Force Powers

As you progress you upgrade your powers and lower powers become inaccessible *frown*. For instance when upgraded to whirlwind, character can't use simple push anymore. In my opinion it's totally idiotic. If you command higher power why won't you be able to command it's lower part? ;)

Edited by SlackerLX

There's nothing "wrong" with it, there's nothing to "fix". In the force power lists, the trees of moves are 'upgrades' of the previous ones - the only time this really changes it is the Push-Whirlwind-Wave tree where whirlwind is quite different from Push and Wave. Otherwise, every move is just a better version of its previous move (i.e. stun - stasis - stasis field is an obvious progression).

In this way, it's like your power increases, so you go from just being able to shove someone over, to being able to lift them in the air for a long time, to being able to throw over a large group of people for good damage...it kinda works :lol:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

No no, I understand exactly what you mean, and definitely see your point.

I was merely explaining the mentality behind the engine being developed the way it was.

And to really answer your question - No, I'm like 99% sure that this stuff is hard-coded into the game engine and thus not editable...it's just the way they've decided to make it work.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

On a further note, why would you even want just push? Do you know how rare it is to where it would be useful?

Yes I understand you just want "Push" but its illogical in regards to gameplay. Even further than that, if you wanted just push, you should have not gotten the upgrades. I'd like to think that you played KOTOR 1 and understood how the system worked...but I see now that is not always the case.

wookiedance.gif

I'm like 99% sure that this stuff is hard-coded into the game engine and thus not editable...it's just the way they've decided to make it work.

When switching to "companion mode" - (player assumes the role of either of companions) I noticed many times that they DO use lower parts of the force powers even after I upgraded them to higher ones. It's possible to mod things in the game. Here's an example -> http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...Spell_Mod;77520

On a further note, why would you even want just push? Do you know how rare it is to where it would be useful?

There's no need to use "Wave" against one opponent. Force points consuming. Both Jedi and Sith are supposed to be wise

There's no need to use "Wave" against one opponent. Force points consuming. Both Jedi and Sith are supposed to be wise

You don't consume more Force Points for using the upgraded force powers! It's simply that your Jedi becomes more 'efficient' at that particular force and can inflict more damage with the same force as before... sorta. Besides, if you use a ton of powers, you would most likely be a consular/master/sith lord, whereby you'll have more than enough force points (and force regen) to indulge...

• 5 weeks later...

what about when your in combat and you switch characters to pick an attack, and when you switch back to your character, it sometimes has a lower level power or attack (even if you already upgraded it) in the line up of attacks? If that's possible, then shouldn't what he was saying be possible.

example.

i have force wave. i switch to mira to pick her attacks, i switch back to my character (no pausing involved) and he is about to use force whirlwind (selected by the game)...

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg