EGM rumor: Obsidian working on a CIA game?

funcroc

A realistic CIA game could be amazing, if it covers both sides of the story, the good, the bad and the ugly. Three sides.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I may be interested in some sort of "Double Agent" clone. Say, you are a terrorist who hates the evil American Devil. So you, on orders from the leader of your revolutionary movement, joined up with the CIA and acted as a double-agent, secretly undermining the USA while pubically working for them. Finally, though, you have to make the choice: Reveal your true idenity as a "defender of Good" (aka, the Revolutionary Movement), or defect to the "Bad Guys" (America).

Hey, a new prespective on world events sounds like something that should be explored.

Uhm.. Judging from Obsidian's last game (Neverwinter nights 2) I don't think they're too interested in straying too far off the "America, land of the BRAVE and the FREE and the VALIANT!!" path. It's been along time since I've seen such black & white type, clich

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'd almost like to see more of a CIA parody type RPG. Kind of like American Dad type stuff. You don't see a lot of humorous RPGs.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Original text from EGM

Spy Games

Publisher Sega was smart to snag developer Obsidian to make a role-playing game based on the Alien movies. But that's not the only game they're working on -- I caught wind the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II makers are also at work on another RPG, this one a CIA spy-themed thriller for the 360 and the Playstation 3.

360 and PS3

Let's hope that's not true.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That would be horrible fail :sad:

On other hand, I'm not interested in CIA game at all. :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm hoping it's true, I'm getting tired of the SiFi settings in so many RPGs and god knows I got sick of Fantasy years ago.. The CIA thing sounds like a breath of fresh air.

As for the consoles, I assume it will be on Xbox360 and PS3 but if so I have no doubt in my mind it will be for PC too if Sega are the publishers, It would make no sense because Sega are trying to get big in the PC world.

I'm speaking from a personal point of view. Meaning that any games that are not on PC at all, I won't get to play. Unless I suddenly become a millionaire, of course.

Thankully, right now that just means the Ninja Gaidens, Zelda games since the Gamecube, Metroid games also since the Gamecube, and a healthy bunch of PS2 titles.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

The best games I've ever played, at least down to my top ten, have all been on the PC. Consoles are great for sports games and racing games but something is always missing from the rest of the games to not let them reach that greatness of the best PC titles.

I guess it's easier to make money off of console games and it's probably too much of a hassle(hoff) porting them to PC at the same time.. Still sad news.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It only makes sense that at SOME point Obsidian make make a game console only, at first. Do I like it? Nope, but it is an eventuality.

Anywayz, since this is only RUMARZ, I'll wait till more info is leaked, or an official announcement.

SO this might be MISTARY Game 3 they were working on?

:D

The best games I've ever played, at least down to my top ten, have all been on the PC. Consoles are great for sports games and racing games but something is always missing from the rest of the games to not let them reach that greatness of the best PC titles.

I guess it's easier to make money off of console games and it's probably too much of a hassle(hoff) porting them to PC at the same time.. Still sad news.

It all comes down to taste really, I mean.. Consoles are no good for FPS, RTS, Point and Click Adventures and western RPGs.. So if you like these types of games the most then your bound to like the PC more then the Consoles.

But Consoles are better for Fighters, Racers, Sports, Japanese RPGs, platformers and Arcade games, So if they are the games that float your boat you'll prefer consoles.

I notice alot of people who play computers only look down on people who play consoles and like to call them kids, but I find this to be a bunch of nonsense. I play and injoy both PC and Console games.

My fav games of all time the Shenmue saga could probably work on both console or pc extremely well, its an interesting mixture between RPG, Adventure, Fighter and other genres.

Considering good gamepads are so cheap nowadays, there's no technical reason for those types of games not to be ported to PC. The only possible reason for those games not to be released on PC is a lack of return on investment.

I want good fighting games on the PC. :sad:

Heja Sverige!!

I would like to see Virtua Fighter 5 released on the PC, It's not the most popular Fighting series in the west, becuase you cant fight as a pandas or demons something.. But its by far the deepest and most ballanced fighter ever made, learning everything for just one character takes a hell of a long time.. but when your good its extremely rewarding.

After you get really good with VF games,other fighters just feel really hollow and dull and no amount of flashy moves fix that.. apart from Street Fighter 2 thats a timeless classic.

Trying to remember... Aliens is Project New Jersey? (Unknown if PC or Console only).

That leaves Game 2 (Unknown if PC or Console only)

That leaves Game 3 (Unknown if PC or Console only)

I used to know all of this off the top of my head. I guess I have been away for too long. :/

What the heck is a "CIA game"?

Maybe you trade spices or something and collect info on political players and organized crime personalities and make contacts and trade in guns and drugs and launder money and information and spread misinformation and such stuff?

Or something else?

Sounds boring.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.