World in Conflict

Zoma

World in Conflict.

Wow.

Its my first time I actually got addicted to RTS games, something which I really suck at. Multiplayer is actually very well implemented and balanced, especially when it comes to 16 player games.

Those people who loath building and intricating economy, rest assure there is none at all in WiC. The players virtually has unlimited resources at their disposal though it is capped at a certain number, meaning you can only build xxx numbers of unit depending on their xxx costs. If your units die, the costs for building the unit will be recycled back into your resource pool. There is no need to build buildings to summon units, they will just be simply air dropped in your team's dropzone points. This means when the game starts, INSTANT ACTION instead of bloody building buildings in A - B - C order! :bat:

This economy system + 8v8 multiplayer system + ranking system + Teamwork gameplay = WINNAH!

I could explain more but it'll only make people confused with my long windedness. I would simply suggest you download the demo now.

This is by Massive, right? Anything they make is awesome by default.

Also, Ground Control 2>everything(except DOW)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

of course its awesome, it's Swedish :bat:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is by Massive, right? Anything they make is awesome by default.

Also, Ground Control 2>everything(except DOW)

I'll see dawn of war and raise you Company of Heroes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So I'm wondering if you folks might be interested in forming an Obsidian forum user clan? Its easily doable and organized through the multiplayer system WiC provides. Reminds me alot of Steam really.

If any of you are playing the game, add me "Song" in your friend list! We'll catch a game or two together then. ;)

There's only two rts' where I enjoy basebuilding and those are old as hell, Battlezone 2(you'll know if you've played it) and Age of Kings: Conquerors(because building walls was worthwhile and the economy took care of itself after a while) . I detest it when I have to divide my attention between combat and clickety click on different building. Ground Control 2 did unit acquirement grandiously and Summoner even better - lots of hassle but it was believable and didn't eat your time away from combat. Dawn of War on the other hand had such a dynamic combat model and unit production was streamlined perfectly that I didn't mind base building, especially since it was mostly consistent with the setting. Especially with Eldar, Necrons and Cadians.

I enjoy building in games where it's done outside of combat(Sid's/Reynold's games, Paradox games, TW games), on the map, since the scale is grand enough. Traditional German fantasy rts format where you build three different barrack buildings and harvest 5 different resources(I'm looking at you Spellforce/Armies of Exigo/Cultures LCXVI) doesn't interest me at all. In Battle Realms it at least needed some planning and it's efficiency didn't depend on the amount of hillbillies you had created, not to mention the unit production was grand.

I think there is a case to be made for the death of Warcraft 2 rts-sensibilities. I can't understand why anyone likes to spend ages on building base infrastructure and gathering stockpiles when the actual climax of the thing isn't combat, since it is often a plain chugging match that hardly even has combat animation or needs player input - like an abstractation of action into base level defence value minus attack value with splash damage algebra, but instead the climax is the point where you successfully outmass your opponent with bigger numbers units and turnips/gold. Dawn of War might feel like a traditional rts to someone, but at least the combat is a visceral death theatre, flashy, brutal and often even revolting and it needs constant attention to win.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

well there has been a move away from the more traditional rts. people are either going for grandeur (sup com) or more tactical fighting (COH DOW) rather than just a plain old slugging match.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Move away is a matter of perspective, considering that a large segment (majority?) of the RTS community still plays Warcraft 3 as their primary game - which might explain why other companies are not so keen on simply cloning, since they'd be hard pressed to compete with Blizzard. I'd observe what Blizzard does with SC 2.

There are doors