President Ahmadinejad's Speech at Columbia University

Yuusha

"But he wants to go NUCLEAR..."

Good!!! It's about time a Muslim country goes nuclear!!! I've always wanted to say: "Shut the hell up or I'll nuke your ass back to the stone age!"

Ummm its already happened. Pakistan has them. But seriously, can you imagine what the repercussions would be if Iran were to develop nuclear weapons, then give one to a terrorist group and they detonated it in a western country? I'm staying out of the rhetoric of this discussion, but I'd like you to follow that thought to it's logical conclusion. Uranium 235 and 238 and Plutonium can be tracked to the reactor that created them by measuring isotope decay rate. If such a thing were to happen it would be a simple matter of time to determine where the material came from. Iran (or any country) would be unable to deny it's complicity in such an event. What do you think the response would be?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of bull****. Ahmadinejad is the height of hypocrisy. He comes over here and speakes of peace and loving the Jews and 'all the people of the world', then returns home and speaks with his fellows of wiping Israel and the U.S. off the face of the map. Ahmadinejad may in fact be part of a doomsday belief, attempting to inflame the world in war to bring about a 'second coming'.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=52071

I certainly don't agree with all of Bush's decisions, but comparing him with Ahmadinejad truly shows your own ignorance.

:thumbsup:

Ahmadinejad has a secret agenda of inflaming the world into a global conflict that will inflict doom on all the world?

Prozac anyone? :)

Bush is the slime who started a war that resulted in tens of thousands of deaths, suffering of hundreds of thousands of people...F*CK YEAH I'M GOING TO COMPARE THE TWO.

Should the Jewish state be in the Middle East is an irelevant question. It is there. It is fact. Its not going to change. Period. Was it right of the US and its allies to place Israel where it did, taking the lands of those who were living there at the time? No, but then again it is irrelevant now. Isreal is there. It is not going away. When the Arab nations accept Israel's existence as a fact, when the Arab nations, such as Iran, acknowledges Israel's right to exist and acts of terrorism stop then there might be peace.

The President of Iran wants to destroy Israel. Kill every Israeli citizen, and wipe it out of existence. That is not the path of peace. The true path of peace and wisdom is to accept what cannot be changed, and change for the better on things that can. Israel is not going anywhere. It is there to stay. The arab nations need to learn to accept it or never know peace. It is up to them.

That's an odd stance for you, considering you think anyone in the US illegally deserves imprisonment, irregardless of children or how establishe they are.

And since Hitler is so polular in rethorics lately (lol) they`ll probably note (and laugh/be desmayed) that the gullable populus for the most part, much like in the 1920-30s, believed the cheap rethorics and resonings cloaking the motives in the "background"...

I agree with much you've said, but have to intervene here: Hitler did not really cloak his motives. According to newspapers from the 1920ies I read a few days ago, people at that time were very nationalistic and antisemitic indeed, so they were ready, no, eager, to fight all those "lesser beings" in other countries and jews in their own country long before Hitler rose to power. He just made the majorities wishes come true, as was the case with the first world war.

And reading through todays newspaper you can find "patriotism" (nationalism) with fobias and anti islamic (jewish) sentiment, ever more restrictive legislation and people are all to eager to "fight for security of domestic soil on foreign grownd, kill the terrorists" (fight the jews and the enemies) etc etc... Hitler talked about lebensraum the security/unity of German nation and they followed, what he kept secrat was his final solution. Today they talk of spreading "freedom and democracy and security" and hold back on the fat deals and interests that drive it all... It`s not quite the same yet in my eyes the modus operandi is virtually the same. Fly high the stars and stripes, "they`re a threath to your children"! It `s scarry lol...

1. You treat Mr. Ahmadinejad as he has some moral superiority, when he clearly hasn't, why?

2. They usually collateral damage. True, the israeli army can be more hellbent than usual, but if you start killing jews left and right, where is the justice in that? Will justice for the palestinian people come out of blood of the jews? You do realize that the palestinians are no more than proxies for the Syrian and Iranian governments in order to destroy Israel, they do not care about the palestinians, they do not care one single silch.

3. Do you realize how close the USSR and the USA were to nuke this planet from orbit back in the cold war? + Give to people who think that they somehow are following god's will and sure, things will become nice and dandy indeed :thumbsup:

Indesputable fact of life is that the unsolved Palestinian question is THE main root of islamic extremism. Period. And it will remain so as long as Palestinians do not get a sovern state. Irans as factor of fueling such extremism is way down on the list, well behind the top 2 (palestinian "occupation" and western presence/interferance to usher in cooporative regiemes). The sooner certain ppl realise that the better. Thoe my bet is they do realise it but don`t give a toss as the current atmosphere of fear induced by it is probbably every executive branches wet dream come true lol... In comes the restrictive legislation, if you`re agains you`re against security, against your childrens safety! hehe...

3. Invoking religion as the main bassis for who should and should not be privy to nuclear weapons is a wee bit silly considering US seem to invoke God in every other paragraph and G.W. kicked off the (hugelly sucessfull) "war on terror" by saying "We will conduct a crusade" :) The biggest nuclear threat atm is the ballistic shield that just "happens" to cover Russia hehe... In the day and age when west is starting to seriously rock the boat of strategic ballance the main focuss of PR seems to be on Iran and his program that could provide results in 10 odd years and for wich they dont have a partuculary effective means of delivery... And in the meantime the Russians are being "forced" to retarget Europe with 100s of warheads and restart bomber patrols... If our grand grand grand grand children get to read about this in their history books they`ll be laughing their arses of heh... Now however, it`s still tragicomical.

Edited by Brdavs

That's an odd stance for you, considering you think anyone in the US illegally deserves imprisonment, irregardless of children or how establishe they are.

No, they do not deserve imprisonment, they deserve deportation. I believe in following the law, doing as the law states, and if you get caught breaking the law then you deserve punishment. If you don't like the law you work on changing the law. One does not have the right to pick and choose what laws he or she obeys or not obey. However, my views on law and punishment is not the topic here.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

1. You treat Mr. Ahmadinejad as he has some moral superiority, when he clearly hasn't, why?

2. They usually collateral damage. True, the israeli army can be more hellbent than usual, but if you start killing jews left and right, where is the justice in that? Will justice for the palestinian people come out of blood of the jews? You do realize that the palestinians are no more than proxies for the Syrian and Iranian governments in order to destroy Israel, they do not care about the palestinians, they do not care one single silch.

3. Do you realize how close the USSR and the USA were to nuke this planet from orbit back in the cold war? + Give to people who think that they somehow are following god's will and sure, things will become nice and dandy indeed :thumbsup:

1 & 2. Well, you have your indoctrinations and I have mine. Besides, he kinda reminds me of Salahudin.

3. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha........ As if the US isn't doing it already..... :):lol: :lol:

coexistreflection.gif

No, they do not deserve imprisonment, they deserve deportation. I believe in following the law, doing as the law states, and if you get caught breaking the law then you deserve punishment. If you don't like the law you work on changing the law. One does not have the right to pick and choose what laws he or she obeys or not obey. However, my views on law and punishment is not the topic here.

Ummm no, but your double standard IS.

coexistreflection.gif

:thumbsup:

Ahmadinejad has a secret agenda of inflaming the world into a global conflict that will inflict doom on all the world?

Prozac anyone? :)

Bush is the slime who started a war that resulted in tens of thousands of deaths, suffering of hundreds of thousands of people...F*CK YEAH I'M GOING TO COMPARE THE TWO.

Comparing the two is valid, because the President of the US is as loved by his people as the Presdient of Iran is loved by his own people. HA!

I will always despise terrorists and thusly I will despise any leadership that uses such tactics. Iran uses terrorist tactics, supports terrorism. Iranian government should be destroyed. Bush onthe other hand is a liar, used false intelligence and scaremongering to get convince Congress to go to war in Iraq. I will never vote Republican again because of Bush and Bush's tactics, nor will I vote Republican ever again due to the leadership they tend to place in high reaches in government.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Ummm no, but your double standard IS.

I don't have a double standard. My view has always been constant. Israel has the right to exist because it has the might to do so. I also beleive that it no longer needs the support of the US and I would like to see our funding and giving of resources to the country diminished. If Israel is meant to stand then it should stand on its own two feet. If it cannot then it deserves to fall. Same with the Palestanians. If the Palestanians are a strong people, form a strong central government then they deserve to stand as a nation however it has been proven that they cannot due to the splitting of Hamas and Fatah. The Palestanians failed when they had the opportunity to unified therefore they deserve to fall. Same with Iraq. I am all for the rwithdrawal of all our troops except for securing the borders. This way the Iraqis can choose their fate without interference from us or other countries. If Iraq is strong then it will stand. If not, it will fall as it should.

-I believe in freedom of speech, of course. The problem is that we will hear his words different from his home country. They are going to twist his speech around and use it as ammunition and propaganda in Iran. Columbia University, in its arrogance, thought it could take on the big-bad dictator all on its own. In the U.S. we look on the openning speech and thing 'yeah, take that you nasty jerk!', but in many Muslim countries they will spin it. 'Look how rude the infadel pigs were!'. Just look at Yuusha, Ahmadinejad practically admitting his genocide of homosexuals and the topic seems to be the 'rude university'.

-Ahmadinejad's apocalytpic beliefs are not some hidden conspiracy. He is speaking OPENLY about it, similar to Hitler. Listen to his freaking words in his home country and then when he speaks over here. Hell, listen to him in the U.N., where he shouldn't even be allowed.

This is literally like a Mafia boss speaking in front of the media, 'Who, me in the Mafia? There is no Mafia!', yet we have bugs in his house 'Scorleone sleeps with the fishes, next we're going to whipe out the Sorelis', and we just ignore it.

Also, its nice that everyone ignores his genocide of homosexuals and instead speaks of big old nasty Bush. Or is this just another one of my crazy conspiracy theories? :thumbsup:

Maybe Yuusha and Hildegard feel they should be hanged. :)

Also, Yuusha, do you have anything to actually add... or do you just like stirring the pot? Either you quote this a$$hole directly, or use 'No, you!', 'U.S. sucks!' statements. Its like arguing with a 5 year old.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

-I believe in freedom of speech, of course. The problem is that we will hear his words different from his home country. They are going to twist his speech around and use it as ammunition and propaganda in Iran. Columbia University, in its arrogance, thought it could take on the big-bad dictator all on its own. In the U.S. we look on the openning speech and thing 'yeah, take that you nasty jerk!', but in many Muslim countries they will spin it. 'Look how rude the infadel pigs were!'. Just look at Yuusha, Ahmadinejad practically admitting his genocide of homosexuals and the topic seems to be the 'rude university'.

-Ahmadinejad's apocalytpic beliefs are not some hidden conspiracy. He is speaking OPENLY about it, similar to Hitler. Listen to his freaking words in his home country and then when he speaks over here. Hell, listen to him in the U.N., where he shouldn't even be allowed.

This is literally like a Mafia boss speaking in front of the media, 'Who, me in the Mafia? There is no Mafia!', yet we have bugs in his house 'Scorleone sleeps with the fishes, next we're going to whipe out the Sorelis', and we just ignore it.

Also, its nice that everyone ignores his genocide of homosexuals and instead speaks of big old nasty Bush. Or is this just another one of my crazy conspiracy theories? :thumbsup:

Maybe Yuusha and Hildegard feel they should be hanged. :)

Also, Yuusha, do you have anything to actually add... or do you just like stirring the pot? Either you quote this a$$hole directly, or use 'No, you!', 'U.S. sucks!' statements. Its like arguing with a 5 year old.

I just like stirring the pot. Hehehe....

Seriously, for some reason GDM I find your posts to be the most... I dunno... boring I guess. I honestly feel kinda bored and uninterested in what you have to say no matter how 'provocative' they might be.

coexistreflection.gif

1 & 2. Well, you have your indoctrinations and I have mine. Besides, he kinda reminds me of Salahudin.

3. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha........ As if the US isn't doing it already..... :):lol: :lol:

Stop talking like that and behave like an adult if you want to be taken seriously. Argue with manner and with intellect and people will answer accordingly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When did the revolution become so retarded? Seriously Yuusha, you make those who actually have issues with the way world politics play out look ignorant and disinterested in the truth. You do more damage to the call for change then anything the opposition could.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Also, its nice that everyone ignores his genocide of homosexuals and instead speaks of big old nasty Bush. Or is this just another one of my crazy conspiracy theories? :)

Ask yourself why all we`ve been hearing is about the remark homosexuals now turned into genocide of homosexuals with everything else on the table. What did he say about US military involment in Iraq and the region? About the civil war in Iraq? About his nuclear desires? About the threats with war to his state? Lol none of that matters much right, its the ommosexuals remark that gets the CNN headlines lol! If you lot would be any more "openminded" you could shut off your brain and just relly on your cerebellum to get you through life... missdirection at its finest heh... what, we`re gonna bomb Vatican city next if this is what *really* matters? :lol:

@Whoever had the bright idea of barring him from the UN: The country that flipped its middle finger the most at the UN and internationall law/community (time and time and time again) is none other than the land of the free lol... Just to make that clear, if we`re looking at who morally "deserves" to be there heh...

Edited by Brdavs

Guest The Architect

Who in their right mind would support a hypocritical, homophobic, holocaust denying, ****-talking person like President Ahmadinejad? Ah yes, I know who. An Indonesian hippy who laughs at their own jokes that nobody else finds funny. Sound familiar?

Also, its nice that everyone ignores his genocide of homosexuals and instead speaks of big old nasty Bush. Or is this just another one of my crazy conspiracy theories? :)

Ask yourself why all we`ve been hearing is about the remark homosexuals now turned into genocide of homosexuals with everything else on the table. What did he say about US military involment in Iraq and the region? About the civil war in Iraq? About his nuclear desires? About the threats with war to his state? Lol none of that matters much right, its the ommosexuals remark that gets the CNN headlines lol! If you lot would be any more "openminded" you could shut off your brain and just relly on your cerebellum to get you through life... missdirection at its finest heh... what, we`re gonna bomb Vatican city next if this is what *really* matters? :lol:

@Whoever had the bright idea of barring him from the UN: The country that flipped its middle finger the most at the UN and internationall law/community (time and time and time again) is none other than the land of the free lol... Just to make that clear, if we`re looking at who morally "deserves" to be there heh...

We're hearing it because its the most out there in your face view into his countries bigotry, genocide and danger to the rest of the world. What the hell does the Vatican have to do with this?? Oh, because they condemn homosexuality? There is a huge freaking difference between disagreeing with a 'life-style' and murdering them for it. Do you honestly believe the man? There are no homosexuals in Iran? Why do you think that is huh? Either he is ignorant of his own countries populace, or, gasp, his country kills them and homosexuals must either flee the country (which I've seen interviews of) or they are hanged.

It amazes me the vileness coming straight from the horses mouth, and people are ignoring it.

We're hearing it because its the most out there in your face view into his countries bigotry, genocide and danger to the rest of the world. What the hell does the Vatican have to do with this?? Oh, because they condemn homosexuality? There is a huge freaking difference between disagreeing with a 'life-style' and murdering them for it. Do you honestly believe the man? There are no homosexuals in Iran? Why do you think that is huh? Either he is ignorant of his own countries populace, or, gasp, his country kills them and homosexuals must either flee the country (which I've seen interviews of) or they are hanged.

It amazes me the vileness coming straight from the horses mouth, and people are ignoring it.

Or they are quiet about it like some catholic priests when pope starts going on about it lol... The point is it imvho thakes a wee bit more to go blow things/people up than different views...

It amazes me that after the Iraq episode the same turn of events seems to be unfolding with Iran and people ignore it, heck, they cry out for blood. Except for arguably even more BS reasons, like questioning homosexuality and scope of nazi genocide... you gotta be kidding me? You`d actually support war for that? For 1 mans radical statements and views? Christ, the funny thing is I`ve heard worse **** on republican conventions :shifty: Isn`t one bloodbath we can`t see ourself out of enough for you lol???

Ah but then there is oil and regional stability of puppet regiemes...

Or they are quiet about it like some catholic priests when pope starts going on about it lol... The point is it imvho thakes a wee bit more to go blow things/people up than different views...

It amazes me that after the Iraq episode the same turn of events seems to be unfolding with Iran and people ignore it, heck, they cry out for blood. Except for arguably even more BS reasons, like questioning homosexuality and scope of nazi genocide... you gotta be kidding me? You`d actually support war for that? For 1 mans radical statements and views? Christ, the funny thing is I`ve heard worse **** on republican conventions :shifty: Isn`t one bloodbath we can`t see ourself out of enough for you lol???

Ah but then there is oil and regional stability of puppet regiemes...

First of all, I'm not calling for war with Iran. Also, we aren't talking about 'different views'. A different view would be Ahmadinejad coming out and condemning homosexuals. Big difference between condemning/denying the existence of homosexuals and murdering them. That isn't a 'different' view'. Unless all the Iranian homosexuals who have fled the country under threat of death are lying and those photos/videos of homesexual executions are faked. Nah, there are no homosexuals in Iran!

You keep talking like Americans WANT a war with Iran. What Americans (well, atleast myself) are afraid of is this lunatic aquiring nuclear weapons and starting his own world war. I'd rather see Israel handle this situation for once. Actually, I'd REALLY like to see the Iranian public stand up and handle their own situation.

Iran is getting nukes, and there ain't a thing to be done about it. There simply isen't support for an invasion to stop it, and there won't be after the election either.

That being said I think we can be quite confident that the Iranian military aren't going to hand any of them over to al kaida (Will I ever learn to spell that). Nukes are the best bargaining chip in the world for 'rogue' states, unless they actually start using them.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You`d really like to see Iranians revolting themselves? And lets say if they don`t... you`d support another western, or better yet Israeli, intervention in the name of high ideals heh? Excellent. Only problem is one cannot force "enlightenment" to another, I would have thought Iraq made that obvious heh...

Tell me, GreasyDogMeat, what is the difference between Ahmadinejad of Iran and Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan that Iran is in such desperate need of our bombs and democracy on the tip of our missles (democracy that btw means squat listening to sen. Clinton&co that get to call for te removal of a "democratic" government on the bassis it does not meet the standard set to it by the congress - big lol at that, we`ll drive in with tanks for the sake of democracy and when it no longer suits us we`ll bring it down.. why am I surprised, it`s been done many times before, the supported bacame enemies and vice versa heh)?

NONE whatsoever, except that Pervez serves the interest of the US and keeps his mouth shut not to get ousted by them lol...

Radicalisation of Pakistan society? Check. Extreme elements? Check. Religious Sheriat law stonage of homosexuals? Check. Autoritarism of Perezes regieme? Check and double check. Nuclear weapons? Check. Danger of it falling to radical elements as Pervezess position grows ever more incertain? Check.

This overhyped Iran starting world war/genocide fear fixation is getting silly lol... They`ll do some crazy stuff, like the devil/maniac Kim Il-sung did, right? Newsflash, it`s as Gorgon said. It`s the ultimate bargain chip. NK got food and security assurances and Iran will try to trade it for not being pushed around by Israel/west anymore... The fear is Israel may loose its monopoly in that aspect (superiority they def. keep heh) and may one day actually have to relinquish some of its occupied teritories through more even negotiations as it won`t be able to rely on the fact they can blow all their neighbours up without a scratch... not that Iran will go on a holly war against the west lol...

Keep it real ppl :) There are plenty plenty issues to sove on their own well be4 Iran succeds, and once they are solved a large part of the problems plaguing middle east and todays world will go away.. including the uberfobia of nuclear Iran...

Edited by Brdavs

Actually Gorgon and Brdavs my biggest fear is that an Iranian nuke will be given to a terroist group. Iran as a nation state would never initiate such an attack. But by using terrorists as a delivery vehicle they may think to hurt an enemy and give them deniability. Of course we know that is not the case, but that is a rational thought. And as Alexander Haig once said "I am not afraid or rational men. It's the irrational ones you need to watch out for". Ahmadinejad at his best is a demagogue. Let us hope he is not a fool. Or let us at least hope the mullahs who hold his strings are not fools. A nuclear attack on a US city will almost certainly elicit a nuclear response on the nation that gave the terrorsts the weapon to begin with.

Besides, I doubt even the most hard core America haters on this board want to see 100,000 to 200,000 innocent American people vaporised. And no one wants to see what comes after.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell