Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

Squirtle episode was so ace

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Best episodes are anything with Jessie, amirite?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished watching Witch Hunter Robin. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Fantastic. We'll definately watch that again. It's time to watch Madlax again. Vanessa is a fine chick. Actually Madlax makes me cry at least twice. So sad. I was watching something else the other day that made me cry... but I can't remember what it was. :p

LOL I thought some of the Charizard/Ash fights were some of the funniest moments of the series!!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that by the end of the first season he had finally gained respect for Ash, even if he refused to fight pokemon weaker than himself.

Remember when Pikachu beat Onyx, despite having that type disadvantage? That was awesome

9 PM: I'll watch just one more episode of Last Exile.

3 AM: ****, the series is over.

Edited by Tale

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first 3 eps of Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann. It's pretty nice and Kamina is awesome, but Yoko needs to put some clothes on. Could they be a bit more obvious about the fanservice?

I found Last Exile started off awesome, but as it progressed the story became fairly ho-hum and I ended being pretty apathetic about the series.

Anyone watch One Piece (the non-bastardized version)?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I tried to but it was a pretty daunting task. I mean its got like 500 episodes....

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I ended up purchasing a Cowboy Bebop set and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I've already seen them, but they were worth buying. I really wanted to get Black Lagoon instead of Bebop, but since Geneon's closed down, volume 2 is nowhere to be found at a reasonable price.

I just watched the first 3 eps of Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann. It's pretty nice and Kamina is awesome, but Yoko needs to put some clothes on. Could they be a bit more obvious about the fanservice?

I found Last Exile started off awesome, but as it progressed the story became fairly ho-hum and I ended being pretty apathetic about the series.

Yoko is supposed to have little clothes on. Remember, this anime is not a satire, rather a celebration of everything that's "wrong" in anime :grin:

As for One Piece, i tried to watch 3-4 episodes. But it was really, ehum, too juvenile for me. Especially the whole "RO-RO-RO-ROCKEEEEE-TTTOOOOOO"-part.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nooooooo next week is the last Gundam 00!

Last of the season. Second season starts in October.

THE HARUHI DVD EPISODES ARE IN ORDER!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Yeah, sucks

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just finished watching School Rumble, great! And we're really looking forward to the next series. (series 3 due to start late this year i think?)

Well worth a look! See... I do watch non-yuri stuff!

Watch the ovas as well, they are pretty decent, minus the horrible Tenma fanservice in the first one.

Also, congrats. :(

THE HARUHI DVD EPISODES ARE IN ORDER!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Yeah, that sucks. Not that I've watched the series completely yet, but watching the episodes in unchronological order has so far only been a plus. Also, doesn't this kind of reorganization harm the original vision as well?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Be damned if I know what "the original vision" is. All I know is that it was kind of interesting and very fitting for a series about a girl who's looking for the exciting. They were also sufficiently vague in referencing previous episodes so that it didn't spoil what was coming up. It just made you curious and confused.

It also did really good for formulating a flow. The series ended on a very nice high note it wouldn't have if they'd been chronological.

But so far I do like the voices (except Haruhi sounds too mature). And they've not localized things they shouldn't have. Explanation for SOS brigade's name is still clearly japanese.

Edited by Tale

Initially, I figured Black Lagoon a plumb duff of the highest caliber. Gee whiz, was I wrong. It won me other big time and I'm ashamed to say it was the mild fan service what did it, err... amongst other things. I'm a man, damn it!

Can anyone recommend me something similar?

Edited by Tel Aviv

I couldn't stand the freakin lack of romantic development. That seriously pissed me off and ruined the excellently awesome second season.

I can't think of anything like that tho except maybe Full Metal Panic which I wasn't a big fan of but a lot of people thought it was awesome. I haven't watched anything in a long while, just going to wait for this seasons shows to end and scour through them for something hopefully at least mediocre.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I know. What gives with that? Revy obviously had fuzzy feelings for Rock. But when Yukio showed up I figured her the romance interest instead but no, nothing came of that either...

except seppuku of the throat

. What gives?

Slug, was it you who recommended Gankutsuou? That too is great and, bizarrely enough, it's by far the most accurate (and fruity) take on Monte Cristo I've seen.

Edited by Tel Aviv

I know. What gives with that? Revy obviously had fuzzy feelings for Rock. But when Yukio showed up I figured her the romance interest instead but no, nothing came of that either...

. What gives?

Slug, was it you who recommended Gankutsuou? That too is great and, bizarrely enough, it's by far the most accurate (and fruity) take on Monte Cristo I've seen.

Yes it was me. However since then I've thought of recanting that. I tried watching it again a few weeks ago and I was unpleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it didn't stand up to a second watch but all I know is when I saw it I absolutely loved it. However, that was like my Count of Monte Cristo obsession period where I read the book and was so thoroughly entranced by its awesomeness that the show could have rivaled something like inuyasha in how horrible it was and I still would have praised it full heartily.

Edit: I blame ttgl

Edited by theslug

. What gives?

Because it's not a romantic comedy. Revy and Rock are from two completely different worlds.

I don't care what anyone says I'm watching this show strictly for....well you'll understand. You can just tell it's going to have a masterful and intriguing story of wonder and mystery.

kanakongl2.jpg

Edited by theslug

That would be Kanokon my good man. Another follower joins the ranks. Mwhaha.

~~~~

Kanokon`s story revolves around Kouta Oyamada, a young first-year high school student who moves from the country to the city and thus transfers to Kunpo High School. On his first day at his new school, a beautiful second-year female student named Chizuru Minamoto asks him to meet her alone in the music room. When he arrives, she reveals her that she is in fact a fox deity and from that day on the two hang out together. Nozomu is a first year female student at Kouta`s school, she is in fact a wolf deity and in love with Kouta, and a rival of Chizuru for Kouta`s affections.

~~~~

:'( it's going to suck pretty hardcore but at least there will be so much fan service I'll have to go out and buy an industrial sized vat of lotion.

Edit: I have dry skin.

Edited by theslug