Clive Barker's Jericho Demo

Morgoth

Nice, might try that one out later tonight.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just wait a bit. It's always the same when some demo of a major game is released.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well I just played through the demo. Took me 10, maybe 15 min to complete.

It definitely suffers a bit of consoleritis. I.e. very linear level design, team members tell you every tiny bit what to do, you can't jump, and an overall very confined feeling. The visuals are very slick, though. Very gory, very stylish, but with an overuse of bloom. The bad thing however is that it isn't scary at all. There's never any real feel of threat coming up, like the masterfully designed Undying. I think I'll pass.

It definitely suffers a bit of consoleritis. I.e. very linear level design, team members tell you every tiny bit what to do, you can't jump, and an overall very confined feeling. The visuals are very slick, though. Very gory, very stylish, but with an overuse of bloom. The bad thing however is that it isn't scary at all. There's never any real feel of threat coming up, like the masterfully designed Undying. I think I'll pass.

Disappointing to hear :)

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Yup, short and pretty and totally uninteresting.

I don't know, but it seems I demand more from my games nowadays. Linear is an immediate turn-off.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!