So, one day you wake up

Calax

And you've got the powers of superman, and after you do all the stupid stuff that everyone would probably do if they could fly, had super strength, invincibility and had sixty different vision powers, would you get involved in national fights? heck would you actually try to do a heroic thing? Because nothing is black and white anymore, who's right and whos wrong is written by the survivors (who are usually victorious, but I'm guessing that Islam will have something different in their history books than America does about what's happening).

I personally wouldn't because I don't know enough about everything and everyone to make a proper decision. Who's good, who's evil, who's in the middle, who to save... to try to do the heroic thing seems like you'd end up going insane because theres too many crimes to control them effectively, meanwhile getting involved in national fights seems like your just asking to be screwed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I certainly would! There's plenty of national fights where you can look at them and say "what in the name of Zombie Jesus, this is madness, this should be stopped!" Things as ridiculous as race wars. I'd have little qualm about going in and breaking the kneecaps of everyone involved.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I would totally go Superman on the world. Id make myself a sweet costume and then fly all over the place doing stuff. I mean, what's personal gain against being the most celebrated celebrity in the world?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Y'know, now that I think about it, I'd probably only try to stop one or two genocides. Then I'd get disillusioned. Then the real party would begin.

First, I would go completely insane! Then, I would start speaking in a bastardized old english and ask people with revolutionary ideas "Doest thou desire the power?" If I could grant them power, I'd give them a bit. If I couldn't, I'd make a fake test that they couldn't possible pass. I'd essentially be setting myself up as a demi-god.

Edited by Tale

i hope you wouldn't make your costume with pansy tights...

i agree, btw, live large, personal gain. no matter how bad the world gets, you could still make sure you and your own were still living large. ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Having read The Authority comics I already know about thsi stuff. I'd get stuck in, kicking ass.

Of course that is when it would emerge that Sammy MacLaden has been out of the public eye because KFQ have been rebuilding him... better stronger, hairier.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yep, personal gain is the way to go.

Edit:

Oh, and I would go out of my way to **** over people I don't like, without getting caught doing it.

Don't worry, the people I don't like are usually complete twits. Usually.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Because if I'm not caught, I can pretend to be nice and understanding later, while laughing maniacally inside. ;)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd attempt to find anything that could kill me, then destroy it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I would use my vast superior intellect to create a strain of disease to wipe out 99ish% of the worlds population (because lets face it, people suck pretty hardcore) and spare a few key people like walshingham and stuff. But then I'd have a few giant underground compounds becuase compounds are hella sweet and everyone alive would live in these state of the art subterranean awesome places, and it'd be like a communal type of place but people wouldn't get away with slacking off and people would still choose what they wanted to do in life but if anyone disobeyed I'd kill them real dead like. Measures would be set in place so that population doesn't exponential increase. We'd let the world revert back to normalcy then unleash upon the world a new species of mega dinosaurs and let the tribes strongest warriors try to take them down and bring back their meat for sustenance. It'd be pretty awesome. Not to mention the group of young women varying in ethnicity to please all my super extraordinary superman like man needs.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

And you've got the powers of superman, and after you do all the stupid stuff that everyone would probably do if they could fly, had super strength, invincibility and had sixty different vision powers, would you get involved in national fights? heck would you actually try to do a heroic thing? Because nothing is black and white anymore, who's right and who's wrong is written by the survivors (who are usually victorious, but I'm guessing that Islam will have something different in their history books than America does about what's happening).

I personally wouldn't because I don't know enough about everything and everyone to make a proper decision. Who's good, who's evil, who's in the middle, who to save... to try to do the heroic thing seems like you'd end up going insane because there's too many crimes to control them effectively, meanwhile getting involved in national fights seems like your just asking to be screwed.

The best part about having super powers is that you don't have to adjudicate by democracy, so the ultimate judge of what is "right" is YOUR interpretation.

What you are basically asking is what people would do if they were made absolute ruler of the world.

The best part of having super powers is that one could remake the world in whatever image desired.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The best part of having super powers is that one could remake the world in whatever image desired.

One filled with adventure. People seeking me to grant them power if they finish my trials!

I just had an awful realisation that you could probably do better by joining the NFL.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Um... I would go and live on Mars.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

And you've got the powers of superman, and after you do all the stupid stuff that everyone would probably do if they could fly, had super strength, invincibility and had sixty different vision powers, would you get involved in national fights? heck would you actually try to do a heroic thing? Because nothing is black and white anymore, who's right and who's wrong is written by the survivors (who are usually victorious, but I'm guessing that Islam will have something different in their history books than America does about what's happening).

I personally wouldn't because I don't know enough about everything and everyone to make a proper decision. Who's good, who's evil, who's in the middle, who to save... to try to do the heroic thing seems like you'd end up going insane because there's too many crimes to control them effectively, meanwhile getting involved in national fights seems like your just asking to be screwed.

The best part about having super powers is that you don't have to adjudicate by democracy, so the ultimate judge of what is "right" is YOUR interpretation.

What you are basically asking is what people would do if they were made absolute ruler of the world.

not necessarily. Read Supreme Power, it's kinda one of the reasons I made this thread, because american boys would probably say "I'd go wipe out the evil peoples!"

"who's the evil peoples?"

"the people who hate america"

"well that's an awful lot of people"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

not necessarily. Read Supreme Power, it's kinda one of the reasons I made this thread, because american boys would probably say "I'd go wipe out the evil peoples!"

"who's the evil peoples?"

"the people who hate america"

"well that's an awful lot of people"

Wow, that's pretty danged insulting. You'd have to a be beyond a complete idiot to believe that.

I think my response was easily the best. No one else has come up with anything creative or remotely cool at all. Mine has freaking dinosaurs and a band of women that please every sick desire I could ever comprehend. As my good man walshingham would say if he were here; Wankers, the whole lot of you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

No. I would use my powers mainly for personal gain.

I too would use my powers for Krookie's personal gain.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.