Underage Sex Legalized in Illinois

thepixiesrock

http://www.juvenilecomedy.com/bioshock1.htm

Be prepared to be shaken to your very core. Shaken with truth.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm not shaken, I'm not even amazed... Infact I've never read a more uninformed bias article in my life.

The guys a jerk and understands nothing.

Can you elaborate?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm not shaken, I'm not even amazed... Infact I've never read a more uninformed bias article in my life.

Can you elaborate?

Sure, to be blunt, it's most likely down to the engines design and required specifications.

The patch while allowing the game to run, is still full of artifacts, shader model 2.0 has several limitations, one of those is to do with the amount of instructions that you can actually write, can't remember the exact number, also such cards are hardly high performance. The company that developed Bioshock will have been aware of those requirements, I would certainly place money on the fact that while the game can be forced to run on a system with a shader model 2.0 card, that it will perform both poorly, and look crap.

Development time would have been required to do this, and was most likely not a requirement as the perception would have been restrictive to the developers vision. Considering that shader model 2.0 exists within two other form also 2.0a and 2.0b, that would also have to have been taken into consideration, increasing development time.

You have to bare in mind that Bioshock was developed for PC and XBOX 360, due to the nature of the fact that they're very similar as development platforms, writing a shader for PC or XBOX 360 and porting them back and forth is mostly down to the compiler, they're very similar jobs from a programmer perspective, the XBOX 360 is shader model 3.0 equivalent, but I have no knowledge to the fact that it actually has support for shader model 2.0, it also means less time would be required for shader development, they can both use the same thing so to speak, thus only meaning that extra development be required for shader model 4.0.

The game uses a modified Unreal 3.0 engine, which focuses on next gen technology, it is most likely an influence of this system.

Shader model 3.0 has existed for 2 gfx card generations, 6 and 7, model 2.0 is infact rather old by todays standards, cutting edge games aren't targeted at the more casual gamer market, even requiring a shader model 3.0 card is hardly demanding latest tech, 6 series cards are considered to be low end technology. You can pick up a low end 6 series card for about $50.

There was the exact same problem with NWN's loads of people were complaining, because there Voodoo video cards werent supported, due to its open GL requirements, yet you could actually force the game to run on earlier and unsupported GPU's, but just because you can doesn't mean that it would perform.

The software is designed to function with shader model 3.0, just because you can force the game to run in SM 2.0, doesn't mean that the game could fully support 2.0 at any point, atleast not correctly and reliabley, were it to have been released with limited shader 2.0 support there would be a bunch of people endlessly complaining about that I imagine.

I always find casual gamers to be pretty funny, I don't understand why they even buy a PC, they don't keep them upto date! Why not buy an XBOX!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Can you elaborate?

TONGUE IN CHEEK

Here let me translate.

"I worked on Bioshock and whoever criticizes it and tells me how to do something is an idiot."

How's that.

Hopefully you caught the tongue in cheek part though.

On the otherhand I feel sorry for the guy, he's just experiencing what a LOT of the general public experiences and why Blizzards games normally do very well and people trust them...Blizzard caters to the lower ground of graphics and computers in general, not the the newest thing out there, thus increasing their customer base. Hence they don't get as many people like the guy who wrote the article finding out that they can't run a game because they don't have shiny enough new gadgets to run it.

If I were the guy and just had my phone shut off, I probably wouldn't be buying video games to pass the time though, on a side not.

Edit: Heck, he should start saving for an Xbox360 at that Christmas time, then he could play those games and not have to worry about computer upgrades or anything like that...and the 360 is currently going for 279 new, and down to at least 239 used in pretty accessible areas.

Edited by greylord

I agree with Nightshade. I see too often people exercising what seems like a chimera of entitlement and ignorance. This looks kind of like one of those times. Though I guess this case sways more towards ignorance than the other. Just because equipment is capable does not mean it should be encouraged or considered supported, especially if there's reason to forsee problems or technical limitations that need to be overcome. However, this guy construes it as a lie?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm sure you just call me Nightshade coz ya know it narks me LOL.

The fact that he construes it as a lie is what disturbs me, he is truly ignorant, and its people like that who cause more problems than its worth. If there was a reason that Bioshock doesn't support SM 2.0, it sure as hell isn't because they want people to upgrade GFX cards, developers want as many people as possible to play a game.

Greylord: Blizzard don't build cutting edge games in regards to technology. You're right, he shouldn't be shelling out on a game if he's struggling with bills, and if he is going to buy a game he should read the requirements as it is stated as need shader model 3.0.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

It's ok Hurlshot. It's easier to just let them take it seriously.

I'll take you seriously.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll take you seriously.

I'm game!

Haw, haw, haw, haw, haw. Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

I just wish people actually read the system specs and do some research on a game before buying.

Zoma, I love that review.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I would have said the guy was being a jerk. But I got the same story waaaay back around the time I first joined this forum. i tried to play Fire Warrior without ANY graphics card beyond the basic intel one.

In an absolutely classic case of bad customer service I rang up THQ feeling simply morose, and finsihed feeling incandescent and patronised. All I needed was the verbal equivalent of a hug and I'd have trotted away and icked myself. Instead this snotty bastard wound me up by telling me I was a fool. I was obviously being a fool, but being told so was not ...helpful.

Anyway, I took the game back to GAME (the store) and the manager very kindly, and without any requirement to do so refunded all my money.I always buy my games from them if I'm getting in the highstreet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.