Mass Effect Is Extreme

Volourn

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24938.html

These videos show gameplay, interrogations, combat, and choices of the game. ME is shaping up to be darn good.

And, yeah, while the dialogue isn't Shakespearean, it easily beats most RPG writing that is for sure.

Music, and graphics in the video are top notch as well.

P.S. ME > KOTOR series

P.S.S. BIO site has other links to ME hype as well.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When ME comes to the PC (assuming that it will) it shall be one of my must have games.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It looks like the combat could be awesome if done well. The conversations appear to be the same old Bioshock stuff.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This could be a good game, but the facial expressions are really badly done, and the voiceacting is mediocre and lacks emotion. The game is clearly lacking in extremism, and whatever extremism there is lacks any emotional impact due to the bad voiceacting and facial expressions, thus killing the whole experience. Overall, the basic premise of the game (being extreme) is good but it seems that Bioware has screwed up big time in its implementation.

So... Um... Which CRPG have you played that has better facial expressions than Mass Effect, Roshan?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Definitely a must-buy for me when it gets released on PC.

While setting and dialog-quality doesn't really come through so good in these videos, I really like the dialog wheel. Roleplaying with suprises, plus the most authentic digital actors video games ever have seen. Ashley is hawt, too. Prolly the best selling point for me! :lol:

So... Um... Which CRPG have you played that has better facial expressions than Mass Effect, Roshan?

I havent played many new first person games. Perhaps others can tell us about how Mass Effects facial expressions compare to other modern games.

Off the top of my head, Im sure Fallout 2s talking heads showed much more emotion.

Roleplaying with suprises

I too like that he doesnt say exactly what you choose..... It will be interesting to choose options and then see what Shepard comes up with.

The talking heads? I think you have your rose tinted glasses on.

roshan is a poopyhead, but his point isn't completely off. The lip-synching does seem a tad awkward at times. Maybe it's the uncanny valley, but I've played games where I hadn't noticed that. Either way, lipsynching doesn't make a game. Meh.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I still say Valve's facial expression technology is better.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's not just about the facial expression, but about the whole performance. The best developed character right now would be Alyx imo...she was greatly improved in Ep1. Funny, a FPS which has the most authentic character up to date. ME will win though since you get more out of the characters, and just because of the sheer quantity of animations ME will offer.

Edited by Morgoth

Everything I have heard and seen about ME sounds awesome. Fortunately dad got a 360 for his birthday so I will grab a copy and play it over at the parents place.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Mass Effect: EXTREME MAKE OVER EDITION! :lol:

Hrm, the dialogue stuff doesn't look too bad in action. Never going to be a great RPG but ME sets out to be an action RPG really, and if the combat is actually fun (I have no idea what's going on in that combat sequence in the video) this will be what Jade Empire was supposed to be: a really fun action RPG with a decent/good story in Bioware's original setting.

Graphics and all look fine to me, as long as they make sure they make lots of animations for those cinematic chats.

Edited by Tigranes

I agree with Tigraines.

Though, I would have liked to see how the dialogue system works in realtime. Now it appears to be what dialogue has always been in RPG: NPC says something and then waits for your reply no matter how long it might take.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I just wished that Microsoft actually made the PC/XBox 360 hybrid like they discussed prior its release. I would have gotten that in a heartbeat. I just want one box that holds all my PC gear and the XBox 360 gear inside it. Nothing annoys me more than having multiple electronic devices strewn all over the place in my small corner of the apartment.

Hey, its going to have alien lesbians and nudity! Its that EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME! What more do you want?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...udity-Uncovered