Robert Jordan passed away

Hurlshort

He used to list the characters in the index to remind you who they are but I think he gave up because it would have taken a hundred pages each book.

Yeah, like those ones in manga books where there are about 70 portraits all with arrows linking each other, and 40 of them would have the same exact hairstyle, same face and same name just with different suffixes and hair parting.

The first ~5 books definitely were fun stuff though, even if that woman was a bit frustrating. Heck, I've forgotten all the names - the original mentor magic woman.

At least at the end of book 9 there was some sort of payoff for all that nothing. Apparently book 11 is the payoff for all the nothing in book 10.

Number 9 ended with Rand cleansing the male half of the source right? That part was an excellent payoff for the rest of the book. I remember reading those last few chapters over and over. Has anyone here read 11 yet? I know Ill wind up buying it just because Im a glutton for punishment but I would at least like to know if it was good.

The first ~5 books definitely were fun stuff though, even if that woman was a bit frustrating. Heck, I've forgotten all the names - the original mentor magic woman.

Moiraine? Yeah she's a bit frustrating.

I didn't find book 10 all that bad. It felt like a gigantic build up for book 11. The book I like less is book 8. I've read the series a few times (I've begun reading it after book 7 was released and re-read the series before every book was released) and book 8 is the only one I can't force myself to read again.

Book 11 is good. Read it.

I'm currently re-reading because I got book 11 for christmas and I had finished book 10 two years prior. Currently on book 7. They are actually better on the 2nd read through. Likely because you don't have any expectations.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rest in peace, Bob. It's been a ride.

My reading has been random and sporadic, but I think I'm in book 10 or 9. Shadar Logoth just exploded.

I haven't been arsed to get back to the series, since I don't want to read the books in Finnish and the originals are hard to find from libraries. I borrowed the last 2 books from a friend just before he moved to Sweden. I generally don't buy fantasy, unless it is Pratchett. Or Hobb, since Soldier's Son is amazing.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Moiraine? Yeah she's a bit frustrating.

I didn't find book 10 all that bad. It felt like a gigantic build up for book 11. The book I like less is book 8. I've read the series a few times (I've begun reading it after book 7 was released and re-read the series before every book was released) and book 8 is the only one I can't force myself to read again.

Book 11 is good. Read it.

Yeah book 8 is a slog.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

i remember first starting to read WoT back when i was just starting high school. i've slowly been aquiring all the books and reading through them a few times when there's nothing else to do

i have to agree that book 10 was a huge let down. it was pretty much just filler, and advancing the storylines of minor irrelevant characters.

book 11 on the other hand is crazy. at one point Rand and Logain and killing trollocs and stuff by the thousands

i hate not finishing a series once i've started reading it, even if it isn't all that great (i'm looking at you R.A Salvatore...)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i remember first starting to read WoT back when i was just starting high school. i've slowly been aquiring all the books and reading through them a few times when there's nothing else to do

i have to agree that book 10 was a huge let down. it was pretty much just filler, and advancing the storylines of minor irrelevant characters.

book 11 on the other hand is crazy. at one point Rand and Logain and killing trollocs and stuff by the thousands

i hate not finishing a series once i've started reading it, even if it isn't all that great (i'm looking at you R.A Salvatore...)

I here that we'll still see the final book.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I here that we'll still see the final book.

I believe he was at least halfway finished writing it, and had everything else fleshed out in note form, plus he verbally went over what he wanted done with it with his wife, who I believe will be finishing it since she has been his proof reader since book 1.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

At least at the end of book 9 there was some sort of payoff for all that nothing. Apparently book 11 is the payoff for all the nothing in book 10.

Number 9 ended with Rand cleansing the male half of the source right? That part was an excellent payoff for the rest of the book. I remember reading those last few chapters over and over. Has anyone here read 11 yet? I know Ill wind up buying it just because Im a glutton for punishment but I would at least like to know if it was good.

- There's a few Elayne chapters that are pretty much ctrl+c, ctrl+v from any of the preceding 3 books.

- There's a few things handled pretty lamely since the characters should know better by this point.

- Perrin chapters are interesting again.

- Editting is much better than the previous few books, plotting and pacing better but not up to the early 4 books.

On the whole, I think his writing style had been improving in the latter half of the series, it's his plotting and pacing that were the problem (and not finding any other way to update on Elayne's situation). Plus not editting books 7-10 down to about 1/2 of what was published.

Hopefully Kevin Anderson doesn't get within a mile of the manuscript for the last book :):)

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

I just remembered that there are some humorous summaries at the Atari forums. (They were written by the user Isam, then re-posted by awheelgirl.)

Some of my favorite bits: From book 2:

Liandrin: Soon we will capture al'Thor's friends on Toman Head, and then he will be ours! Then the Great Lord will rule the known world!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Moiraine: Did you say something?

Liandrin: No. Go Light.

And then from book 10:

Yukiri: We are hot on the trail of the Black Ajah.

Seaine: Yes. Soon we will be able to do something.

Yukiri: Unless they do something first.

Seaine: Yes, unless they do something first.

Yukiri: Yes.

Seaine: Yes.

Will Save penalty vs. Kitty: -20

GCS d(--) s--: a C+++$ US++>$ P+++$ L+(++) E--- W++ N+ w--- V- PS+ PE Y+ t+@ 5++ X R+ tv(+) b+ DI++ D+ G+ e++ h-() r+++ x?

How many nuns would a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?