to work on bg3,) given that obsidian is taking a months kinda approach to fixing motb, maybe they could add fixed domain spell lists and functionality for clerics. is embarrassing that iwd2 did a far better job with 3e domains than does motb. josh mentioned that this were something that might (unlikely) be addressed in a patch, and as wait for patch has become a task fit for Job, am figuring that maybe obsidian throws in a bone to make seem likes more than simple bug fixing. opportunity to improve rather than simply fix.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

just 'cause you didn't have (or didn't notice) problems, don't mean they weren't in game.

various bonuses not stack right (though if you not know rules you probably not notice.) more than some spell durations is wrong. is more than a few game killing bugs experienced by more than a few people. warlock gets imbue item ability, but can't take item creation feats. favored soul dcs seems to be chr based 'stead of wisdom. warpriests can't gain divine casting levels? characters getting access to too many epic spells... or not 'nuff. ctds. etc.

chances is you suffered many data entry kinda bugs and simply didn't realize. wrong babs and wrong saves and wrong dcs? you not know rules and you probably not even realize.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Attention. This thread is archiving. BEEEP BEEEEP.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.