WOOHOOO! 1.10 Patch for NWN2 is up!

Sand

oh, and btw, is absence of crafting feats for warlocks post 1.10 an accident or intentional?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Intentional. Patch 1.10 was pretty much retooled to make sure that people who have NWN2 but not MotB can still interact online with those who have MotB. 1.11 is to have the major coded fixes that was originally slated for 1.07.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It gets really crazy when you have Sand, Qara, and Elanee in the party, with your own mage, and all of them cast summon monster spells.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I only do that if I am bored or in a hurry. Qara with her fireball and my character with his Scintilating Sphere. Fire and lightning blasting baddies to bits! Too bad NWN2 doesn't have a physics engine put into it. LET THE BODIES FLY!

I read a thread on RPGCodex about someone who got an error where Khelgar merged with one of the familiars, resulting in a cat with various Dwarf-fighter feats and no way to get Khelgar back. I've now got the same thing, and the game is (I guess) ruined as a result. I'll have a look on the NWN2 forums to see if there's a fix, but otherwise, I really hope Obsidian can do something about this because I don't want to create characters for MotB - I want to take them from West Harbour all the way to the end.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So, the disappearing Khelgar is caused by having summoned familiars when you transition between modules. I managed to solve the problem with help from the NWN2 tech support forum, but the only way to prevent a recurrence is to stop NPCs summoning their familiars in their behaviour settings.

*sigh* No more travelling zoo for me. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

following the 1.10 patch we had a problem shortly after first encounter with the druid tart. cut scene occurs in mere after discovery o' some dead wolves. cut scene ends and the druid tart's currently summoned dire boar went hostile... but now it were indestructable. game difficulty were set at hardcore.

HA! Good Fun!

noticed a mistake... were not a summoned boar that went hostile. what happens is a Dominated boar went hostile following the cut scene... and were invulnerable from that point.

as for the familiar issue... Gromnir never would have noticed. first thing we did following 1.10 patching were to turn off npc special abilities.

ok, 'pon reflection, Second thing we did were to turn off jnpc special abilities, 'cause the first thing we had to do is figure out why the default camera were wrong. took 'bout 15 minutes to get things back where we had 'em pre-patch. no biggie, but the new default seems counter-intuitive.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I read a thread on RPGCodex about someone who got an error where Khelgar merged with one of the familiars, resulting in a cat with various Dwarf-fighter feats.

ROFL! Khelgar the cat. Maybe the gods got angry at him for claiming to be of Neutral Good alignment, despite the fact that he wants to beat the hell out of every living thing. :lol:

following the 1.10 patch we had a problem shortly after first encounter with the druid tart. cut scene occurs in mere after discovery o' some dead wolves. cut scene ends and the druid tart's currently summoned dire boar went hostile... but now it were indestructable. game difficulty were set at hardcore.

HA! Good Fun!

noticed a mistake... were not a summoned boar that went hostile. what happens is a Dominated boar went hostile following the cut scene... and were invulnerable from that point.

as for the familiar issue... Gromnir never would have noticed. first thing we did following 1.10 patching were to turn off npc special abilities.

ok, 'pon reflection, Second thing we did were to turn off jnpc special abilities, 'cause the first thing we had to do is figure out why the default camera were wrong. took 'bout 15 minutes to get things back where we had 'em pre-patch. no biggie, but the new default seems counter-intuitive.

HA! Good Fun!

Speaking of summoning boars. :brows:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

any word on when new patch will be ready? is maybe hard to believe, but it seems that warlock imbue item we keeps asking 'bout is bugged... and sand were wrong. the crafting feats ain't available for warlocks. warlocks got imbue item, but they can't take the requisite crafting feats.

sounds like game is relative stable, but is some bugs... and Gromnir has stopped reading the bio motb board as the damned thread titles is full o' spoilers and there ain't a separate spoiler section.

HA! Good Fun!

I read a thread on RPGCodex about someone who got an error where Khelgar merged with one of the familiars, resulting in a cat with various Dwarf-fighter feats.

ROFL! Khelgar the cat. Maybe the gods got angry at him for claiming to be of Neutral Good alignment, despite the fact that he wants to beat the hell out of every living thing. :down:

It's actually Kelgar the hammer wielding weasel.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2028/nwn2...07105010zc9.jpg

If someone in the NWN2 mod community does not make a mod based off of hammer wielding weasel's, I will be utterly disappointed.

Seriously, Hammer wielding weasel's, it SCREAMS mod! <3 <3 <3

Holy eye patch, Batman!

"DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST PATCH

Rob McGinnis

Obsidian Community Coordinator

There is currently a patch available on the Autopatcher. DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH!

If you do, it will overwrite your CD Key(s) and cause you much havoc.

Edit

If this patch has already been installed, you will need to manually open the file "nwncdkey.ini" and replace the CD key(s) with the original keys you entered at the time of installing the game. The file can be found in the NWN2 install folder.

If you have a backup of nwn2cdkey.ini from after you installed MotB, you can instead just restore the file from your backup."

monkey_shocked2.jpg

manthing2.jpg