How do you beat Super Mario Brothers without killing anyone?!

SilentScope001

Once upon a time, there was a craze about Deus Ex because you don't have to kill anyone to beat the game. At the time, I didn't really care for it...why limit your arsenal?

But hey, it may be fun. But it comes to another point: I need to do it for a game that, well, I can beat already, so that I can use that information to prepare to beat the game without killing anyone.

So, here I go. Boot up Super Mario Brothers (alleged to be a very violent video game, about 25 violent acts per minute displayed on TV), and will now attempt to beat the whole game without murdering a single indivudal, roleplaying as Mario, the Kantain Plumber and Peacenix Militant.

I got through 1-1 easy, but 1-2 was hard because I was being ambushed by 2 Koopa Troopers on the left and a Goobma on the right side. However, I stayed up in a small enclave, and wait for the Koopa Troopers to walk back while the Goobma walks away before getting past. However, I lost all my lives in 1-3, so the game ended for me.

So, anyone tried this challenge before? If so, are there any tips? I'm not so certain about gaining up Health Points (Mushrooms and Fire Flowers) to ensure that if I do get attacked, I get a few seconds to run and therefore, surivie without needing to murder anyone. It does seem to defeat the point of the challenge.

I also see that the game changed from being a game where you defeat enemies to a pure Platforming game, as you leap from area to area, making sure that none of the enemies can see you and attack you. It's an interesting thing seeing the entire game changed when one rule.

Don't you have to murderize Bowser at every castle? Indirectly or not, I'd say removing the bridge underneath someone only to have them plummet into a pool of hot steamy sweaty lava constitutes some sort of murder.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Don't you have to murderize Bowser at every castle? Indirectly or not, I'd say removing the bridge underneath someone only to have them plummet into a pool of hot steamy sweaty lava constitutes some sort of murder.

You could argue that he doesn't die and you only push him off a ledge as he's always in the next castle.

I don't like milk with my oreos. Your analogy is wrong. Also, isn't it not even freaking Bowser that you have to beat every level? Like the first boss is some sphynx or lion or something. And the second boss is like an octopus? So you can't just assume that you aren't murdering them, because you are.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Mario is a violent game, get over it. You need to kill things to beat it. If you really wanted to foil Nintendo's violent and gory plans, you shouldn't have bought super mario.

Mario games should be rated M anyways.

:)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't like milk with my oreos. Your analogy is wrong. Also, isn't it not even freaking Bowser that you have to beat every level? Like the first boss is some sphynx or lion or something. And the second boss is like an octopus? So you can't just assume that you aren't murdering them, because you are.

That's Mario Land on Game Boy.

I have heard of the famous speed runs but never about a run without killing. But I think it's possible, with the exception of the final Bowser, though you should use warp zones...

That's Super Mario Bros 3.

Edited by Pope

I have heard of the famous speed runs but never about a run without killing. But I think it's possible, with the exception of the final Bowser, though you should use warp zones...

No, Super Mario Bros 3. has the magic flute. Super Mario Bros. has Warp Zones.

Unless your comment pertained to speed runs, and there are definately more speed runs than just Super Mario Bros 3. There are legions of websites dedicated to them.

No, Super Mario Bros 3. has the magic flute. Super Mario Bros. has Warp Zones.

Unless your comment pertained to speed runs, and there are definately more speed runs than just Super Mario Bros 3. There are legions of websites dedicated to them.

i have seen the video of the original super mario done in 30 minutes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are just so many it's hard to keep them straight.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.