Aliens vs. Predator (2): Requiem

Arkan

Is this real? Can anyone confirm it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpMqpX3z0A...readid%3D126646

If so, it already looks 1000 times better than the first.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I would probably be more excited if it was just Predators vs. Aliens and no humans were involved. It would be interesting if the film explored Predator culture, the hunt and their Code of Honor and how they view the Aliens species as the perfect prey. Why can't we have a Predator as the main character?

I'm expecting another film where some guy or gal fights and survives while trained military personnel get cut down like so much fodder.

:*

I disagree on comics, but, the games haven't been bad.

In movies, the crab faced hunters fared quite well alone, Predator 2 is better for my money than the last Alien movie.

They don't work well with Aliens in movies because the Alien universe should be all about survival horror and most of all realism. The preds don't fit the bill, they are too much larger than life, and they aren't needed anyway, for realism you need a strong acting component, preds can't act, at least Aliens can be scary.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

One of the things I've heard and like about this upcoming movie is there will only be one predator, and much of the movie is survival horror. People trapped in a small town trying to stay alive, though I'm betting things start hitting the fan in the later sections of the movie with military involvement and larger scale pred-alien battles.

Judging from the trailer alone, this movie could be much better than Alien 3, Resurrection, Predator 2 and, of course, the first AvP movie. I don't really hold any of the alien sequels, except Aliens in very high regard and the Predator sequel was so-so. AvP could have atleast been a decent action movie, but they had to go and lower it to PG-13 for the kiddies which really ruined the experience. Really, who was expecting AvP 1 to be intelligent? Remove the gore/violent action and you really have nothing but a few cheap scares.

I'm really hoping AvP 2 Requiem has some decent character interaction but if it doesn't, atleast it looks like AvP 2 can fall back on the action.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I have a soft spot for predator 2, even if it is pretty silly, it did what it was supposed to do well, and I like Danny Glover as leading man, other than that, everything after Aliens have been varying degrees of disapoinment, the greatest disapoinment is that one of my favorite directors screwed up one of my favorite series, eg, Alien Ressurection, by going the 'comic' route instead of holding to realism.

Space pirates and gene alien muppet freaks,... what the hell for ???

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

As bad as Resurrection was, I'd have to say my all time least favorite of all the Alien or Pred movies was Alien 3. There was just absolutly nothing to care about.

I knew things weren't looking good when some of my favorite characters from Aliens are killed a minute in to the movie on a computer screen. All we have left is Ripley with a bunch of A-hole prison inmates. With only a SINGLE likable character in the movie, almost all of the horror is removed. I was frankly rooting for the alien.

Then, at the end of the movie, the only character I cared about is offed.

The only thing that Alien 3 got right was the atmosphere and I thought the alien was kind of cool. I may be in the minority on that point of view though, as I've heard many thought the alien looked like lame CGI crap.

I even hold AvP 1 above Alien 3. :o

I really need to see City of Lost Children. I love strange imaginative movies like Terry Gilliam fare. 12 Monkeys and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen are two of my all time favorite movies.

I still enjoy good sci-fi action horror films though. Pulling off good slow build isolation sci-fi horror seems much harder than pulling off good sci-fi action/action horror. When slower paced sci-fi horror works, though, it is VERY good (Alien, The Thing). The problem is, if it is bad/has unlikable characters it really is trash with no redeeming qualities.

Aliens in a non futuristic setting can't do anything but suck. However, I will still watch it at theatres and buy the special edition DVD.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Never saw the first AvP and I have no desire to. Same with the sequel. Of the originals I like Predator 2 the best out of both series, with Aliens being second, then Ressurection, Predator, Alien, and then Alien 3.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Predator 2 had its moments, but again I found myself rooting for the creature. Most of the movie the pred spends slaughering drug dealers and gang members... it was almost like an alien version of Robocop.

That wasn't actually a bad thing though in some ways. It was also pretty cool to see the new pred gadgets like the Disc. Predator 2, for me, had somewhat less likable characters and they also lost a lot of the tension moving the action from the jungle to the city. There was a real isolation to the first movie, and a tension of not knowing what was in the forest stalking these men. I still remember the build up to the creature as being one of the scariest and tense moments I had ever seen and it amazes me I can rewatch Pred 1, knowing what is coming but still feeling tense. Pred 2, almost all of the entertainment value of the movie comes from seeing the pred kick ass and the final chase/battle between Glover and the Pred.

For me Pred 2 is a midway point in the Alien/Predator movies. No where near as amazing or ground breaking as Alien, Aliens or Predator, but no where near as bad as Alien 3, Alien Resurrection or AvP.

Alien and Aliens traumatized me deeply as a child, since then the Alien franchise have gone straight to hell.

Predator 2 is an awesome 80's action flick, I like it lots... it not in the same ballpark as Alien, and I dislike the crossovers that have been done.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Heh, i almost feel proud of only seen Alien and Aliens. Of some reason, i never got myself to see the newer ones.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd agree with Cameron, but Alien 3 and Resurrection already screwed up the franchise. I don't see how you could possibly go lower than Alien 3, and IMHO AvP didn't go lower than Alien 3 as it atleast had some mildly entertaining scenes and locations. Seriously, Alien 3 and Resurrection took the franchise down to the slums, AvP is just wallowing in the lowered bar.

While I doubt Requiem will come anywhere near Alien, Aliens or the original Predator, I have a feeling based on the trailer that it wont be the same level of garbage that Alien 3, Resurrection or AvP were. It might, if nothing else, be a decent summer action/horror movie... somewhere around the Pred 2 level.

Was I seriously the only one who liked Alien 3.

I thought it was delightfully bleak and understated.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds