Rugby World Cup

Monte Carlo

I'd just like to point out that Portugal are the true World Cup winners.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As a crumpet eater I have to express disappointment that we're playing such a strong kicking game. But then if you chaps were beter maybe you'd lock us down!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Why would you express disappointment that you crumpet eating large people are playing such a strong kicking game, when without it, you guys would be screwed?

Why would you express disappointment that you crumpet eating large people are playing such a strong kicking game, when without it, you guys would be screwed?

Clarification: The game is not about kicking. Kicking is merely the cream on the trifle or the butter on the crumpet. Simply because you can get full eating butter does not mean that you should.

I am annoyed about us being good at kicking because it is covering up the fact that we can't play as a team. Or that we have any real enthusiasm. I've much preferred Argentina this cup. At least they care.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Er... rugby, not football.

-Elwood Blues

That football world cup stuff is just sad now.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

I think not. The Springboks will send them packing.

Anyway...

Fair enough, Walsingham. I guess in the end, the result is more important than how it is achieved, but to be honest, I'd rather see a team I barrack for lose playing well than win playing poorly, unless the team they beat plays even worse, and in this case, I think England deserved the victory against us in the RWC QF.

Actually that's not entirely true. I never like to see any team I barrack for lose, but if they play poorly and their opponents play better but the opponents still lose, than I'd be happy about that, but would be the first to admit that they didn't deserve to win.

I have a friend who supports Chelsea. He takes the Mourinho view that winning is more important than how. It seem Abramovich and I agree that it is not. How you win - at least on a sports field - is at least half the game.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah, but were I a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't even want to watch them play. It's so boring.

Then you are left with the knowledge that your team has won, rather than the experience of football itself.

The overused term 'not a true football fan' is so accurate there.

Any game that consistently ends with nil-all draws and resorts to penalty shoot-outs to determine the victor isn't particularly fun to watch, anyway. That's my largest complaint against the sport ... that and the professional acting that takes the place of talented play ...

It's certainly an interesting final, though. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest The Architect

I have to admit that even I, an ex-football player and big fan of the game, even find the matches to be of disappointing quality and entertainment these days. Then again, they don't show much of it on free-to-air tele over here anymore, so that might have something to do with it.

Guest The Architect

Yeah sorry 'bout the double post, but...

Adios for France.

It doesn't matter.

South Africa or Argentina will win this.

'Sif the Poms {sp?} will go back to back.

Yeah, but were I a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't even want to watch them play. It's so boring.

Then you are left with the knowledge that your team has won, rather than the experience of football itself.

The overused term 'not a true football fan' is so accurate there.

You don't know the chap so you can be forgiven for thinking him not a true fan. Hee's supported Chelsea for over twenty years, long before they became big. And I do understand his point of view. I just don't share it.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

One week isn't a necropost, is it?

Anyway, well yeah, it's technically old news, but...

Tis a shame England lost the RWC final. Yeah, a real shame. -_-

Australia beats Japan 91-3... and here I thought NZ-Italy 76-14 was bad.

Geez.

*Massive LOL*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect
Almost as sad as the poor, sad old Kiwi team not even making the quarter finals, after being seeded first AGAIN. :-"

The Kiwis did make the quarter finals, actually.

Still, I agree with what you're saying.

;)