The music thread

Walsingham

The Cribs - Men's Needs

they don't agree

they don't agree!

Matthew Sweet - Falling

The lead guitar on this is out of control! It reminds me of the guy who's been wanking all over the latest Wilco studio album and their double disc live record. I love it; he's like an uncontrollable spaz who happens to know every inch of the fretboard.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

That would be Richard Lloyd doing the guitar wailing.

Interpol - Narc

Oh, the guy from Television! That makes sense, then.

Matthew Sweet - Someone to Pull the Trigger

Very, very good stuff.

Has anyone ever heard of OverClocked Remix? It's an online community devoted to arranging and re-arranging video game music. They've got some seriously talented people over there.

I've downloaded a handful of their remixes of Street Fighter II songs, and I have found some complete and utter gems. So far, my favorites are the "Go Home and Be a Family Man" remix of Guile's theme, the "Freestyle Dojo" mix of Ryu's theme, and the unbelievable take on Ken's theme. "The Ken Song" actually has (well done, if a bit cheesy) vocals, and the production values are worthy of Top 40 rock radio.

Highly recommended for fans of the Street Fighters... or the Foo Fighters for that matter.

Download it here!

Seriously, it rocks.

kansi.jpg

One of the best albums. If not best one.

Ever.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Chiodos - Bone Palace Ballet. (Album)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Ever.

How much did you pay for it and where? I read an interview in Nyt and suddenly got interested. 'Cos, pretentiously grim space opera rock>pretentious self-ironic art-rock. And the guys wore what looked like Cadian pilot flak armor in the magazine cover. It's so nerdy that it could possibly work.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ever.

How much did you pay for it and where? I read an interview in Nyt and suddenly got interested. 'Cos, pretentiously grim space opera rock>pretentious self-ironic art-rock. And the guys wore what looked like Cadian pilot flak armor in the magazine cover. It's so nerdy that it could possibly work.

I heard it's some kind of Starship Troopers reference :dancing:

Hmh, I could go and start long babbling why I think it's wrong to call CMX pretentious. But that's not the point.

Since they slowly became my second favorite band of all time (Aion is best finnish album ever, but curiously only CMX's one in my top ten albums. Well, was until this. ) I started to think there's only one band who could get me buy that expensive album without hearing music at all before, that would be them.

Just warning: No one should start listening them with this album. Seriously. Grab Isohaara or Aura instead. Aion too would be bad one to start with, although it still might be their best album (hell, it's hard to say which one's better, Aion or Talvikuningas.) And especially, if you hate them, this album will be one hour nightmare for you.

Talvikuningas is album that really needs work and delicate listening, this can never work as an background music. Well, what to expect from album that's one hour long song? Musically this is interesting, it's very, very prog album in many ways but "hc-m

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Bathory - One rode to Asa Bay

smiley_viking.gif

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ghost Brigade - Guided by fire

I wish.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

In the background on itunes is, usually (in no particular order):

The Barenaked Ladies

The Pretenders

The Killers

KT Tunstall

The Manic Street Preachers

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

The Rolling Stones

The best of Lenny Kravitz

Paolo Nutini

Evanesence (I have a mid-life crisis crush on Amy)

sonsofgygax.JPG