Llyranor

Which game will I love?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will I love? Huh?

• Morrowind: Tribunal
    • Morrowind: Bloodmoon
    • Oblivion: Shivered Isles
    • Oblivion: Horse Armor

Help me, Obs, I need help deciding which game is right for me. As you may or may not know, I thoroughly dislike the Elder Scrolls games. I've only played Morrowind and Oblivion, though, so it's a fairly narrow view on the franchise. Even though I've consistently bashed the games on numerous occasions, I feel as though perhaps there is some redeeming value to me. Millions of people can't be wrong, after all!

For this reason, I've decided to keep an open mind and broaden my horizons! I've decided to go out and purchase and try out one of the many expansion packs for these games, to see if I can try to get back into them. I've created a poll so as to decide which one will be best for me? I want to know which one has the best value for me! I hope I change my mind on the ES series :thumbsup: I may end up disliking these new games and posting on numerous (unrelated) threads about them, but I'll never know without at least giving them a chance, right?

Thanks, guys!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The secret when you're not sure if you'll like something is to buy two copies. Double the money, double the fun!

Forget horse armour and leave the horses at home. Instead, you can work on your running and jumping skills. Cyrodil was designed to be skipped through.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This sounds like Hades when he was trying to broaden his horizons by playing FPS's..

Next thread by Llyranor will be named "Why I'm quitting gaming FOREVAH!!1!".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Actually Shivering Isle is a very imaginitive quest line with excellent puzzles.

I wouldn't say excellent puzzles, but it is the best Elder Scrolls thing since Redguard.

The difficulty isn't insane anymore, so you don't have to metagame the **** out of the system, the story pulls you in, it's visually imaginative, engrossingly crafted and the few characters that are built upon are about a hundred times more interesting than the sorry sods in Oblivion.

Yes, it doesn't do away with some of the flaws in the main game, but the additions fortunately overshadow them.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually Shivering Isle is a very imaginitive quest line with excellent puzzles.

I wouldn't say excellent puzzles, but it is the best Elder Scrolls thing since Redguard.

The difficulty isn't insane anymore, so you don't have to metagame the **** out of the system, the story pulls you in, it's visually imaginative, engrossingly crafted and the few characters that are built upon are about a hundred times more interesting than the sorry sods in Oblivion.

Yes, it doesn't do away with some of the flaws in the main game, but the additions fortunately overshadow them.

You're right, I think I mean the puzzles were more engaging than excellent. They definitely didd a better job with character development.

I don't get the whole re-envisioning comment. Bethesda has always made their RPG's a certain way, going back to Arena and Daggerfall. They aren't some newbie trying to change the world of RPG's, they've been around a long time and they keep doing what has brought them success. Just because it isn't a formula that you appreciate doesn't mean it's some evil company.

...they keep doing what has brought them success.

You are indeed correct.

they've been around a long time...

No actually, most of the people that developed Arena and Daggerfall...and Morrowind have left.. out of disgust with Bethesda/Zenimax. ( i.e. the Lead designer of Morrowind).

Edited by Jaesun

"re-envisioning" of the RPG (Really Pretty Graphics)

It's not as if they're even that pretty, really. I found NWN2 to be much more visually satisfying than Oblivion.

Thinking about Oblivion makes me hungry:

green%20pea%20soup.JPG

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)