To the Modders here and everywhere...

Ok, I'll be the first to admit it. Im a noob when it comes to modding. I accidentaly came across it on the net and found the whole thing interesting. On searching for all the famous tools such as the excellent KOTOR TOOL and various others, I heard mention of tk102's DLGEDITOR. After spending 4 hours "googling" for it, the best I could find was a broken link on www.starwarsknights.com/tools and the now defunkt pcgamemods.com

Does anyone know of a place to get this program from? For I would very much like to use it in some mods I plan on designing.

Thnks for any help! :)

post-22299-1190588837_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'll be the first to admit it. Im a noob when it comes to modding. I accidentaly came across it on the net and found the whole thing interesting. On searching for all the famous tools such as the excellent KOTOR TOOL and various others, I heard mention of tk102's DLGEDITOR. After spending 4 hours "googling" for it, the best I could find was a broken link on www.starwarsknights.com/tools and the now defunkt pcgamemods.com

Does anyone know of a place to get this program from? For I would very much like to use it in some mods I plan on designing.

Thnks for any help! :(

post-22299-1190588837_thumb.jpg

The link should normally work. Star Wars Knights uploads his tool onto their servers. If you are having an issue, you can sign up for an account at LucasForums.com, and then ask TK102 about where to get his tool. Keep in mind that some tools go extinct, for there are newer programs being released. Also check LucasForums.com for the technical threads, which are in the Knights of the Old Republic forums. Everyone that runs the forums are usually nice people, so you should be able to find what you are looking for.

The link should normally work. Star Wars Knights uploads his tool onto their servers. If you are having an issue, you can sign up for an account at LucasForums.com, and then ask TK102 about where to get his tool. Keep in mind that some tools go extinct, for there are newer programs being released. Also check LucasForums.com for the technical threads, which are in the Knights of the Old Republic forums. Everyone that runs the forums are usually nice people, so you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Thanks for that. I turns out I found a way to get ahold of the program. Came across another issue though!

I'm learning to use Kotor Tool and have found that when I save my .mod files, my computer sees them as .mpeg type. They no longer have the .mod extension. Do you have any ideas?

The latest version of DLGeditor and almost all the modding tools are hosted here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php . To download the files, you have to download the files directly from the site. Direct linking won't work. If you find broken links, let me know.

As for your issue with Kotor tool, it could be a simple file association problem. If not, check if you are really saving as a mod file (myfile.mod and not myfile.mod.something ): open windows explorer, go to the tools menu>folder options>View and in the advanced settings window make sure to check the "show file extension" box.

Edited by Darth333

The latest version of DLGeditor and almost all the modding tools are hosted here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php . To download the files, you have to download the files directly from the site. Direct linking won't work. If you find broken links, let me know.

As for your issue with Kotor tool, it could be a simple file association problem. If not, check if you are really saving as a mod file (myfile.mod and not myfile.mod.something ): open windows explorer, go to the tools menu>folder options>View and in the advanced settings window make sure to check the "show file extension" box.

Ok, that hasn't changed much. Altered the assosiation and now it says file type is 'object for encoding scriptlets' is this what I should be seeing when hovering over the mod? Or is it a different assosiation I should put?