Going to college BRB

thepixiesrock

Another bit of advice, do not sign up for a 8am class.

Sorry to disagree again, but only with an addendum. An 8 a.m. class can be OK provided you find a nice comfortable lecture theatre witha good cafe nearby. It's a pain getting there, but the pleasure of snoozing flat out in the back row is a rare and beautiful one.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The point of going to class is to pay attention and learn, not to snooze.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Says you. That's how I Aced my Abnormal Adult, Abnormal Child, and Interviewing classes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Says you. That's how I Aced my Abnormal Adult, Abnormal Child, and Interviewing classes.

By being the test subject? :mellow:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I got offered an internship for the city in management by my business teacher. I'm just starting my second year of school and it's an internship meant for seniors in their last year, so I guess my teacher thinks very highly of me. Only problem is the place is in the ghetto like 25-30 minute drive away if your lucky. But I'm just thinking if I'm able to stick with it for the remainder of my schooling I would probably be sealing my future of making a very healthy income. She said she'd email the info and stuff so I'm not sure if it's a paid internship and what kind hours they will have me work but what do you guys think?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Paid internship? Those actually exist?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

:o In my Calc 1 & 2 classes I only showed up on test days and got an A in both of them. But i worked full time and earned my degree at night so I had an excuse!

I also did that in my DC Circuits I class and even though I had an average test score of 97% over the three tests and final i got a B for the class because the instructor gave 10% of the final grade based on "class participation". He gave me a 0 on that and I finished the class with an 87. I think that is one of the reasons I hated most of my instructors. Plus I had a feeling they did not have a real understanding of what they were teaching beyond an academic sense.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I got offered an internship for the city in management by my business teacher. I'm just starting my second year of school and it's an internship meant for seniors in their last year, so I guess my teacher thinks very highly of me. Only problem is the place is in the ghetto like 25-30 minute drive away if your lucky. But I'm just thinking if I'm able to stick with it for the remainder of my schooling I would probably be sealing my future of making a very healthy income. She said she'd email the info and stuff so I'm not sure if it's a paid internship and what kind hours they will have me work but what do you guys think?

I think you should give it serious consideration. Accepting it would work very well, and refusal might offend your tutor. Can you think of any reasons not to besides the inconvenience? :o

As for the point of study not being snoozing, Sand, I suggest again that you have not made best use of your time! :teehee: Serious study is strictly for post-graduate education.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Paid internship? Those actually exist?

i was a paid research assistant while working on my MS (referred to as a GRA: graduate research assistant). no such money for the PhD, however. i asked and was told "unlikely." co-op jobs are key as an undergrad, or summer internships.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yeah I'm definitely going to consider it, thanks walsh :). Still no word back on the internship but when I was speaking to her she said she'd open it up to the whole class however she seemed to take particular interest in me and said she'd help me out so I definitely owe her. It was really brief but she said I'd be helping in a new department that has been remodeling downtown in recent year since it's pretty slummy down there. I mean I would love to do it becuase it's an amazing opportunity but I don't know how flexible they are and the drive would be tough plus it's just another thing to stack on top of school. I'll have to ask her if they have any opportunities at the city on our side since there's a city department literally 100 yards away from the campus.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I need to get off of my cell phone and start connecting with the people around me.

Or at least that's what I'm told. And I do have an 8 AM class, every Monday and Wednsday

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

8am on a Monday?

Ew.

I remember my CS (Computer Science) years as beeing a mixture of a bit of class attending, some project work, lots of beer (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Saturdays and Sundays were spent working on the project we neglected due to beer the other days). Listening to a lot of badly recorded Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Cult and B52's while consuming a lot a beer while working on the projects... and then the geeky stuff like running a Mud secretly without the sysadmin knowing it, hacking guest teachers printer accounts, getting suspended, arguing about what a real in the flesh girl would possible look like (5% of the students were female)... oh, and getting a lot of grey hair in your early twenties :p

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, but I mean, they don't even really believe in high-school. It's just like one big empty race to cram as much useless info your tiny, helpless skull. And after that they just throw you out on your ass to forfend against the worlds ills... on your own... using the little trivia you scrounged as they pounded and pounded and pounded it into your skull. Relentlessly. You know, sometimes I feel like a real chump. Sometimes... well, sometimes...

I... cry.

Edited by Baley

Oh, man, I mean, like you seriously wouldn't be saying this **** had you gone through some of the **** I have. You know what you're like? You're like a gilded dodo-head guy, man. You're rotten. You're an ass-muncher. You munch on asses. Man-asses. You're an embarassment.

I have roll call at 13:00 today, the bastard teachers always try and scare us by giving lame speeches about working hard etc. but I know that all we have to fear is fear itself... fear is the mindkiller... walk without rythm so you wnt attract the worm and so on

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And never stop walking, never. You won't stay till when you stand and the vibrations can be heard.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, man, I mean, like you seriously wouldn't be saying this **** had you gone through some of the **** I have. You know what you're like? You're like a gilded dodo-head guy, man. You're rotten. You're an ass-muncher. You munch on asses. Man-asses. You're an embarassment.

Baley? More like...SMELLY

Oho, burn?

Yeah, burn.