Mask o' the Betrayer!

Pop

So, I suppose, if you're going to talk 'bout MOTB, do so here. I ain't gonna link the old thread 'cause really, there are three threads in this section, you can find it yourself.

But, my previous request stands:

So why doesn't somebody just lay out all the extra crap for us, character-wise (PrCs, feats, etc.)? I've only got bits and pieces.

Edited by Pop

Too lazy to copy & paste the previous thread's posts here (since putting it in that quote thing didn't quite work), but I have to love the fact that Gromnir is using short quotes from old posts of mine discussing an entirely different game set in an entirely different setting to prove his point about me not liking ANY game that's not realistic. Grasping at straws, are we? I'll still call you a liar about that though. I mean, no matter how much you're arguing your point, it's kind of useless since you're trying to convince me what I like or not? You don't see the futility in that? Just stop trying to put words in other people's mouths (posts?) and you'll be OK.

Feel free to pull small quotes out of context to "win" your straw-man argument, but the small quote you're so feverishly hanging on to was for a specific thread for a specific type of game. Feel free to interpret it any way you want, it doesn't really change a thing. A game set in a realistic setting, using real life events as a basis for its story and then resorts to "magic" to solve some inconsistencies.. Yes, that's what I call a failed story. Or a cop-out. Or an easy way out. No matter what I call it though, the point is that I don't like it. Just as I don't like meta-gaming by sitting with a bunch of rule books and predetermine the path my character will take once I get into the game in question in a few hours. I still find it funny that you can't even admit that you're meta-gaming and accuse ME of not role-playing because I don't like to sit and count dice. But hey, keep twisting it into a conversation about STALKER instead. I'm sure that suits your weird purpose much better since I'm not very interested in getting into that month old discussion again.

I guess the big question for me, regarding this expansion, is whether it is possible to like it despite not being interested one iota in learning the rules? Since lots of people are saying it's more difficult than the OC maybe my light-handed approach to character building will make this game impossible to play? I've noticed that the combat in the OC has gotten a bit more challenging lately as my character seems to lack a magic (sigh) defense altogether.. I'm suspecting it won't get any better with heroic (was that what they were called?) levels.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Big Bottom said:

*pictures Gromnir addressing the court in character*

as i recall, he has described himself as a short, stocky, american indian, if that adds to your visualization.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Big Bottom said:
*pictures Gromnir addressing the court in character*

as i recall, he has described himself as a short, stocky, american indian, if that adds to your visualization.

taks

an ambulatory fire hydrant... short, red and solid.

but no, Gromnir does not "HA! Good Fun!" with clients or judges... and only rarely with other attorneys. am slightly embarrassed to admit that we occasionally does take advantage o' the physical intimidation factor we got going for us. most white collar folks not know how to react to scary minorities with big pipes and a bad attitude.

as for responding to mk...

*shrug*

is it worth continuing at this point? more would be kinda like kicking a crippled dog.... but should we feel bad for having crippled the dog in the first place? nope.

pop's initial query 'bout some source for all the new changes...

2 places we seen...

http://nwvault.ign.com/faq/

and lurchman's site at: http://www.thieves-guild.net/

both gots pretty good faqs for most of new stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just got the game, my copy of MOTB is completely ****ed up.... Ive had this strange pixellation thing going on with the characters and placeables:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3545/nw...07184231gq0.jpg

(notice the wolf - it gets really bad in cities and indoors where pretty much everything looks like that)

Not only that, I just got to the second area, and it seems that some graphics are missing, since I see bright red blocks instead of what should be bridges:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7226/nw...07091121rd9.jpg

Not only that, the game crashes at startup three out of four times, and occassionally, when I load the game, all I see is a black screen with some spell effects.

As I asked in the old thread, has anyone tried to play as a Sacred Fist and what are your impressions of it?

I wanted to try it out, but when i noticed that i have to have my lore skill at 8(i completely forgot about when i multiclassed as a cleric), i decided to continue as epic monk.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That card is supported by NWN2?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The card is supposedly supported by NWN2. Ive tried all the texture settings, but to no avail... I cant turn on any shadows, either with NWN2 or MOTB, which is odd, as before I reformatted my laptop, I was able to turn on character shadows, but not environmental ones in NWN2.

I just reinstalled the whole thing to see if it was an error during installation. This time, I installed MOTB over version 1.0 of NWN2 instead of upgrading to 1.10 first. NWN2 without MOTB looked fine, but once I installed MOTB, the problem with the pixellation started.

That's really strange. It's possible that it's a faulty disc (hey, stranger things have happened). But what I'd do is send a PM to Rob McGinnis. If it's a bug or something he'll jot it down to be fixed, and maybe he could give you some advice on what to do in the meantime.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I was thinking about a rerun with Favored soul/monk/sacred fist. Unfortunately for some reason favored soul didn't get the option to pick combat casting, which is needed for sacred fist. Feat props say that prequisite is 1+ spellcaster level, so I'm positive it's a bug.

Class does seem interesting though. It's basically more melee combat oriented cleric, with some monk specialties. Only problem for me was to choose how many levels of monk to take to get fancy specials. Monk relies much on those special abilities, so it's a hard call ;_;

Oh and, A++ and well done Obsidian.

Spirit Shaman is ****ing cool. I guess it'll become part of my favorite builds (rogue/fighters/, bard/fighters/, wizards and wizard/rogues). I'm playing game as Aasimar 4 Fighter/16 Spirit Shaman (I just automatically clicked 20 on Volo's hero creation not remembering class adjustment of aasimars which means I have 1 level too powerful character, but IMO I've yet to see this extra level to ruin difficulty - I don't think it has much any actual impact).

I've never liked Druids (Spirit Shamans have same spell list), but somehow spirit shaman is simply awesome. Maybe it's all the other stuff related to class. Heck, this might become my favorite DnD class o:)

Also, narrator is great. And writing is superb. Etc. etc. etc.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm currently replaying the game with a more evil approach, there are some rather nice bits for an evil PC. One-of-Many is certainly quite a unique character, haha. Disgusting and creepy. I wish there was a way to get to know more of the different "personalities" within it.

Sending the Shou people to the Hill trible was also deliciously evil.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I didn't have a cleric, but everytime I tried to use Kaelyn's turn undead on a single dread wraith, the result was "Too many hit dice to turn bla bla". So you can expect it to be pretty useless.

Damn. I was afraid of that. Oh well. :grin: