Going to college BRB

thepixiesrock

I'm moving to college in like, ten minutes.

Discuss.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Kids grow up so fast. And then die.

All the luck.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

College. Time to engage in decadent sexual activities, consume some narcotics and pulling pranks like in National Lampoons'-movies. And reading some books as well. Quite a lot of them, now that i come think of it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In order:

1. Purchase one bottle of tequila and a small paper hat

2. Purchase box

3. Cut hole in box

4. Place your junk in the box

5. Announce party at your place

6. Drink tequila

7. Free your mind

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Here's to hoping you don't get a ****ty roomate who breaks your PS2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Here's to hoping you don't get a roommate like Tale. :thumbsup:

I'm lucky, I barely had to deal with roommates. The first year there I had two roommates, who ended up moving to other rooms but didn't fill out their paperwork right, so aside from two weeks of that year I had the room all to myself. Second semester of second year was different and taught me why I'm never going to have livingmates again. Break my PS2, will you? I should have #@%@#%@# that #%$@#%@

Guest The Architect
I'm lucky, I barely had to deal with roommates. The first year there I had two roommates, who ended up moving to other rooms but didn't fill out their paperwork right, so aside from two weeks of that year I had the room all to myself.

Did they move because you threatened to eat them? After all, you are The Blob. You said it yourself.

:shifty:

Second semester of second year was different and taught me why I'm never going to have livingmates again. Break my PS2, will you? I should have #@%@#%@# that #%$@#%@

Someone obviously loved their PS2.

Nah fair enough for feeling that way. I mean, there is absolutely no logic or awesomeness in breaking a PS2. Sounds like you had bleedin' hippie living-mates, which, would be worse than having no roommates at all I reckon.

No, I had an underage drunk roommate. 18 years old and the guy comes to the dorm room drunk several times a week. He was probably playing my PS2 when I wasn't around (which was fine by me) as I saw an occasional PS2 game lying on his stuff. But then one day I find a giant dent on the corner of the system and the system doesn't work anymore, **** sux.

Guest The Architect

Oh, well that sounds like what I'd be like if I was staying at a University over here {which won't be the case, as ECU, the University I intend to go to when I turn 21, is only about 25 minutes away from where I live, and I'd rather live at home than some meh room}, rocking up to the dorm room drunk several times a week, except for the underage drinking part though, as I've already told you, over here 18+ = it's all good.

So, what happened? Did you give the guy a verbal bashing or something?

I only found out about it as I was moving out. Never saw him again.

Edited by Tale

I would glare menacingly at him.

Guest The Architect

Well to glare pretty much is to stare intently, angrily, or, "menacingly" at someone, so my point is, no need to say "glare menacingly". Glare alone just sums it up.

Didn't you learn anything in college? :shifty:

Oh, and sorry for spamming your thread like this, TPR. I need to stop now.

Bad Architect!

Edited by The Architect

I have only three bits of advice Pixies.

1) Complete every degree you want to earn at once. Because it really sucks to do it in your mid 30's.

2) If you are considering Electronics Engineering as a major, reconsider. The pay is not comesurate with the stress levels.

3) Over indulging in malt beverages like Bacardi Silver (or Zima when i did it) results in utterly debilitating hangovers that last three days. Stick to beer.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

now now, i have issues with all three of those.

1) yeah, doing a degree in your 30s is hard due to time constraints, but it is easier due to focus. in general, it is much easier to concentrate on your schoolwork when necessary, making your study efforts MUCH more efficient and ultimately, an A is much easier to obtain. i suppose part of that (for me) is simply because the classwork i've had to take for this degree has been all of my own choosing, i.e. no more silly electives.

2) i suppose that depends. :shifty: yeah, however, the stress of most design engineering jobs is way higher than the world understands. we engineers comprise about 3% of the population yet develop almost 100% of the products used by society.

3) beer is a worse hangover for me. i drink bacardi and coke. :)

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

oh, i should add, good luck. i'd blather on about paying attention, not skipping class, doing your homework, not falling in with the party crowd, etc., but i did all those things and look how i turned out! :shifty:

edit: i should say, i didn't pay attention, skipped class, rarely did homework and basically anchored the party crowd. hehe.

taks

Edited by taks

Hangovers are for pansies. I drink jack and coke, no hangovers. A few weeks ago I down 11 beers in a couple hours, no hangover. But, I have my own problems the following day.

i'm fine with beer after the 2nd day of hitting it hard, but the first day is an immense hangover. liquor, OTOH, leaves me with nothing but the shakes and a general lack of energy, but that's all due to a vitamin B deficiency brought about from any alcoholic consumption.

taks

Pixies!

Enjoy the limited responsibilities of college while they last. Don't take a campus job unless you really need the extra cash (also, wanting to meet a new group of people is an acceptable reason). You've got the whole rest of your life to work.

Also, form a band. There's plenty of people in college who play music. Surely you'll find some who don't want to play exclusively Sublime covers.

Last, learn things! When you're old and graduated like me, you won't ever have the time to read about stuff like Soviet Russia or the work of Lawrence Ferlinghetti.

@Tale: you should have had a Dreamcast. My roommate puked all over mine one night. After a thorough scrubbing, it still worked fine (and still does, years later).

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs