Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

I happened upon a movie based on something called Yu Gi Oh a while back. I understand that films have in the past been inspired by card games, but I assumed there was more involved than simply showing people playing the card game while shouting and striking dramatic poses.

Two thumbs pointed in random directions to indicate bewilderment and the inability to judge the quality of something so alien. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I happened upon a movie based on something called Yu Gi Oh a while back. I understand that films have in the past been inspired by card games, but I assumed there was more involved than simply showing people playing the card game while shouting and striking dramatic poses.

Two thumbs pointed in random directions to indicate bewilderment and the inability to judge the quality of something so alien. :)

If you've ever had a babysitting job in which you were forced to watch the series, there are rogue AMVs on Youtube that pretty much perfectly lay out all the stupid bull**** in that show. There's something like 25+ episodes now.

BEHOLD. The voice acting gets better over time.

Edited by Pop

Ghost in the shell. That's it.

I can't take most anime seriously, but this one is just pure win. Script is good and extremely intelligent and unless you understand japanese well, I'd recommend trying to find english version dubs. Complexity of the stories doesn't open clear enough with just subtitles. To be honest, this one is better than anything that comes from tv nowadays.

And as for others, Cowboy Bebop is good but nowhere near Ghost in the shell series.

I've started on the long and arduous task of watching One Piece. I'm pretty confident I will eventually catch up to whatever ep they are on (in the 300's) but its kind of hard when you have other shows to watch too.

I've also been watching claymore, darker than black, heroic age, seirei no moribito, and kekkaishi which had really excellent animation and drawing last episode so hopefully it continues. All the shows are pretty much coming to a close soon I think or at least coming to a climax so hopefully this new season brings some good shows n stuff.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah it pains me when extremities are brutally dismembered with reckless abandon, which happens a lot.

And also when 90% of your cast is killed in 5 minutes that hurts me inside as well.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

On Claymore, the way they're diverging from the manga plot is stupid. It's 90 percent shouting and one liners now. Granted, it was like that in the manga as well, but the plot is still going on there, unlike the anime where it is supposed to be finished in 4 more episodes. I'm rather disappointed, since the episodes up to the most recent one have been awesome.

Edit: Also, I only get about 15 minutes of internet a day and I just used about 7 of that to write this and read the thread. I don't know if I won or lost.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm sorry I wasted your time muso. :'(

You didn't, no. I was just surmising how tritely I used my meagre time. It's my falling, not yours.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

On Claymore, the way they're diverging from the manga plot is stupid. It's 90 percent shouting and one liners now. Granted, it was like that in the manga as well, but the plot is still going on there, unlike the anime where it is supposed to be finished in 4 more episodes. I'm rather disappointed, since the episodes up to the most recent one have been awesome.

Edit: Also, I only get about 15 minutes of internet a day and I just used about 7 of that to write this and read the thread. I don't know if I won or lost.

Bleach is having that problem too. Filler scenes with those crappy modified souls nobody likes.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The last two episodes of Bleach fortunately remedied my earlier ire for the inanity the fillers had introduced into it.

In other words, Ichigo is once 'gain pretty ****ing badass.

kirottu said:

Apparently a Bleach Movie is available now, too. I hear it's good.

Edit: Can someone tell me at what point people started learning how to fly in Bleach? Ichigo did it first at the end of the soul society arc, but he had special equipment for that. Then he went Bankai and it seems like he kept it, but nobody else showed it at the time. Now in the Arrancar arc, everyone can except Rukia.

Edited by Tale

I watched the movie partly without subtitles. It was pretty decent, considering how bad the fillers were back then. The new character was rather good.

As for flying: They don't fly in Soul Society, you know. Most of the recent arc, and indeed all flying, has happened in Karakura town(real world) and you could venture a guess that stuff like the pull of gravity doesn't really bother most of these dudes, being walking spiritual tesla coils and all. Ichigo needed special equipment in Soul Society, because it is where the Death God "bodies" are real, not borrowed or artificial(like when Urahara made a gikai for Rukia and she had to keep it healthy in the first arc) as in corporeal world. In the real world they are spirits unbound from laws of reality, but in Soul Society and(as my assumption goes) Hueco Mundo they are just like any people, well, any people in an anime about superpowers.

Though they don't have to eat or sleep apparently. Purgatory(because that what it is) has it's pros.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

But that doesn't explain Rukia's lack of flying or how nobody flew in Kurakura prior. However, I think it's a good general explanation.

I was thinking it was might be more like Dragonball flight where it required a certain level of power first. And it wouldn't surprise me if Hitsuguya and those with him in Kurakura were more powerful than the rest.

Edited by Tale

That's likely.

kirottu said:

I can't stand bleach or naruto anymore. Both shows equally fell off into the abyss after fillers. The manga of bleach is pretty lame as well.

The shippuden (whatever it's called) naruto is pretty annoying as the pace is extremely slow.

I never got into Bleach, cause after the introduction arc (ep 1-20) a lot of inconsistencies appeared and really ruined it for me...

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

My favourite is an anime (well, Manga first I think) called Hunter X Hunter. It's a really long series though, and one of those where you start to feel "gee, they should just wrap this up". The main series is excellent though, and the OAVs after are still quite good. I think it's still ongoing, but supposedly the artist who draws the Manga has some form of disease, so he can't always draw or something.

There's also another one that I like a lot, but I can't remember the name at the moment. Fushu-something I think. A *very* slow-paced and beautiful anime. Felt very unique, and I liked it a lot.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I really liked Bleach until the fillers began. Totally killed the momentum of the story for me. Also it's kinda disappointing that Sado turned out so useless; he was a pretty cool dude.

he gets better... at about episode 140 he's sitting out because he used all his power in training with Renji. So Udahara goes instead

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The shippuden (whatever it's called) naruto is pretty annoying as the pace is extremely slow.

I never got into Bleach, cause after the introduction arc (ep 1-20) a lot of inconsistencies appeared and really ruined it for me...

The Sasori fight was awesome, but now it's dragging. The Deidara chase is just painful to watch. Painful.

I took the time to catch up to where the manga is now, so there def is some good stuff to look forward to eventually.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

My favourite is an anime (well, Manga first I think) called Hunter X Hunter. It's a really long series though, and one of those where you start to feel "gee, they should just wrap this up". The main series is excellent though, and the OAVs after are still quite good. I think it's still ongoing, but supposedly the artist who draws the Manga has some form of disease, so he can't always draw or something.

There's also another one that I like a lot, but I can't remember the name at the moment. Fushu-something I think. A *very* slow-paced and beautiful anime. Felt very unique, and I liked it a lot.

One of my favourites as well. Actually, it is the only series that i can rewatch several times.

I also tried to read the manga (the anime ends at chapter 183. Currently, it's at chapter 260) and they're still stuck on the same story arc, called "Chimera". After an 16 month hiatus, the manga should resume on October 6th this year.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy