Question about Types of Lightsabers

I think that if you have a regular lightsaber in the main weapon hand, and a short lightsaber in the other hand, or "off-hand", you may get some sort of combat bonus. It reduces some penelty I think. If you have a regular saber in both hands, then it will either increase the penelty, or it wont change as opposed to having a regular saber and a short saber.

"The Enemy of my enemy is my friend" - Jango Fett

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Never trust anyone, and especially not yourself." -Carth Onasi

"I have a bad feeling about this." - Han Solo & Atton Rand

This is due to the nature of the d20 rulesets which KOTOR is based on - this originally derived from the D&D rules that games like NWN work on.

With two-weapon fighting, you receive various penalties for the ability to wield two weapons. the two-weapon fighting feats deal with most of these, but you receive a penalty for using a 'medium-sized' weapon (like a lightsaber) in you off-hand. In D&D, this penalty is off-set by using a smaller sized weapon in this hand, usually a short-sword or a dagger. Thus was born the 'short lightsaber'. It does less damage than a normal lightsaber, but you get no additional penalty if you wield it in your off hand.

Does that answer your question?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

If you are a wepponmaster/marrader you can up duel weppon fighting to suppier duel weppon fighting III. If you used a ballanced weppon i.e.(short lightsaber) you actually git a bonus for using 2 weppons.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

If you max out your two-weapon fighting feats, yes.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

For Weapon Master/Marauder - they can get two-weapon fighting bonuses so high that they can dual-wield normal sized sabers at no penalty. Since short sabers provide an off-hand bonus (as their way of computing the cancellation of penalty) you actually end up with a slight bonus.

But the bonus is so negligible at that stage compared to the damage potential you'd lose.

Using dual-sabers as a Weapon Master (or marauder) is about as mandatory as a Sith Lord using Force Storm :(

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

My first KOTORII character was a female Guardian/Weapon Master - man she just mopped the floor with everyone :devil: