Mask of the Betrayer

Cantousent

So, when is the Wii version due out?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We should expect the Wii Version any day. They had to cut corners, though, so I can't account for the writing and the graphics, but the controls will be cool.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pop, you swinehearted wretch!

As I spend more time not working for Obsidz, I have less knowledge of what the hell's going on over there. It's not like any of them are going to keep me posted. Just keep your ear to the ground and I'm sure you'll have just as much information about the release date as I do.

In that case, what shape was the build in when you played it last? If that build were to be released, would you have bought it?

That's a loaded question, also. Really, I never even read my NDA and I don't know what all's entailed in signing it. I've just been going off of common sense and courtesy. Common sense tells me that I shouldn't discuss the state of the game and common courtesy obliges me to be tight lipped on the issue.

However, I can give you a short answer. Yes. I would have bought it in the state it was when I left.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still reckon it'll run like a badger...

...on crack.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm preordering it. I should receive one gratis for being on the team. I'll also buy a couple for friends as gifts.

It's funny. When I first started working on it, someone asked me if he should buy it and I said, "if you liked NWN2, then I can't see where you'll go wrong." ...But I was increasingly impressed. As a result of my enthusiasm, two of my friends have purchased NWN2 just to play MotB.

I don't know if it's going to run like a muskrat or whatever, but it's a damned good game and you guys will want to play it.

Obsidian Plays

I'll also buy a couple for friends as gifts.

Hey buddy, how's it hanging? We should hang out sometime.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes. I would have bought it in the state it was when I left.

so you would have bought it in california, eh? hmmm, how about colorado?

btw, IMHO, cant == plant. i'm on to ya buddy! :wacko:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The one thing I would say with regards to the engine (and thus optimizations, graphics, etc.), is that 1 GB is a criminally low amount of RAM to use for any sort of gaming purposes on Vista. While the recent gaming-related patches (which are all being rolled into SP1) for Vista have helped somewhat, the OS is still a huge memory hog, in comparison to XP.

While I play with Shadows off, I otherwise have never had any issues whatsoever with NWN2's performance, whether on my XP or Vista boxes, (both of which have 2GB of Ram). If performance improves even more with MotB, I'll be one happy cookie.

NWN2 already ran very good, Here and there some choppiness, but nothing hair raising. And with the optimized code in MOTB it should even run better now. Yay, I guess.

It had terrible performance issues, even on a high end system, I really do hope it runs alot better with MOTB, but all in all it still runs like a badger.

This was a long time ago, but at first it ran choppy and horribly, but one graphics card update, and NWN2 ran smooth as silk (about a month or two after release). And it still runs smooth as heck since.

btw, the Spirit eater sound sweet! :ermm:

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

NWN2 already ran very good, Here and there some choppiness, but nothing hair raising. And with the optimized code in MOTB it should even run better now. Yay, I guess.

It had terrible performance issues, even on a high end system, I really do hope it runs alot better with MOTB, but all in all it still runs like a badger.

This was a long time ago, but at first it ran choppy and horribly, but one graphics card update, and NWN2 ran smooth as silk (about a month or two after release). And it still runs smooth as heck since.

btw, the Spirit eater sound sweet! :sorcerer:

Nada, I disagree...

NWN2 is a crack badger. It's a prooven fact.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I see Olivier is here. He can comment on the state of the engine much better than I can.

Obsidian Plays

btw, the Spirit eater sound sweet! :mellow:

Nada, I disagree...

NWN2 is a crack badger. It's a prooven fact.

Yea people complain all the time, so I can't say you're wrong. In fact the majority agrees with your statement. But for me it started ruining smooth as silk after one graphics upgrade. (which I'm happy as heck for)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well, if it ran like a badger on crack, it runs better now. However, I think it would plumb the depths of stupidity to pass over a great game like this because the engine could use more optimization. A lot of great games could have used engine optimization over the years. MotB is worth buying.

Obsidian Plays

Well, if it ran like a badger on crack, it runs better now. However, I think it would plumb the depths of stupidity to pass over a great game like this because the engine could use more optimization. A lot of great games could have used engine optimization over the years. MotB is worth buying.

Oh I wouldn't dream of it, I love Obsidians work.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Cant: One question, you mentioned that combat in MotB is much more difficult, is this because fights are better spaced out and generally better planned? So can I look forward to NOT having mindless dungeon crawls like the orc caves and city watch warehouse? I still cannot play NWN2 again to this day because of how literally terrible those dungeons were.

I would however love the idea of fights being significantly tougher and without the 'filler' nature that those above two areas gave me the impression of being from the original.

Edited by Aegeri

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*