Fortress Forever!

Big Bottom

I think we should get a few games of Fortress Forever going in the Obsidian community since it's loads of fun and you don't actually have to be that great at shooters to enjoy yourself. The TF2 beta starts on Monday but in the meantime FF is filling the gap very nicely, it's pretty polished and has very much of the spirit of Team Fortress. So, anyone up for some hot Fort action?

http://www.fortress-forever.com/

I just got into the Half Life series about 10 days ago, and it was due to a catchy side ad for The Orange Box. After looking at some YouTube footage of Team Fortress 2, I was hooked.

Right now, I'm playing the original Half-Life which I brought off Steam. The graphics are kinda ruining some fun (they have an effect on the gameplay), which is odd for me because I care very little about graphics in general (I still prefer Icewind Dale, Super Mario World, NHL 94 to more recent games that I like). Still, I like the story and recognize it's influence and plan to finish the game and it's expansions before getting Half-Life 2 (otherwise I will not appreciate the game for what it is, like what happened with Age of Empires).

What is this mysterious "orange box?"

I might be interested in blasted one or all of you.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's a box containing Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Ep 2, Team Fortress 2 (the big attraction for most...the sequel to arguably the most fun MP shooter ever) and Portal (some kind of first person puzzle game with a gun that makes portals). If you preorder on Steam you get to play TF2 tomorrow...price is $45 right now.

Edited by Big Bottom

Team Fortress 2 is the attraction for most?

I'd like to see stats backing that claim.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you preorder on Steam you get to play TF2 tomorrow...price is $45 right now.

You sold me. I just pre-ordered The Orange Box right now! :D

Of course, I'm not going to play or even install Half-Life 2 or it's expansions until I finish Half-Life and it's expansions, but I can't wait any longer for Team Fortress 2.

Cantousent (and others interested), here is the website of The Orange Box (specifically Team Fortress 2).

Here is a gameplay

(what hooked me):

Looks and sounds like The Incredibles with guns! :D

Of course, I'm not going to play or even install Half-Life 2 or it's expansions until I finish Half-Life and it's expansions, but I can't wait any longer for Team Fortress 2.

You can ignore the Half-Life expansions. Made by Gearbox at the direction of Sierra while Sierra owned the IP.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."