Now this is what I call hype...

Arkan

For Halo 3

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-0...lo_N.htm?csp=34

Millions of fans are eagerly awaiting next Tuesday's release of Halo 3, the final installment in Microsoft's hugely successful video game trilogy.

"Everybody is really excited," says Anne Wolanski, 37, an executive assistant at a major Hollywood studio. "People just know it's going to be fantastic."

Miguel Chavez, 39, of Whitestone, N.Y., an administrator for fan site halo .bungie.org, wants to know "how this whole darn thing ends."

Another fan, Roger Travis, 38, of Stoors, Conn., admits that he, too, "can't wait to see the ending of the story." But Travis, an associate professor of classics at the University of Connecticut, also wants to see how Halo stacks up against the great mythologies of our time. Already, he says, "I certainly don't have any problem putting (Halo) on the shelf next to" classics such as Beowulf.

For those who scoff at the notion that a video game could rival modern-day epics such as The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

This is what a 10 million dollar advertising campaign helps purchase.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What a huge pile of steaming bullpoo.

The gaming industry is becoming more and more about the marketing moolah. :sad:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The more hype a game gets the crappier it is.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Comparing Halo to Greek Classics? Is the University of Connecticut, really crappy?

Heja Sverige!!

Yes.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Halo 3 is going to be awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

He knows it like I knew Bioshock was going to be awesome. :'(

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

From what I heard Bioshock is boring. Its sure is pretty, but boring. It is the stereotypical dumb blonde of computer gaming.

Edited by Sand

And you heard correctly...

Heja Sverige!!

It is the stereotypical dumb blond of computer gaming.

This statement has inspired me. I'm going to create game awards that're based off catchy insults to games. And yes, Sand, there will be one that carries your name.

Of course, the entire thing won't be very big, but the point of it will be to make me laugh, nothing else.

I don't know if I should laugh or be worried. :lol:

The more hype a game gets the crappier it is.

Shut up, FO3 is going to be awesome!!!1!1

But yeah, that hype is complete crap. Story, ROFLASFKJHSAKJFSHA. All that matters is 4p online co-op, and that matters plenty. Even Halo1's horrid repetitive level design couldn't save it from the awesomeness that was 2p co-op on Legendary difficulty. Halo3 *can't* not be awesome. Strength in numbers!

And yeah, I haven't picked up Bioshock yet. Bargain bin it is ^_^

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I really liked Bioshock. It doesn't have co-op, so it won't overly appeal to you though.

That review from Yahtzee from Zero Puncturation definitely convinced me in not getting the game.

That review from Yahtzee from Zero Puncturation definitely convinced me in not getting the game.

You mean the one where he specifically stated he was being hard on the game because that's what people like to hear from him and that it's also "one of the best games of the year?"

That review?

You mean the one where he specifically stated he was being hard on the game because that's what people like to hear from him and that it's also "one of the best games of the year?"

That review?

Yeah, pretty much. It may be the best game of the year so far but that doesn't mean its a good game. It just means that this year has sucked for good games.

That review?

Yeah, pretty much. It may be the best game of the year so far but that doesn't mean its a good game. It just means that this year has sucked for good games.

So, your entire basis for calling it a bad game is a review that is (expressly) intentionally harsh in order to be entertaining?