New Piranha Bytes RPG

Morgoth

As you all know, PB is working on a new franchise (although they say it's still very reminiscent to Gothic) together with Deep Silver.

Here's a teaser homepage with an artwork: CLICK

The name hasn't been announced yet, althouh some infos already drizzled through.

The game takes place on a Vulcan Island, the "Forbidden Isle". The gods have abanoned the world, and now an other force emerges whom the player will be confronted with.

Also, they've now fixed the broken Genome engine finally. No horrible stutters a'la Gothic3 will occur.

If there will come more infos along the days, I'll post it here.

Woohoo! :D

Although the Genome engine works wonderfully for me in Gothic 3. It only stutters when it accesses the harddrive. I can live with that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mafia 2 and now this. The world is slowly getting into form, attacking my wallet with the intensity I thought was unique for 2001-2002.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bah. I had to import Gothic and Gothic 2 Gold (Night of the Raven) already so I am not worried. I'll learn (more) German if need be.

I think these people have an even more skewed perspective on what makes a good CRPG than Bethesda. Like forcing the player to play some jerk with a ponytail-mullet for no reason

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's kinda weird, coming from you. Also, Kaft's schtick is funny.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was just going to write "Let's hope they bring back the pony-tail in this new RPG" :D

They cut it in Gothic 3!! :'(

Why are you always so negative?

Because the jerries couldnt make a playable RPG to save their lives =]

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Only thing I know is Deep Silver published X3 and I love X3.

However, that should have absolutely no bearing on this game.

Pre-edit: F' teasers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was just going to write "Let's hope they bring back the pony-tail in this new RPG" :D

They cut it in Gothic 3!! :'(

I too, totally want my protagonist to have long, red and hard pony tail that swings boldly all the time on my computer screen. :p

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Mind you, Ive actually been hired to do a couple of characters and monsters for an computer version of "Drakborgen"(mkreku will know what ti is)

..and The Kaft is not a troll :)

I just wish they would release a little more information. So far it's "We're making a game! On an island!!" and nothing else. A name would be nice.. and a community board.. and perhaps some early art designs, just to get a feel for the game.. ANYTHING!

The graphics engine will consist of some licensed components but most of it is being developed by Piranha Bytes itself.

I think I hear the music from the Psycho shower scene. :thumbsup:

I really must get round to playing Gothic 3 one of these days.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)