Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

You've disappointed me greatly. :'(

I'll put you on the list next to my last girlfriend.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Akira. Re-reading.

It might be because of my natural disinclination towards any philosophy that gets more than several degrees away from practical reality, or just my hatred of Heidegger, but I never bothered to try and figure out what the heck was really going on during the last book. All that stuff about streams and power manifest. Still, it's undeniably excellent.

...like I said if I didn't have anything better to do :(

Well, this review thingie will be postponed until I manage to finish Gurren Lagann.

Kamina_Glasses_by_XxAyuNANAxX.jpg

I so want these :happy0203:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

lol Gurren-Lagann is so awesome I finally broke my "no anime characters" rule for my avatar. Meet Gendo with Kamina's shades :down:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

My DBZ sets came far earlier than expected. Arriving a week earlier than Amazon's original estimation for them to even leave the warehouse.

On disc 2 (of 30). Gohan's 6 months in the wilderness is sad. :down:

lol Gurren-Lagann is so awesome I finally broke my "no anime characters" rule for my avatar. Meet Gendo with Kamina's shades :lol:

I'm glad you liked it, spread some more seeds, let everyone watch it! Your family, friends and foes! Mail it to the finnish parliament, demand an official "In celebration of Kamina, with awesome guaranteed"-day, and...ehum, as i said, i'm glad you liked it :)

//EDIT:Look what i found.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gotta love ADV. They were the ones bringing Gurren Lagann to the US. Now, well... their future is uncertain.

I'm not usually one to post about show untill I've finished it but I've seen so far eleven eps of GL and I'm loving it :bat:

Edited by Xard

I'm on the 10th ep and it's sublime. That mech has a vagina! Rampant innuendo! Adrenaline-choking battles!

And yet...the characters seem to display growth.

Gainax freaking did it again!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dude, you forgot the epic sunglasses

Currently I'm rewatching Kare Kano ( :lol: ) while taking glimpses at the manga purely for comparison

Manga is very good but really, it has nothing on anime. To quote DVD reviewer "Hideaki's thumbprint is on these episodes in full force. His highly artistic and meaningful directorial style brings new depth and emotion to an otherwise stagnant genre. Simple title cards, words expressed over images, and other unique touches fill the series to the brim with believable emotion. It's unlike anything else, really."

Anno-sama <3 (in totally not gay-way)

Oh, and reviews shall be plentiful now that I've finished Gurren Lagann

It IS best thing that has happened to anime in years

Opening scene that was one huge Captain Harlock reference was so epic

gurrenlagannepicfight6hf9.th.jpg

Edited by Xard

Opening scene that was one huge Captain Harlock reference was so GAR

I don't think you're using that right.

shut up, I know my memes

Gar = Awesome in manly way

....right? :lol:

Edited by Xard

Gar = gay, usually to say you're gay for something. It originated from a typo. I found a good definition that fits both of us, though.

A term used towards male characters and individuals who are so overwhelmingly manly that your own masculinity is absolutely *buried*, leaving you naught but a whimpering, swooning girl-child before them.

Originated in 4chan's /a/ board. A poster was describing his feelings towards the Fate/Stay Night character Archer, and mistyped "gay" as "gar".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gar

Edited by Tale

nooo tv tropes how could you betray me like this :lol:

Which one should I believe then?

edit: it redirects to that if you type GAR in search field

Edited by Xard

Well, if you're swooning over the opening, then we'll give you credit.

I'm going to start watching code geass R2.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I can seed. PM me tomorrow

Oi! All you friends of Gurren Lagann! Don't forget to miss out this canonical "Ep 5,5" 10 minutes OVA made for DS Game

Kamina is kicking ass like always and "I love how the argument between Jigitalis and Kamina is like a furry arguing with a /b/tard from 4chan."

Edited by Xard

Suddenly Geass's, thousands of them!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hopefully ADV will get back to releasing stuff soon. I want Gurren Lagann to finish releasing.

I also want someone else to pick up Black Lagoon. Either someone to start printing more of Geneon's or new, I don't care.

Edit: Hah! It sounds like Bandai has picked up GL. Funny thing is, if this is to be believed, http://www.amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-1/dp/B...5157&sr=8-1 they're not bothering with dubs.

Edited by Tale

Tale, come on baby cakes. I mean seriously. You're a reasonably intelligent young man and you use the internet quite frequently I'd imagine. I don't understand what this "buying" concept is in the least, especially when it isn't inherently illegal (unless it's licensed).

It is inherently illegal, even if not licensed. The only reason anyone thinks it's a grey area is because it's quite unenforceable. But, I'm going to be a cop. So, it might be a bit awkward for me. I've put an end to all my downloading of anime.

Edited by Tale

recently went back through my manga... completly read Battle Angel Alita (cyborg fight!) and Sorcerer hunters... contemplating reading back through the 15 odd mangas of Ranma I've got.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.