Interested in getting into the gaming industry

Phaedra36

Hi guys :-

My topic pretty much explains it all, as I am quite clueless on how to get into the gaming industry. Right now I'm a college student in Oklahoma majoring in Psychology, and it piqued my interest that George Ziets also studied Psychology but wound up working for Turbine and then Obsidian. Like him, I would like to be a game writer as I have a passion for writing. My question is this: How do I go about getting my foot in the door as a potential game writer? Thanks for you time ! :wacko:

Hi guys :)

My topic pretty much explains it all, as I am quite clueless on how to get into the gaming industry. Right now I'm a college student in Oklahoma majoring in Psychology, and it piqued my interest that George Ziets also studied Psychology but wound up working for Turbine and then Obsidian. Like him, I would like to be a game writer as I have a passion for writing. My question is this: How do I go about getting my foot in the door as a potential game writer? Thanks for you time ! :*

My best advice: Keep looking for someone to help you out. Write write write and submit applications.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raymond Holmes

It's very difficult to get into the industry as a game writer. If you are published, especially in paper games, this is slightly easier. In general, the easiest way to get hired as a designer is to perfect your level design skills, and have a portfolio of mods you can show off to prospective employers. Then while you're designing levells for your new company you can show them your writing and work your way into a more specialized position.